Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Neto

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I missed the first 25 ish minutes but saw the rest of the game.
Neto is coming in for a bit of stick, which I think is a bit ott. I think he looked better today.Not back to his best, but better. Beat his man or 2 men multiple times , a couple of decent crosses and some duds. I get what people say about playing him on the right, as he often runs into traffic on cutting in. I would like Lage to do what Nuno used to, and get the wingers to switch sides on occasion, and sometimes multiple times a match. I also think fluidity up top may help get more from Guedes as well.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I missed the first 25 ish minutes but saw the rest of the game.
Neto is coming in for a bit of stick, which I think is a bit ott. I think he looked better today.Not back to his best, but better. Beat his man or 2 men multiple times , a couple of decent crosses and some duds. I get what people say about playing him on the right, as he often runs into traffic on cutting in. I would like Lage to do what Nuno used to, and get the wingers to switch sides on occasion, and sometimes multiple times a match. I also think fluidity up top may help get more from Guedes as well.
He did ok but is being played out of position by Lage
Just swap him with Pod and it will be fine

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Thought he was dire, the effort was there but the quality seriously lacking. Two simple crosses for tap ins for Guedes he butchered and a very poor effort a top player should bury. Agree on switching sides more often though, vary it up.

How did he get beaten to the ball by their keeper though and he also bottled the challenge.

He's a concern for me at the moment to be honest

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Arsenal interest has definitely influenced him, he’ll make a **** pass and give daggers to his teammates, or not receive the ball and throw a mini strop, clearly he thinks he’s above his teammates at times. Needs to get over that and get back to the levels he showed before his injury.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Arsenal interest has definitely influenced him, he’ll make a **** pass and give daggers to his teammates, or not receive the ball and throw a mini strop, clearly he thinks he’s above his teammates at times. Needs to get over that and get back to the levels he showed before his injury.
This.

Petulant, selfish, wasteful and annoying at the moment.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Think he has been poor long before that interest tbh. Don't think he has the quality to play on the right

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For all the stick he is getting, it was shocking at spurs to be honest, Neto is still looking our most dangerous attacker or goal threat .....he has done a few things badly but it will come I reckon.....the team looked a bit more settled today at times and even Bruno did....I think they all gave 20% more....it might be a coincidence but I'm hoping the window shutting has settled everybody down....

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
Fortunately unlike people on here, the South Bank got 100% behind Neto today despite him having another off day. He got a few very noisey Pedro Neto songs and huge round of applause when he went off.

Looks a bit low on confidence but the best help for that when things aren't going your way is to have 5000 people singing your name.

Class player.

Pretty sure normal service will be resumed shortly.

Kcb92

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just short on confidence and is over compensating. I wouldn't start him against Liverpool but I'm not overly concerned.

we love jez moxey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be honest I think looked more angry with himself than anyone else. To see him after he got subbed on the touchline though, it was clear his heart is still here.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just put it out there? Has he got long lasting effects from a pretty bad injury? He was incredible those few months a couple of years back. I can't tell if he has lost pace or is he just regaining strength and confidence.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We know he can use his right foot so why doesn't he?

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Other than a brief spell at Anfield, he's been poor since coming back. He was always massively overrated by some, but he's mimicking a professional footballer at the moment.

He does get involved though. You rarely find him anonymous like Guedes has been since arriving.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He wanted the move, clear as daylight, sadly.

Don't doubt Arsenal will try again in the winter or Mendes will be informed to make it happen.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He did ok but is being played out of position by Lage
Just swap him with Pod and it will be fine
This in spades. He has delivers some OK crosses with his right foot but I can’t help thinking he would better served on the left. I can’t think why Bruno thinks otherwise it’s so basic. I know they’re pro footballers but anyone who has ever played will know how difficult it is to trust your weaker foot never mind get half decent crosses in with it. Very few players are truly two footed. Play him on the left Bruno ffs.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Worse end product than Adama at the mo… missing chances galore and spooning easy crosses.

It’ll come, but Pedro man, come on.

Reactions: Ian
D

Deleted member 8455jwf

This in spades. He has delivers some OK crosses with his right foot but I can’t help thinking he would better served on the left. I can’t think why Bruno thinks otherwise it’s so basic. I know they’re pro footballers but anyone who has ever played will know how difficult it is to trust your weaker foot never mind get half decent crosses in with it. Very few players are truly two footed. Play him on the left Bruno ffs.
It's because most of the best wide attacker's in the world play inverted. The idea is he cuts inside and the fullback or Nunes is the width. Problem is he is struggling to beat players on the inside and cross with his right when he does

WolfoftheWrekin

Reaction score
I think he linked up well with Nunes today maybe that is the thinking? However he is better than his product at the moment.

Reaction score
Something isn't quite right at the moment. He was always the brightest and bounciest personality on the pitch, playing with a grin and toying with defenders.
Maybe what was once done effortlessly, he's struggling to achieve? Seems to be as frustrated with himself as he is with teammates.
Agree with everyone else though, needs to play on the left for a few games at least to hopefully build his confidence up again.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's because most of the best wide attacker's in the world play inverted. The idea is he cuts inside and the fullback or Nunes is the width. Problem is he is struggling to beat players on the inside and cross with his right when he does
Maybe the worlds best do but sadly Neto is not (yet) one of the worlds best players. I’ve played the game and try as I might it’s ruddy hard to get your weaker foot to do what your strong one can. When he has to check back into his left he loses momentum and when he goes with his right it’s a bit hit and miss. We lose the fluid play with him on the right where he has to check back instead of bombing on confident in his left foot.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Maybe the worlds best do but sadly Neto is not (yet) one of the worlds best players. I’ve played the game and try as I might it’s ruddy hard to get your weaker foot to do what your strong one can. When he has to check back into his left he loses momentum and when he goes with his right it’s a bit hit and miss. We lose the fluid play with him on the right where he has to check back instead of bombing on confident in his left foot.
Yeah, he doesn't have the quality at the moment. Better to play him on the left and let Podence drop into space to pull strings

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Something isn't quite right at the moment. He was always the brightest and bounciest personality on the pitch, playing with a grin and toying with defenders.
Maybe what was once done effortlessly, he's struggling to achieve? Seems to be as frustrated with himself as he is with teammates.
Agree with everyone else though, needs to play on the left for a few games at least to hopefully build his confidence up again.
Probably because he's thinking too much playing on the right to just enjoy the game

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Other players get mad too... Jimenez did it all the ****ing time. No other forward runs back and defends like Neto though.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Adama had turned in some of the performances that he has in the opening weeks of the season then he would be getting absolute pelters.

Lightweight and extremely wasteful with the ball. Tries his best but shouldn't be in the starting XI at the moment, not up to it.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Other players get mad too... Jimenez did it all the ****ing time. No other forward runs back and defends like Neto though.
Tbf I criticised Guedes heavily but he does.

All of ours do actually, even Adama covered Jonny well when he came on. Hwang obviously does, sometimes to disastrous effect

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbf I criticised Guedes heavily but he does.

All of ours do actually, even Adama covered Jonny well when he came on. Hwang obviously does, sometimes to disastrous effect
I'm just saying that Neto doesn't stop. The rest take their breaks except Hwang.

Neto probably wastes a bit too much energy coming back sometimes.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh well, maybe I have just got used to seeing insipid rubbish week on week and my judgement is shot, but I think he looked a lot brighter today.

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Shouldn’t neto be on the left? He’s great with his weaker right footer but he keeps cutting inside.

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I believe he once said, prefers right wing, so can come inside and score goals...on his journey to be world best.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unfortunately, whether it is permanent or just a lingering on a little longer than everyone would have hoped - he has lost a yard of pace.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont think his performances have generally have been as poor as people are making out. He works his socks off, he's been disciplined in playing his role but his end product hasnt been good enough. I saw a comment before about him cutting inside onto his left but we arent asking him to play like that. We want our wide players getting down the outside now and putting crosses in, which is why its baffling to me that any manager would play a left footer on the right in that role.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has to go on the left

It’s madness that he’s been asked to play on the right and we are at our best when he takes the player on down the line onto the weaker foot

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely the idea of inverted wingers is for cutting in and having shots with their stronger foot. However our wide men still mostly go to the byline and cross (maybe defenders push them there) . I don’t think Neto seems particularly good at crossing with his right foot. I’d actually say Adama is better with his left than Neto is with his right!

Also think Neto looked to be tiring yesterday and should have been subbed sooner.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Played well once since coming back.

Playing way too wide.

First half terrible movement.

Teams crying out for runs in behind.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto’s work rate is fantastic. However his end product is awful something to work on

If Arsenal still want to offer 45/50m I’d take it and move on we can find better

As much as we love Neto sometimes you have to wheel and deal

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How did he get beaten to the ball by their keeper though and he also bottled the challenge.
Firstly he is coming back from a serious injury and may still be a little cautious.

Secondly we all saw what happened to Raul against DLS last season. That might make other players hesitant about going all in on a keeper in that situation.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would try a game of him on the left, podence on the right and Guedes playing centrally off of Kalajdzic like he did at Valencia

I think that might get the best out of all of them

Back
Top Bottom