Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Neto

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only surprise is that it's not even longer, really stupid tackle he tried that caused it at being injured won't help him retain his form / confidence from Lage sticking him out on the right wing.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So that's Sasa, Neto, Jimenez, Hwang all long term crocked, Costa not proper fit for a month, what a state we've managed to get ourselves into.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looked innocuous to me at the time. How long can our bad luck with injuries persist? Well at least gives a chance for Traore to stamp his authority on the team. Also as Guedes picks up steam and Costa beds in perhaps the new manager can pick a settled forward line? B Traore, Neves and Nunes looks a decent mf so all ready for lift off!

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looked innocuous to me at the time. How long can our bad luck with injuries persist? Well at least gives a chance for Traore to stamp his authority on the team. Also as Guedes picks up steam and Costa beds in perhaps the new manager can pick a settled forward line? B Traore, Neves and Nunes looks a decent mf so all ready for lift off!
We have had a bad few years, but we had an inordinately good few years before that so I suppose it evens itself out

Costa looks absolutely game ready - far more ready than I thought. Augurs well under a competent manager

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If its true, whoever decided Sasa and then Pedro went back on the pitch to try and run it off (If it wasnt Lage) needs sacking they are both out for large chunks of the season and those decisions would not have helped their injuries.
Tbf Sasa's wouldn't have mattered. If they've torn the ACL, nothing would really change that.

For Neto though.... absolutely plausible that it was worsened by the farce of the ensuing 5 minutes

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Neves comments could be taken differently to how they seem to be generally interpreted (which is that they were pointing at Bruno).

English is not his first language so that has to be taken on board.

"We need to make sure everyone goes on the same path"
"It is time to look to ourselves"
"If you don’t train like you play you will not be able to win enough games at the weekend"

When I read that, I think he was digging out players, not training like they should.
He has included himself in the terms (which a good leader would) and he is a player, not a manager or coach.

Whoever comes in as next manager, I for one hope they are more of a disciplinarian than Lage was because I get the feeling it's needed
I think hes saying more like the boys play well in training but dont do the same in the matches really

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope there is better news on Nunes, that looked problematic too.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbf Sasa's wouldn't have mattered. If they've torn the ACL, nothing would really change that.

For Neto though.... absolutely plausible that it was worsened by the farce of the ensuing 5 minutes
Nunes was hobbling around for a while as well. Assume he's ok?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope there is better news on Nunes, that looked problematic too.
Dropping like flies? Well at least Davis and Collins have first hand knowledge of potential replacements as they've been training them for a year or 2 now?!

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It looked to me after he had made the tackle the player stood on his ankle….could be wrong but that’s what thought. Maybe someone could find the incident
I remember that he was trod on, foot or ankle, not sure about that.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strained is better than ruptured?

Not great at all, but not the worst outcome?

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wishing him all the best must be an extremely frustrating/upsetting time for him with two serious injuries and now missing out on the World Cup aswell...

Serious questions need to he asked about the medical team and how we deal with these bad injuries as they should not be going back onto the pitch after they happen!!!
Anyone could see at the weekend Neto was not fit enough or happy to return....

What is going on?!

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hes still young, i hope the same doesnt happen to chiquinho on his return.

but neto may become a nearly man if he keeps getting injured

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's sad but he's not the same player that he looked likely of becoming. Had so much potential and was already a match winner, but has looked a shadow of his former self.

We're really lacking in firepower and actual goalscorers now aren't we?!

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I mean, if you have a broken leg then yeah you have a broken leg mate. But no matter how bad the injury, making someone go tap dancing on it is going to make it even worse still!

Sasa and Neto should have been off straight away. Said so on both occasions at the time, and the people responsible should be sacked, if they're still somehow inexplicably at the club!

I cannot for the life of me understand how he stays on the pitch with that kind of injury. Lage and/or his team are imho partially responsible for our injury issues.

There's always an element of luck, but the massive increase in injuries after Nuno left in my view is due to a severe lack of professionalism and competence from the medical and management staff.

When Nuno came in as well, I remember being very impressed by the thoroughness of warm up routines, which looked well above our opponents, and no doubt went a long way in avoiding injuries.

Reaction score
No one to blame but Neto himself, it was a weak silly attempt at a tackle that wasn’t needed. For me me he had shown a real lack of maturity in his game that he’d found before his first bad injury

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ah yes, one of our quarterly serious injuries. We've been expecting you. FFS.

DJLWolf

Reaction score
Obviously disappointing news, but not the end of the world.The truth is he's been woeful for a long time and ironically the tackle that he made was born out of pure frustration because he knows it too.

Costa/Adama/Podence should be the front 3 regardless of whether Neto was fit or not.

Back
Top Bottom