Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nathan Collins

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funny Animals Donkey GIF by Storyful

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Delighted we won, so wanted him to struggle in a sense.

But don't take any joy from it because he played for us. Always gave his all, hugely respectful after leaving, full of praise to the fans.

Genuinely hope he has a good career and plays like that against us all the time, but don't think we should rub it in his face.
Completely agree.

Plenty of players you really want to see fail and Collins ain't remotely one of them

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely. I remember getting rinsed on here for saying he's a donkey

I remember being derided for saying he didn't look comfortable on the ball after his first few matches for us. I do feel a bit sorry for him, though. He seems a decent hard working player, he just can't seem to get rid of this glaring weakness from his game.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember being derided for saying he didn't look comfortable on the ball after his first few matches for us. I do feel a bit sorry for him, though. He seems a decent hard working player, he just can't seem to get rid of this glaring weakness from his game.
Championship CB, he'll have a tidy career and earn some decent money but that's all he is.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He never was good enough when we signed him from a relegated side . Mistake prone defender that lacks pace , not sure how people thought he would improve.

As I said on another thread people may knock Killman and Toti but they have been linked with Chelsea and Napoli and Madrid . Collins I very much doubt will be linked with similar. As he is behind those two in ability for me .

Last edited:

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has had a good season to date.. but I can’t wait to rub it in my local Brentford fans “we don’t buy bad players” face.. he said we would go down at start of the season and his pure arrogance miffed me.

Here’s to you chubby Brentford man.

Last edited:

DJLWolf

Reaction score
Lost count of the amount of times I said this lad wasn't up to the grade on here last season and got slated.

So glad his mistakes helped us get 3 points tonight and the boys took advantage.

KnowNuttin

Reaction score
Seems a nice lad, but so's our Keith and he'll never be a top level defender either. The amount of unfathomable howlers he drops is too many for it to be 'one of those things'. It's part of his make up and a top level side can't be having that.
Fair play to our money bods for making a profit on him.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel like every time I’ve ever sat and watched him play he’s been dreadful. Back in the summer before we sold him, I suggested we should loan him to the champ. He was so bad in that 5-0 at Arsenal it was embarrassing. Looked miles off

Remember when we signed him there was an article knock around comparing him to De Ligt lmao

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Comment on the guardian match report (and he's been similar for brentford):

I'm afraid Nathan Collins has got some really bad mistakes in him at crucial times. When we (Burnley) played Newcastle at home in the last game of the 21/22 season we needed to win to guarantee our Premier League status. After 20 minutes Collins inexplicably stuck his hand in the air to push the ball away when under no pressure whatsoever. Wilson scored the resulting penalty and we never recovered and lost the game 2-1 meaning we were relegated instead of Leeds. He plays really well and then does something completely stupid. Brentford are missing Ben Mee, who is a brilliant defender - we need him back!

Chuck Murray

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Never rated him when he was here, thought he was just another Stearman. Seems Lopetegui was bang on not trusting him.
One of Julen's first moves to steady last year's slumping side, and it worked a charm, didn't it?

No need to rip Stearman with the Collins comparison, he never screwed up as often as young Nathan has ...

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should never play for a ‘high line’ defensive team. Has a strangely very poor turn off pace.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought we played well in spells but Collins was our best player, two wonderful assists
Look at his marking for our first goal as well.

He was closest to Lemina when the cross came in and never moved.

Absolutely shocking night for him!

dougandiehard

Reaction score
I feel for him having such a poor game but whenever I watched him he had at least one serious mistake in him per game so I was relieved to see him him leave for £23m.

A true analysis would fault him for all four goals; two poor passes, missing the cross from which Lemina scored and an aimless punt forward which Toti headed back to Chan.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Felt sorry for him last night to be honest.
A few have said that. I don’t personally. Most premier league players have a truly duff game at some point, but usually they are in isolation and bounce back - unless they’re not very good at what is expected of them. Nothing against him tbh, he just isn’t very good and we did well to make a profit on his signature. I’m sure his tens of thousands of pounds per week wages will allow him to bury the memory of this game.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Almost like he was trying too hard. Usually our ex-players turn up against us and become Messi for 90 minutes, Collins was just messy.

Got nothing against him, always tried his best for us, but we did the right thing in cashing in for a profit.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel for him having such a poor game but whenever I watched him he had at least one serious mistake in him per game so I was relieved to see him him leave for £23m.

A true analysis would fault him for all four goals; two poor passes, missing the cross from which Lemina scored and an aimless punt forward which Toti headed back to Chan.
You would think he is aware of his mistakes and learn from them.

That doesn’t seem to happen though, does it, even though he is an established international and has played enough Premier League football.

I do feel sorry for him, but he is young enough to get better.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Felt sorry for him last night to be honest.
I really did too mate. Some ex players I couldn't give a **** about and want to see them play poorly e.g. Nunes, MGW etc. However, Collins always came across as a top bloke and always gave 100% (regardless of his mistakes in games). I do hope he bounces back from this.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Almost like he was trying too hard. Usually our ex-players turn up against us and become Messi for 90 minutes, Collins was just messy.

Got nothing against him, always tried his best for us, but we did the right thing in cashing in for a profit.
You're right; usually ex players or those who haven't scored in 100 games seem to be our kryptonite!

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agree with you Jade.

We replaced him with Dawson and Santi (he’s looking good) and had £10million left in the bank.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At Arsenal away last season Lop brought him back in and within 2 minutes he’d let a ball run through into the penalty area and had no idea whatsoever that Trossard was waiting right behind him to pick it up. It was one of the dopiest pieces of defending you’ll ever see, from a bloke who you might have thought would have been up for it and on it from minute one? It didn’t improve much from there. Realised at that point he was probably never going to end up being a colossus for us. Agree with those saying he’s a decent lad though etc, and I hope he goes on to iron the mistakes out of his game and have a top career.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just reflecting this morning and I’m struggling to remember a worse display by anyone at centre back. Jesus Vallejo against Chelsea was a bad one but this was different gravy.

I actually think he gave us 3 goals as that ball out for Toti to head to Hwang was horrendous too.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Delighted we won, so wanted him to struggle in a sense.

But don't take any joy from it because he played for us. Always gave his all, hugely respectful after leaving, full of praise to the fans.

Genuinely hope he has a good career and plays like that against us all the time, but don't think we should rub it in his face.
It must be the season of goodwill lol but I agree with every word of this.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Brentford supporting mate says he has been really good for them up until his injury. Thought he started well for us last year but never really got a long run of games after his suspension against City (understandably given how well Dawson and Kilman did).

Still very young and has a lot of very good attributes. Obviously needs to eliminate those brain fade moments but that will come with experience.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks comfortable in a back 5 when I’ve seen him there for Brentford.

But never looked comfortable in a back 4 for us, nor did he for Brentford last night.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks comfortable in a back 5 when I’ve seen him there for Brentford.

But never looked comfortable in a back 4 for us, nor did he for Brentford last night.
Always thought he would be better right back (pulis style) or striker where his lack of confidence on the ball is not so noticeable. He can attack the ball quite well. Just not a defender at premier league level unfortunately. Danny Batth mark 2.0

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He wasn't particularly good for us, but at the same time he didn't actually play any worse than Kilman did pre-JL. In the end Dawson rescued us by splitting up that awful partnership.

Terrible planning by Lage and Sellars to stick together two young, slow, physically unimposing centre-backs and little wonder that we struggled so badly.

I have always wondered what lead Brentford to sign him though - and not cheaply either. I was under the impression that they were one of those clubs solely guided by metrics in the transfer market. The stats for Collins surely cannot have been good though... or was this a matter of statistics painting a fully different picture to what anyone actually regularly watching him would have said?

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst I don't dispute it as I don't know him personally, is the 'seems a top bloke' angle coming from him saying he didn't want to leave? Because if I recall correctly there were a few on here who said they'd met him or knew him and he was a bit billy big *******s.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst I don't dispute it as I don't know him personally, is the 'seems a top bloke' angle coming from him saying he didn't want to leave? Because if I recall correctly there were a few on here who said they'd met him or knew him and he was a bit billy big *******s.
You might be confusing him with Ryan Bennett (I’ve met him and he’s a complete ****), I’ve never seen anything bad about Collins attitude.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You might be confusing him with Ryan Bennett (I’ve met him and he’s a complete ****), I’ve never seen anything bad about Collins attitude.
Kev Doyle, Dave Jones the midfielder, and Ryan Bennett yes probably the most arrogant players Iv met also. Like they see us fans as peasants, no conversation. Just didn’t like interacting really. Fine but at least try and fake it surely

Hahnemann and Matt Murray on the other hand lovely blokes, so was Surman

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me it was his attention to detail in terms of always making time to clap the fans when others didn't, how he came across in interviews and just hearing how he was around the training ground. Although we don't personally know these players I feel fans are very good at picking up their vibe e.g. we all knew Guedes was a **** as soon as he started playing for us.

Back
Top Bottom