Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Neto

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Obviously disappointing news, but not the end of the world.The truth is he's been woeful for a long time and ironically the tackle that he made was born out of pure frustration because he knows it too.

Costa/Adama/Podence should be the front 3 regardless of whether Neto was fit or not.
I’d like to see us play 4 2 3 1 or 4 2 1 3 with Podebce in the hole
Sa
Semedo Collins Kilman Jonny/Alt Nouri either
Neves Nunes
Adana Podence Guedes
Costa

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
One of the advantages of JL coming in as much is that he will have the authority to say to Shi, "The medical team isn't good enough." "Recruitment isn't good enough" and so on. You doubt that (say) Svensson would have had the same authority. Suspect that - within budget constraints - Shi will do exactly as JL tells him.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're well stocked with wide players/wingers so don't think that really applies here.
As far as I can tell, we're down to Guedes, Podence and Adama for two positions now. Can't really do with any more injuries there.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This season is turning into a disaster. Players suspended, a ridiculous amount of injuries to attacking players. Gutted for Neto. My big worry is how many injury prone attacking players we seem to have compared to other clubs.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a feeling that the new boss will have a good clear-out of backroom staff and I wouldn't be surprised if he questions the players fitness.

Not just the backroom staff, there's still a lot of players that might need shifting too.

Bruno tried it by binning some very influential, long-serving players, but probably lost the other players as a result. Probably because he wasn't a big enough name to be doing it!

Players are less likely to question or show dissent towards the decisions of a man with a CV like Lopetegui's!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said it before but these injuries could be a massive opportunity for the likes of Chem Campbell and Tyler Roberts at some stage. Roberts was training with the first team this week.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Concern with injuries for me is look at Hwang, Raul and Adama. All have had recurring injuries since pre season. We seem to have a lot of injury prone players.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Really worried about this season. Just has the feeling of one of those where everything that could go wrong has/is. Look very short on established forward options with the unavailability for one reason or another of Raul, Neto, Fabio, Sasa and Hwang (and Adama about to become a free agent).

Regardless of Manager, a side is only ever really as good as its forward players.

Best wishes to Pedro for a full and speedy recovery.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're well stocked with wide players/wingers so don't think that really applies here.

None of them can score or create, so it hardly matters anyway. :( Might as well play some Under-23s. They can't do worse than "Wolves Nil".

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or is it that injuries become more serious when they keep getting played when not fully recovered from a previous minor injury?
I would add that may be they are not being prepared well enough due to an inexperienced team not getting the balance between burn out and building resilience right.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really worried about this season. Just has the feeling of one of those where everything that could go wrong has/is. Look very short on established forward options with the unavailability for one reason or another of Raul, Neto, Fabio, Sasa and Hwang (and Adama about to become a free agent). Regardless of Manager, a side is only ever really as good as its forward players.
I've got a feeling Costa and Adama are going to have a huge impact for us this season, especially if Lopetegui is our new manager. I'm not predicting a particular goal tally, but those two are going to be a nightmare for defenders.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gutted for him. One of my favourite players on his day.

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When was the last time Neto did anything. He's been MIA for ages now.

Beastier

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've been very critical of Neto's efforts this season but no way would I wish this on the lad. Hope he comes back strong and that we've learned not to rush him back.

Raises serious questions that both Neto and Kasa were allowed to play on for a while after pulling up with their injuries - unless our medical advisors are of the mind that you can run off serious ligament and cruciate injuries

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our attacking players are asked to do so much. Defend and attack . Where as our defenders and midfielders just defend. :)

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I cannot for the life of me understand how he stays on the pitch with that kind of injury. Lage and/or his team are imho partially responsible for our injury issues.
They broke kaledjic.....he wasn't ready to be chucked straight in....lage was desperate, he made a desperate descision...

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our attacking players are asked to do so much. Defend and attack . Where as our defenders and midfielders just defend. :)
Not as much as in Nunoball. Jota was asked to play level with the box and then break after him/Neves/ Moutinho won the ball back. We play 2 holding midfielders now, 2 centre backs, and sort of full backs..... That's normal isn't it?

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've been very critical of Neto's efforts this season but no way would I wish this on the lad. Hope he comes back strong and that we've learned not to rush him back.

Raises serious questions that both Neto and Kasa were allowed to play on for a while after pulling up with their injuries - unless our medical advisors are of the mind that you can run off serious ligament and cruciate injuries
Definitely sackable, very poor indeed. The look on neto's face when he was put back on was awful to see. He was not being looked after responsibly at all.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Not as much as in Nunoball. Jota was asked to play level with the box and then break after him/Neves/ Moutinho won the ball back. We play 2 holding midfielders now, 2 centre backs, and sort of full backs..... That's normal isn't it?
It's the very definition of a the 42 in a 4231 isn't it? Midfielders always have to do more work, wingers always have to work back, our FBs still get forward. I don't think there's anything very unusual about how we play in terms of work rate.

molinew

Reaction score
Really worried about this season. Just has the feeling of one of those where everything that could go wrong has/is. Look very short on established forward options with the unavailability for one reason or another of Raul, Neto, Fabio, Sasa and Hwang (and Adama about to become a free agent).

Regardless of Manager, a side is only ever really as good as its forward players.

Best wishes to Pedro for a full and speedy recovery.
Agreed. I've thought for a while that we look like we have the ingredients to become a side that is "to good to go down" that goes on a massive slide. Hopefully the issues in the dressing room are a step closer to being sorted, but we look short of both goals and leadership, which isn't promising.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gutted for Neto. He was a shoo-in for the Euros when Robinson did him, and after a really long lay off gets in to a side with no form, no belief in the head coach and said head coach sends him back on the pitch injured as his final parting before being sacked. Though he probably wouldn't have made the Portugal squad this time you've got to really feel for him with the timing of these injuries as much as anything else

Hopefully he can come back in the New Year with a head coach who has a clue and regain some of that form that made him one of the most exciting prospects in Europe, no reason why he can't in my opinion

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That is normal but surely not the way we play. Hwang and Neto are always playing deep and defensive. Remember Neto against Spurs and Hwangs last minute howler .

Back
Top Bottom