Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

MoTD tonight

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thoroughly enjoyed our segment tonight. Nice to see our reputation for boring low scoring football has been buried this season. I mean, we’ve already scored 6 more than the whole of last season, and there’s still 40% of a season left. Keeping scoring at this rate until the end, and we will score 60 goals, which is more than any season since promotion.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We looked superb. Some very intelligent analysis from Shay Given and loads of compliments for a change, and completely deserved. We are in for a very exciting last 15 games. I repeat what I said a week or more ago: carry on like this and 60 points is perfectly possible. Tough but doable with this scintillating attacking football if we can keep it going. And the Cup? We are in with a real chance, just need a bit of luck.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thoroughly enjoyed our segment tonight. Nice to see our reputation for boring low scoring football has been buried this season. I mean, we’ve already scored 6 more than the whole of last season, and there’s still 40% of a season left. Keeping scoring at this rate until the end, and we will score 60 goals, which is more than any season since promotion.
We scored more at Stamford Bridge today than in our last NINE visits combined.

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tonight Show Waiting GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Henry Hill

Reaction score
Contrast this to Andy "bad loser" Jacobs on Talksport who's suggested Chuna's hatrick wasn't a proper hatrick as "two" of the goals were deflected and that we were below Chelsea (before Saturday) as "Wolves aren't very good". I've listened to H & J since the beginning, but this guy is not only becoming delusional, but utterley disrespectful. Time for a change me thinks.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Contrast this to Andy "bad loser" Jacobs on Talksport who's suggested Chuna's hatrick wasn't a proper hatrick as "two" of the goals were deflected and that we were below Chelsea (before Saturday) as "Wolves aren't very good". I've listened to H & J since the beginning, but this guy is not only becoming delusional, but utterley disrespectful. Time for a change me thinks.

Yes he's a right ****er

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Time for him to get a smack, me thinks.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Unfortunately he’s part of a growing trend in broadcasters pandering to partisan presenters in a slightly pathetic attempt to mirror the growth in YouTube fan channels. Sky Sports allow Carragher to moan about Arsenal “over celebrating” when Klopp is famous for his OTT celebrations. Neville and his incessant moans about his beloved Man Utd. BBC, with MOTD’s overt partisan presenters. etc. It can be entertaining unless it’s your team who’s playing one of these idiot’s team, in which case you get no praise in victory, and no comment in defeat.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unfortunately he’s part of a growing trend in broadcasters pandering to partisan presenters in a slightly pathetic attempt to mirror the growth in YouTube fan channels. Sky Sports allow Carragher to moan about Arsenal “over celebrating” when Klopp is famous for his OTT celebrations. Neville and his incessant moans about his beloved Man Utd. BBC, with MOTD’s overt partisan presenters. etc. It can be entertaining unless it’s your team who’s playing one of these idiot’s team, in which case you get no praise in victory, and no comment in defeat.
The attention we're getting of late is very unusual. I normally tune in to a foreign broadcast that focuses on the teams about to play as TNT and Sky's build-ups are normally a hours dissection of the United/Liverpool result played in the days previous.

We normally get next to no coverage whatsoever on UK television. USA network always talk in depth about the clubs about to play, very much mirroring the US sports coverage where if a couple of no-hopers are facing off, the pregame show is showcasing a couple of no-hopers with little talk of what's happening elsewhere.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The attention we're getting of late is very unusual. I normally tune in to a foreign broadcast that focuses on the teams about to play as TNT and Sky's build-ups are normally a hours dissection of the United/Liverpool result played in the days previous.

We normally get next to no coverage whatsoever on UK television. USA network always talk in depth about the clubs about to play, very much mirroring the US sports coverage where if a couple of no-hopers are facing off, the pregame show is showcasing a couple of no-hopers with little talk of what's happening elsewhere.
This is the way it should be!! It ****es me off so much tuning in for our game, and then hearing how another team totally unrelated to the match is doing.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That’s what happens when you win games, score goals and are entertaining.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s what happens when you win games, score goals and are entertaining.
There's no logic to that. When United were the best team in England/Europe/The World they were central to all coverage whether they were playing or not... The same can be said for when they've (relatively speaking) been a car crash.

Also when Wolves were taking the plaudits under Nuno, Sky always managed to talk about Liverpool at length before squeezing in some Wolves news shortly before any game we were involved in.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's no logic to that. When United were the best team in England/Europe/The World they were central to all coverage whether they were playing or not... The same can be said for when they've (relatively speaking) been a car crash.

Also when Wolves were taking the plaudits under Nuno, Sky always managed to talk about Liverpool at length before squeezing in some Wolves news shortly before any game we were involved in.

There’s loads of logic to it Bill, and please bear in mind I absolutely hate Man Utd.

Manchester United are one of the biggest clubs in the world. We aren’t. They generate massive interest. When they are doing well, it’s big news, when they do badly it’s even bigger news.

The only way we will get media attention is by playing well, scoring goals and beating the big clubs which, thanks to Gaz and the boys, we are doing. Same under Nuno, got loads of praise on MOTD, Sky etc, but in the great scheme of things, Wolves finishing 7th is never going to get the attention the big clubs do for challenging for titles etc.

I honestly don’t know why folk get so worked up about it to be honest.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s loads of logic to it Bill, and please bear in mind I absolutely hate Man Utd.

Manchester United are one of the biggest clubs in the world. We aren’t. They generate massive interest. When they are doing well, it’s big news, when they do badly it’s even bigger news.

The only way we will get media attention is by playing well, scoring goals and beating the big clubs which, thanks to Gaz and the boys, we are doing. Same under Nuno, got loads of praise on MOTD, Sky etc, but in the great scheme of things, Wolves finishing 7th is never going to get the attention the big clubs do for challenging for titles etc.

For me the pre match coverage of the game should be about the teams involved, not others. I don't get worked up about it, but I just don't turn on till 5 minutes before the game as that's about the time they first mention us!

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me the pre match coverage of the game should be about the teams involved, not others. I don't get worked up about it, but I just don't turn on till 5 minutes before the game as that's about the time they first mention us!
People (not necessarily you) are making the modern mistake of calling it "pre-match coverage" as if it was time solely dedicated to the match about to be broadcast. The time before the game is for the sports broadcaster and their talking heads to talk about the sport and recent goings on. It is rarely a dedicated segment of time for discussing, exclusively, what is about to unfold (Amazon do do this but virtually nobody else in the UK does it regularly).

Watch the hour or so before games with that mindset and your whole life will suddenly seem so much less stressful.

:cool: ;)

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I understand why the broadcasters love to circle jerk over the likes of United and Liverpool, I think it's misplaced though.

How many big club fans are tuning in to Wolves v Palace? It's ****ing frustrating. The preamble should be primarily about the clubs involved regardless of previous performance..

If the clubs involved are poor and there's a lack of highlights to concentrate on, then talk about the lowlights. In depth analysis of how bad the two teams involved are would be far more pertinent than talking yet again about clubs whom no one has switched the TV on to see is.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People (not necessarily you) are making the modern mistake of calling it "pre-match coverage" as if it was time solely dedicated to the match about to be broadcast. The time before the game is for the sports broadcaster and their talking heads to talk about the sport and recent goings on. It is rarely a dedicated segment of time for discussing, exclusively, what is about to unfold (Amazon do do this but virtually nobody else in the UK does it regularly).

Watch the hour or so before games with that mindset and your whole life will suddenly seem so much less stressful.

:cool: ;)
Yet when you're watching Man City v Liverpool, they don't dedicate 30 minutes to Burnley or Fulham. The preamble is ALL about the coming match.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seriously though that’s the best way to do it. Baffles me on here that the same posters moan over and over about pre match coverage yet seem to continue to watch it!

The only game Iv watched pre match coverage on recently was Ipswich v Maidstone and it was actually pretty good.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seriously though that’s the best way to do it. Baffles me on here that the same posters moan over and over about pre match coverage yet seem to continue to watch it!

The only game Iv watched pre match coverage on recently was Ipswich v Maidstone and it was actually pretty good.
In general l agree. It was worth doing for that game as l knew precious little about either team's current squads etc.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Pre-match coverage of our FA Cup match against Albion on ITV was really great. Some history around the fixture, lots of highlights from previous games, analysis of how the season was going for both teams, interviews with players and both managers, as well as some old boys. Liverpool were on afterwards, on the weekend that it was revealed Klopp was resigning, but not a pip on that game. All Albion and Wolves. Been underwhelmed by ITV in the past, but it was top notch.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pre-match coverage of our FA Cup match against Albion on ITV was really great. Some history around the fixture, lots of highlights from previous games, analysis of how the season was going for both teams, interviews with players and both managers, as well as some old boys. Liverpool were on afterwards, on the weekend that it was revealed Klopp was resigning, but not a pip on that game. All Albion and Wolves. Been underwhelmed by ITV in the past, but it was top notch.
Yes, that is very true. It was such a surprise to see ... and then the delayed finish meant that they couldn't really spaff off about Klopp before the Liverpool game kicked off.

So it was double bubble :D

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I normally tune in just before kick off and then mute the sound.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I for one don't watch it as I've already alluded to, I tune in to a foreign broadcast!

I initially put sky on in the hope they're actually gonna talk about my team who are playing in an hours time. I immediately switch over to a US, Asian or South African broadcast though.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hear people say this, it’s cracks me up. Do you honestly sit and watch a football match in silence??
I often do it when it's an option from the broadcaster. For whatever reason an early AFCON match I watched had no commentary as an option - it was brilliant, would have been better if there was a crowd in stadium though.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I understand why the broadcasters love to circle jerk over the likes of United and Liverpool, I think it's misplaced though.

How many big club fans are tuning in to Wolves v Palace? It's ****ing frustrating. The preamble should be primarily about the clubs involved regardless of previous performance..

If the clubs involved are poor and there's a lack of highlights to concentrate on, then talk about the lowlights. In depth analysis of how bad the two teams involved are would be far more pertinent than talking yet again about clubs whom no one has switched the TV on to see is.
To be honest I think you’re exaggerating.

As far as Iv seen the “preamble” is primarily about the clubs involved. I don’t think it’s true that if Fulham are playing Villa that sky will talk about Man Utd or Liverpool for an hour beforehand.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hear people say this, it’s cracks me up. Do you honestly sit and watch a football match in silence??
Only for away games and mainly for foreign language commentators. To be honest, I normally turn the sound right down but not off altogether. I quite often do this for English commentary too. The commentators and pundits just wind me right up.

Home games… I’m at Molineux :)

Back
Top Bottom