Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

MoTD tonight

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Saw that this morning. It's the clearest penalty you'll ever see with the clearest evidence you'll ever see. I can give the referee the benefit of the doubt for maybe not seeing it, but how can VAR not overturn that decision? Fortunately, from Forest's point of view it didn't chance the overall result if the game.
Yes, it's just perfect for what VAR was intended for, easy to miss when you're looking for some other contact, but clear as day once you look at it. Obvious error, overrule, penalty. I feel like they've now become so determined not to use VAR to avoid the weekly farce, that they've pretty much stopped using it, even when they should (at least until it's finally binned off). Did a single decision get overturned beyond offsides yesterday?

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Yes, it's just perfect for what VAR was intended for, easy to miss when you're looking for some other contact, but clear as day once you look at it. Obvious error, overrule, penalty. I feel like they've now become so determined not to use VAR to avoid the weekly farce, that they've pretty much stopped using it, even when they should (at least until it's finally binned off). Did a single decision get overturned beyond offsides yesterday?
I guess the Newcastle penalty for shirt pulling was overturned (in favour of a penalty) but that was dodgy because of the convoluted rules for what is and isn't offside.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even worse than "best promoted team ever" Bielsa's Leeds! And as bad as the next "best promoted team ever" Daniel Farke's Norwich.

Clough's Forest must be up there as possibly the real best promoted team ever. However, on the finishing positions in the first 2 seasons back, Nuno's Wolves are surely the best promoted team this century. We all knew that, though, didn't we? :D
Let’s not forget that Cloughs Forest only got promoted because we beat Bolton, they would have no history at all without us.

thetwistedsock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s the inconsistency that I can’t really get my head round. The penalty that I think Man City could have had yesterday, pretty much the same thing happened last week at Luton and it was given. I get that we’re never gonna get perfect consistency but it’s still really annoying when two very similar incidents happen two weekends apart and it’s a difference decision.
Offside decisions are objective but penalties and even fouls reviewed by VAR are subjective, this needs to change somehow.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How bad are “the best promoted team ever” Burnley?!
Arteta was telling everybody before the game yesterday that Kompany was a brilliant coach and had a special aura.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Arteta was telling everybody before the game yesterday that Kompany was a brilliant coach and had a special aura.

One of those managers who often praises opponents after they've thrashed them! "They played football the right way". I much prefer playing football the wrong way and making life miserable for the Big 6. Like how Nuno did. And it used to be hilarious to hear Wengere fuming after being held by the likes of Pulis Stoke.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did Kompany's time as a player at Citeh overlap with Captain Black's time as Pep's assistant? I think that it did.....

Captain Black was indeed Pep's assistant at Citeh from 2016 to 2019 so yes he and the most protected Head Coach ( Kompany ) from media criticism in recent memory were both at The Etihad together for a period.

Last edited:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Captain Black was indeed Pep's assistant at Citeh from 2016 to 2019 so yes he and the most protected Head Coach from media criticism in recent memory were both at The Etihad together for a period.
The reason l asked is that l think that Kompany was also there for at least part of that time.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same, proper Wolves invasion, coaches still arriving after kick off, and talking about kick off it did all over the place.
During the pitch invasion at the end a Wolves fan grabbed the corner flag and went running towards the Bolton end with it. It gave me an idea to do the same thing in the Centenary Match against City at Molineux a couple of days later. I had to tell my mum that the groundsman was giving the corner flag poles away at the end of the season.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fantastic away trip, even better in Blackpool after :)
The previous away trip to Plymouth was also memorable for the celebratory occasion (securing promotion). Wolves fans accosted some football pitches on the way to the ground and held an impromptu match.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adama Traore and Morgan Gibbs White showing us their class tonight
lol - Adama outran Harry Maguire in the 95th minute ( pretty sure I’d have a half decent chance of doing that) followed by a crap pass to Iwobi, which took him out of his stride.
Fortunately it allowed him to cut back and slot it in. But let’s not dress it up as a great assist, it was a very poor pass that happened to work out.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The previous away trip to Plymouth was also memorable for the celebratory occasion (securing promotion). Wolves fans accosted some football pitches on the way to the ground and held an impromptu match.
All the way to Plymouth by train on a special, happy days

Was this our last football special ?

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Remember that well

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

There is also a pitch and put golf course on Central Park where Plymouth's Home Park is situated. Back in the 70s those Chelsea morons rampaged over it. A work mate of my Dad was having a game with his lads before heading off to the game, some Chelsea scumbag 'bravely ' tried nicking one of his kid's Argyle scarf. He left Plymouth with a badly bruised shin after Dad's mate connected with a superb blow from a seven iron !!

Reaction score
After all the matches this season when I wish I'd seen us get more coverage through a higher billing, of course we're the only ones on tonight. MOTD producers currently scraping the barrel to find enough to talk about. Maybe the Astropay will get a feature? The Guardian's headline says it all!

Screenshot 2024-02-25 at 19.02.51.png

Rowzed

Reaction score
Game looked better on MOTD tonight than it felt at Molineux, edited out almost all the rubbish.
Brewster caused a few problems considering first start in 4months.

Back
Top Bottom