Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nathan Collins

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good pro for us, didn't ask to leave, refused to celebrate the goal, interacted with us in the SB several times and got nothing but applause from the three of us which he reciprocated at the end of the game. I've mentioned it before but the SB attracts a strange mix of imposters selling their season tickets (or not taking the cup tickets) and "new" football fans who are simply doing an impression of what they think a football supporter is. I knew the jig was up when we booed Robbie Keane playing for Villa and its just getting worse.

If they wore the shirt, gave their all and behaved like a pro then you've earned respect. If you act like a nob and celebrate like a prat with your fingers in your ears, you dont.
Well said !!

Nathan loved his time at Wolves and didn’t ask to leave

Reaction score
Good pro for us, didn't ask to leave, refused to celebrate the goal, interacted with us in the SB several times and got nothing but applause from the three of us which he reciprocated at the end of the game. I've mentioned it before but the SB attracts a strange mix of imposters selling their season tickets (or not taking the cup tickets) and "new" football fans who are simply doing an impression of what they think a football supporter is. I knew the jig was up when we booed Robbie Keane playing for Villa and its just getting worse.

If they wore the shirt, gave their all and behaved like a pro then you've earned respect. If you act like a nob and celebrate like a prat with your fingers in your ears, you dont.
Unfortunately, a proportion of Wolves fans have a history of showing a lack of respect to former players who have never done anything but give their best for the club. The worst example of this was back in the 80s when a few idiots were booing Derek Parkin when he played against us for Stoke at The Victoria Ground! The man is still our record appearance maker and a club legend!

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The £10m difference in the context of the summer we found ourselves in, may be huge, but I would take him over Santi Bueno in a heartbeat.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The £10m difference in the context of the summer we found ourselves in, may be huge, but I would take him over Santi Bueno in a heartbeat.
That for me too. He gets a lot of unwarranted stick for his ability but he rarely let us down and is still young and relatively inexperienced for a centre back. He’ll have a decent career in the premier league for years to come

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Collins scoring against Wolves after a 3 page thread in which we've all slagged him off.
Yeah I'm sure it's all they've been talking about on Brentford's training ground for weeks. They've been permanently refreshing the thread and displaying it on all their screens.

A player scoring against his former club isn't exactly something new is it?

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That for me too. He gets a lot of unwarranted stick for his ability but he rarely let us down and is still young and relatively inexperienced for a centre back. He’ll have a decent career in the premier league for years to come
Once we reverted back to a three, I really liked the idea of Collins-Dawson-Kilman.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I liked the bloke but come on, he clapped the fans a few times and was a bit part player for us. Hardly the messiah. I don’t think he will lose any sleep over some half-hearted pantomime boos because he scored.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, the booing from the South Bank yesterday I frankly was at a loss to understand.
To be fair he was ok, but I get why he left us, he is a typical big, agricultural Centre Half that boots it anywhere

He left because the manager got rid of him, Hobbs didn't want him to leave and Nathan didn't want to leave. He was a player who was always decent to the fans.

Last edited:

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought he was really good last night for them. I know that doesn't fit into the 'calamity' narrative but he looked assured throughout.

Not saying it was a mistake to sell but still
He can have the odd good game but he's still error ridden on the whole

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn't deserve booing, but I'm still surprised people can't see he isn't good enough to be a premier league defender. He is all over the shop, and never where he needs to be. Thanks for the attitude and effort, mate. Unfortunately that ain't all you need to be a top defender.
The lads 22 and played 60 premier league games, I’d say he is a premier league defender.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Once we reverted back to a three, I really liked the idea of Collins-Dawson-Kilman.
He made less mistakes than Kilman did last season but he got singled out as a calamity (purely due to the fee perhaps) when Kilman on the whole got a free ride.

I’ll defend Kilman though, he’s vastly improved under GON. Personally in the summer I thought we’d got rid of the wrong one. Though I will say that was Kilmans worse performance for a long time last night.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He made less mistakes than Kilman did last season but he got singled out as a calamity (purely due to the fee perhaps) when Kilman on the whole got a free ride.

I’ll defend Kilman though, he’s vastly improved under GON. Personally in the summer I thought we’d got rid of the wrong one. Though I will say that was Kilmans worse performance for a long time last night.
If West Ham really want to spend £40-50m on Kilman then we should be selling. He's definitely replaceable.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If West Ham really want to spend £40-50m on Kilman then we should be selling. He's definitely replaceable.
To use the old phrase “I’d drive him there myself”.

He’s improved massively under GON, but he still has his moments. Thought he was really poor last night. To the point of my own boredom I’ll say it again, he just isn’t aggressive enough for me. With his size he should absolutely physically dominate opposition forwards. Not saying he’s a better player and at times he’s OTT but he should like at Tarkowski at Everton and smash forwards about a bit. Could you imagine a young Diego Costa playing against Kilman he’d have destroyed him.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Booing seems to be commonplace now.

Remember being shocked at Wembley a couple of years ago when a lot of the crowd booed the Swiss national anthem and player announcements. It was a friendly.

Bizarre behavior.

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I sat behind him when he was banned for that kung-fu kick on Grealish and he was heading every ball from the stands. The players families were laughing at him he was that engrossed and passionate for the game.

Had a quick chat after the game and he was sound, really nice chap.

You could clearly see that yesterday, no arrogance just a young lad trying his best.

Best of luck to him.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did anyone on here boo him? Be interesting to know the thought process e.g. why you thought he deserved it

Reactions: Ned

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I said in the verdict thread, very strange behaviour whoever was booing him. Didn’t celebrate the goal, has never slagged the club off once, didn’t want to leave. Just seems a nice lad.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I said in the verdict thread, very strange behaviour whoever was booing him. Didn’t celebrate the goal, has never slagged the club off once, didn’t want to leave. Just seems a nice lad.
Must say, did also think it was odd.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Q
He's lost almost half those games, so I wouldn't.
That makes no sense. At the tender age of 22 he’s played over 65 games at that level for 3 different clubs. How many other centre backs have done that at his age? If Brentford got relegated this season someone else at this level would pick him up. He’s not France Baresi but to suggest he’s a championship player (a division he’s not played in since he was a boy) is wrong

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Brentford got relegated this season someone else at this level would pick him up.
I don't agree. I think it would be a case of 3rd defence in a row that has gone to **** since he's signed for them. Relegation with Burnley. We were bottom when he was playing regularly. Brentford used to be organised and now they look like a rabble.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't agree. I think it would be a case of 3rd defence in a row that has gone to **** since he's signed for them. Relegation with Burnley. We were bottom when he was playing regularly. Brentford used to be organised and now they look like a rabble.
Brentford are where they are because Toney has missed half a season.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder how different this thread would be if he'd scored the winner for Brentford last night, denying us the BCD

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder how different this thread would be if he'd scored the winner for Brentford last night, denying us the BCD

I imagine those that can think with reason would still be saying “Not a terrible player, tried his best for us, left on good terms. Shame our team didn’t have enough about them to fight for a chance to play in a BCD”.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Bueno is starting to look a bit of a player to me, and still only half a dozen games into his Wolves career. Played well last night

Remember what Toti looked like his first few games? On the ball anyway?

Shakey and nervous. Like anyone whose worked so incredibly hard for the opportunity would be I guess.

Bueno looked that way to me in his first couple games but he's settling into it and as you say, starting to look like a real player.

Monstrous in the air largely

Back
Top Bottom