Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

MoTD tonight

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, give them their due, Shearer and Murphy called out the ridiculous refereeing and VAR decisions of this afternoon for what they were, the Lemina sending off, the goal that Brentford scored against Arsenal and, probably worst of the lot, the blatant handball by W Ham against Chelsea. New depths have been plumbed in inconsistency and utter incompetence. But Shearer and Murphy in particular have been relentless in calling it out. I salute them. Carry on doing it chaps and carry on naming names -- Swarbrick and Mason tonight. And Swarbrick is the Head of VAR!! God help us.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Referees shouldn't be on VAR. It should be neutral experts in the laws of the game who are skilled in using technology. Allowing retired hacks like Dean and Mason to go and sit in a studio for extra money is doomed to produce dreadful results.

ToastedWanderer

Groupie
Reaction score
Called out the bad sending off, but said at least it didn't affect the result. It affects our next game though..

Some shocking officiating today, a product of old refs not being put out to pasture. Their golden handshake can't come soon enough..

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I've not watched it tonight but will do tomorrow. But from what I've read, someone please explain how this is fair and competent refereeing. There's an agenda here. You certainly can't call it out as the cartel will target you.
An absolute ****ing disgrace.

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, give them their due, Shearer and Murphy called out the ridiculous refereeing and VAR decisions of this afternoon for what they were, the Lemina sending off, the goal that Brentford scored against Arsenal and, probably worst of the lot, the blatant handball by W Ham against Chelsea. New depths have been plumbed in inconsistency and utter incompetence. But Shearer and Murphy in particular have been relentless in calling it out. I salute them. Carry on doing it chaps and carry on naming names -- Swarbrick and Mason tonight. And Swarbrick is the Head of VAR!! God help us.
The Brighton disallowed goal where they drew lines on the Palace defender as the last man when he had a teammate behind him is just completely bewildering.
I will give Danny Murphy some credit as he called out the Lemina sending off for what it was.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What amazes me, is that Joe Public can probably call the correct decision 95% (if not more) of the time. Yet these so called experts get it wrong, what seems like 50% of the time. What are they seeing?

If VAR isn’t being used to make the right call, then what’s the point? Over a season you will probably get the same amount of calls for and against without it, so get rid.

Every goal we score now, I am looking at the reaction of the players and staff to see if they are celebrating or looking over their shoulder. After 30 seconds, even if it’s good news, that euphoric moment has past, the ecstasy of that moment is subdued, Totally taken the best moment out of the game.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Referees shouldn't be on VAR. It should be neutral experts in the laws of the game who are skilled in using technology. Allowing retired hacks like Dean and Mason to go and sit in a studio for extra money is doomed to produce dreadful results.
It should just be sacked off. It doesn't make the game fairer, which was the only reason it was introduced.

It's also a ****ing kill joy, let's get back to a goal meaning a goal.

I'm quite excited, it seems there's a momentum gathering that understands that it's toxic, and needs to be binned. **** VAR.

we love jez moxey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did anyone spot the lad (looked about 8) sat on his dads shoulders flicking the bird to the home fans after our goal. A proud moment for his dad I reckon, your kid looking like a **** head in training on national TV.
I know it doesn't look great, but his dad is one of my oldest friends. I think his son got a bit over exited!

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did anyone spot the lad (looked about 8) sat on his dads shoulders flicking the bird to the home fans after our goal. A proud moment for his dad I reckon, your kid looking like a **** head in training on national TV.
I can't speak for his dad, but I was proud of him. Proud that those who wish to completely sanitize our game have not yet won.

Flick those birds son, and let's hope you joined in with some unsavoury songs too.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Glad the highlights also showed Lemina’s first booking and Semedo’s yellow, neither of which were bookings. Semedo’s wasn’t even a foul.

I know people get bored of some of us talking about corruption, but you can’t watch that referee first half and not think he’s up to something. He was literally finding any reason at all to show yellow cards to Wolves players. I think when things like that are happening you have to think it goes past being just bad refereeing.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Brighton disallowed goal where they drew lines on the Palace defender as the last man when he had a teammate behind him is just completely bewildering.
I will give Danny Murphy some credit as he called out the Lemina sending off for what it was.
I had gone to bed before that game! Add that to the list. That's four ridiculous decisions yesterday.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Glad the highlights also showed Lemina’s first booking and Semedo’s yellow, neither of which were bookings. Semedo’s wasn’t even a foul.

I know people get bored of some of us talking about corruption, but you can’t watch that referee first half and not think he’s up to something. He was literally finding any reason at all to show yellow cards to Wolves players. I think when things like that are happening you have to think it goes past being just bad refereeing.
Che Adam’s dive at the end too. He literally hasn’t touched him. So he’s not seen a foul or contact - absolute fraud

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Did he give any yellows at all in the 2nd half, after dishing out 6 in the 1st half?Either he decided he'd "done the job" on Wolves or somebody told him to tone it down a bit. Fortunately we are made of sterner stuff.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Booked Neto for celebrating with the lads after our 2nd
What I have learned about the ref….

He is the kind of bloke who licks his finger while flipping a page, on an iPad.

He is the kind of bloke who trips over a wireless controller

He is the kind of bloke who wears Crocs with socks - which being Australian is a crime!!!

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It does make you wonder. Especially in the days of being able to bet on so many different parts of the game.

There is corruption within every profession and those where large monetary gains are to be had, in exchange for “favours” are going to be the worst.

We know it goes on but when you are seeing it week in week out, with your own eyes, it makes you wonder just how far it is going.

When you have the likes of Blatter and Platini, doing it at the top, we’d have to be very naive to think plenty of others aren’t having a slice of the pie.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The pundits on MOTD were very good and gave honest assessments. Murphy used the word incompetence regarding the Brentford goal. Strong language, but spot on.

I thought Howard Webb was going to change things. After today’s comedy of errors in a few games, I eagerly await PGMOL issuing a statement today clarifying some of the decisions.

I shan’t hold my breath!

GV Wolf

Reaction score
The season before VAR started I remember the so called experts saying that one of the main points for VAR was that we would be talking less about the referees decisions and more about the football. Yeah, that worked.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Clear and obvious

The game has been made forensically examined
Forensically examined by people who need to wear armbands when they eat soup……

Their incompetence knows zero bounds.

I don’t understand who people who are grossly incompetent when in the middle and making a bucket load of mistakes are either; still in jobs and then being the judge and jury in the video room….

Only football can be this moronic

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forensically examined by people who need to wear armbands when they eat soup……

Their incompetence knows zero bounds.

I don’t understand who people who are grossly incompetent when in the middle and making a bucket load of mistakes are either; still in jobs and then being the judge and jury in the video room….

Only football can be this moronic
I think it’s corruption. How many opportunities did they try and stop us winning yesterday

Red card, free kicks at the end. Thankfully our skill and hard work prevailed the agenda against us

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It does make you wonder. Especially in the days of being able to bet on so many different parts of the game.

There is corruption within every profession and those where large monetary gains are to be had, in exchange for “favours” are going to be the worst.

We know it goes on but when you are seeing it week in week out, with your own eyes, it makes you wonder just how far it is going.

When you have the likes of Blatter and Platini, doing it at the top, we’d have to be very naive to think plenty of others aren’t having a slice of the pie.

For me that first half ref performance was the first time I actually thought something suspicious was going on (such as ref getting a backhander) as opposed to pure incompetence on other bad decisions I’ve seen.
The Lemina second yellow is the weirdest booking I can remember in all my years watching football.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They don't get it wrong in rugby ....who mans there cameras ? Current officials?? Past refs? Players??
Puts football to shame, and its shown on the screens

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Yes too true I was there and couldn’t understand some of the decisions. The more you watch Mario’s 2nd yellow the worse it gets.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watched that again and didn’t take much notice when watching yesterday but I agree I am surprised he didn’t ether.
Apart from a couple of people on here, no one has mentioned this. Even the Southampton players involved didn't appeal so there can't have been much, if anything, in it.

Sutton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've not watched it tonight but will do tomorrow. But from what I've read, someone please explain how this is fair and competent refereeing. There's an agenda here. You certainly can't call it out as the cartel will target you.
An absolute ****ing disgrace.
Strange or is it that of the three players that approached the ref only only one was already on a yellow so that’s why he was picked so there was most obviously an agenda.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watching MOTD and looking at the analysis of the 2nd half the amount of times we had 3 players in the box was virtually every clip they showed. This is with 10 men. We barley had 1 with 11 pre JL man is a god.
Yeah, nice stats and such in the analysis last night.
It was obvious we played well 2nd half, but to have all the numbers proving we comprehensively outplayed them in every aspect while a man down, that’s a performance to be proud of.
Lopetegui affects games. No idea when the last time was that we had a manager that consistently made performance improving changes.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I've suggested this before, have PGMOL ref the game on the pitch, have a totally separate organisation formed to referee from VAR, no conflict of interest then and backing up their mates, it may even force PGMOL to start to show some consistency in their decisions if they are being monitored and called out for it in performance reviews

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strange or is it that of the three players that approached the ref only only one was already on a yellow so that’s why he was picked so there was most obviously an agenda.

What's the agenda? PL absolutely desperate to keep Southampton in the league because of their massive popularity?

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bad take, of course refs should be on it. Refs are supposed to be the 'neutral experts' in the LOTG that you allude to. They should actually be active referees though, not ex ones like Mason.

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Amazed that awful ref didn't pull up Sarabia’s push that led to the winning goal.
Watching it back it definitely looks like a clear foul, but from the angle behind the goal you can see the ref is unsighted. Still surprised that we didn't get done by VAR. There was a check, but I'm assuming that was for a possible handball against Gomes.

Back
Top Bottom