Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Neto

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No luck that lad.

If he fell into a barrel of breast he'd come out sucking his thumb

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You have to add him in with those numbers, there's no other choice

He's part of the first team squad in fairness and someone who's quite highly rated so don't think it's a case of "no other choice".

We had Adama, Neto, Podence, Hwang & Guedes all ahead of him. He's effectively 6th choice, would have probably been 7th if Chiq hadn't got injured pre-season. We're really not lacking depth in those wide areas.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Feel for the kid, another serious injury having only recently got back from one.

We’re on a horrific run of injuries lately. Neto’s not made a massive contribution this season but it’s one less option for the new manager for the time being.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Concern with injuries for me is look at Hwang, Raul and Adama. All have had recurring injuries since pre season. We seem to have a lot of injury prone players.
Possibly down to a head coach with no confidence in his squad players rushing them back early - see the Pod injection saga last season too.

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto would have known if could go back on or not. He’s the only one in pain. This notion of being “forced in to it” by Bruno is getting a bit daft now, though.

We have highly paid professionals to work with fitness and injuries … they, and the player would have decided it was worth a go on Sunday. Not Bruno.

If I’m Bruno, am I going to play my best players? Abso-bloody-lutely. If my physio says he’s not good to go, then I sub him.

Bruno would have (allegedly) worked on positioning, marking assignments, tactics with Neto for however long it was.. it’s understandable he would have wanted to persevere if possible.

Painting him (Bruno) as the next Harold Shipman or whatever because he was ultimately a cack head coach for us is just a nonsense in my view. :)

Reaction score
I appreciate you don't want to withdraw a player for every last niggle when often they'll be fine and run it off, but if we had a bigger squad the 5 subs rule would make it easy to protect players by withdrawing them whenever there is reasonable doubt. Doesn't paint a good picture, this and Kaladjic in space of 4-5 weeks both playing on then needing surgery.

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Painting him (Bruno) as the next Harold Shipman or whatever because he was ultimately a cack head coach for us is just a nonsense in my view. :)

We saw several examples of players who were signalling to go off the pitch, were put back on to the pitch, and then ultimately had severe injuries no doubt made worse by continuing to play them.

Why is Sasa going to signal to the bench he's injured and needs to come off, only to turn around and say "actually boss, I'm going to carry on". Especially when severely injured which jeopardises his career?

Players might try to tough it out. Those players don't tend to be the ones visibly in pain asking to be substituted.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's part of the first team squad in fairness and someone who's quite highly rated so don't think it's a case of "no other choice".

We had Adama, Neto, Podence, Hwang & Guedes all ahead of him. He's effectively 6th choice, would have probably been 7th if Chiq hadn't got injured pre-season. We're really not lacking depth in those wide areas.
Admittedly a poor choice of words. I liked his cameo last week!

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed. I've thought for a while that we look like we have the ingredients to become a side that is "to good to go down" that goes on a massive slide. Hopefully the issues in the dressing room are a step closer to being sorted, but we look short of both goals and leadership, which isn't promising.
Feels to me like the rest of the season will just be about damage limitation, trying to cobble enough points together to stay up and if somehow we manage that, we regather and rebuild for next season

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As per my other reply, I actually like the look of him. However our injury problems are what's driving his inclusion. I'd much prefer a fully fit and firing Neto.
Me too. But sometimes these unfortunate situations mean that someone who'd never have got a chance comes in and shows something. Hopefully this'll be one of those moments...

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raises serious questions that both Neto and Kasa were allowed to play on for a while after pulling up with their injuries - unless our medical advisors are of the mind that you can run off serious ligament and cruciate injuries
It happened with Neto vs. Fulham too, when he did his knee. Hwang vs. someone last season too iirc.

Back
Top Bottom