Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan to attend Parliament meeting.

T

Tettenhall Wolf

Didn't they do this last time, arranging a meeting on short notice to get in ahead of other events.

Reactionary lip service probably.

Well, lets hope our comrades don't left him off too lightly!

Bridgnorth Wolf Inc, you're our man. Go get him.

T

Tomasz

We, as a forum, have a representative in this meeting. If you want you're cutting questions asking, why not approach them? If they're not doing their job, vote 'em out!

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's about time this happened. It's only going to end badly though because I imagine that the majority of members will be giving him stick throughout the night and his generic responses won't be enough to satisfy them. Hopefully it'll be a wake up call though.

B

Bankswolf II

I wouldn't let him leave until I know exactly where every penny has gone

Shame the players don't get to meet the fans in the same setting

P

Paul76

Waste of time. The damage has already been done. His only crime is that he makes dumb decision after dumb decision. When it comes to footballing decisions, he's thick as Pig Turd.

R

reanswolf

I would love to ask them the following questions?

1) Was Curbishley offered a long term contract or just one until the end of the season? If short term, whose idea was that, Moxey or Morgan?

2) Who decided to offer TC the job, Moxey or Morgan?

3) Who decided to offer Saunders the job Moxey or Morgan?

4) Whose idea was it to charge new ST holders a cheapest £528 in the premiership (6th highest in prem)?

5) Why do they think early bird for lower level championship or 3rd tier football is good value at £345 when Stoke can get one for £344, Villa less than £300, Derby £230, WBA TBA but probably cheaper? WHy do we have the highest one-off charge at £40 in the country, for paying for a season ticket by direct debit?

6) Was there any cut off point for selling our best players before the start of this season? Despite the income generated it was devastating for this season.

7) Who was responsible (Moxey or Morgan) for the low wage strategy in the prem (consistently 2nd or 3rd lowest) even when they knew of the correlation between wages paid and league position existed?

8) Why do they not acknowledge the crisis in the January window, by only in reality allowing loans at a time when our status in this division is in question?

9) Why do they shroud everything in confidentiality clauses (eg Dave Jones as manager, Alan Curbishley etc)?

Wolf Pack leader

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I would love to ask them the following questions?

1) Was Curbishley offered a long term contract or just one until the end of the season? If short term, whose idea was that, Moxey or Morgan?

2) Who decided to offer TC the job, Moxey or Morgan?

3) Who decided to offer Saunders the job Moxey or Morgan?

4) Whose idea was it to charge new ST holders a cheapest £528 in the premiership (6th highest in prem)?

5) Why do they think early bird for lower level championship or 3rd tier football is good value at £345 when Stoke can get one for £344, Villa less than £300, Derby £230, WBA TBA but probably cheaper? WHy do we have the highest one-off charge at £40 in the country, for paying for a season ticket by direct debit?

6) Was there any cut off point for selling our best players before the start of this season? Despite the income generated it was devastating for this season.

7) Who was responsible (Moxey or Morgan) for the low wage strategy in the prem (consistently 2nd or 3rd lowest) even when they knew of the correlation between wages paid and league position existed?

8) Why do they not acknowledge the crisis in the January window, by only in reality allowing loans at a time when our status in this division is in question?

9) Why do they shroud everything in confidentiality clauses (eg Dave Jones as manager, Alan Curbishley etc)?

I can answer a couple of those.

Curbishly agreed to come, I do not know the length of contract. The ony reason he did not come was because his wife would not leave London.

Morgan alone appointed Saunders having not interviewed anyone else

M

Monkey Man

Just one question for me.

Do you wish you'd have bought Liverpool? Because we do.

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Call me a cynic but I fully expect a loan striker to be unveiled before this meeting to divert any discussion on lack of activity in the transfer window.

M

Monkey Man

Curbishly agreed to come, I do not know the length of contract. The ony reason he did not come was because his wife would not leave London.

That's rubbish I'm afraid, they wanted a short deal and review in Summer, Curbs wanted stability and a budget to work with.

P

Penk Wolf

Here's what Del Wop said about it.

It's a room full of sycophants, in a 'committee' that achieves nothing, in front of a panel that 'bat away' anything remotely testing. I know, I did it for four years.

It's interesting from a personal point of view, but if anybody thinks they'll get an insight into the decision making process, an influence on anything worthwhile, or for Jez to actually think "hold on, maybe I should do one, as I'm a bit $$$$" is just deluded I'm afraid.

W

WasStefan

Fair play Mr Morgan. No hiding. Hope the questions aren't cherry picked....

306NOTOUT

That's rubbish I'm afraid, they wanted a short deal and review in Summer, Curbs wanted stability and a budget to work with.

Correct.

Curbs was offered a contract until the summer. When it came to discussing personal terms they offered him £250k.

He wanted to bring in a man (the source of this) to work exclusively with the defence.

Curbs asked how much he could pay said defence coach and was told there was no further money available for further staff. If he wanted anyone to work with him then that would have to come out of the £250k.

He tried to explain that if he kept them up it was worth £30m to them but this fell on deaf ears

C

Captain Bertorelli

Does the blog come with a colour chart so we can see what shade of red Morgan's face is through the evening?

Can you ask Jez about the toilets in the BW & whether he has plans to increase the size of the door please?

P

PeteWolf

Shall we write the notes now...

The meeting was preceded with a stuffed lobster and champagne reception, and a chance for representatives to get up close with Bully and Matt Murray as the two former stars were in attendance for a free autograph session prior to getting down to business...

T

Tettenhall Wolf

Lets see. I'm just be very sceptical when it comes to religion, the supernatural and the wolves board.

M

Monkey Man

I know you're confused, you're bloody Morgan.

How anyone can say 'No hiding' when all he is doing is turning up to a cherry picked night of easy questions is laughable.

I think we all remember his last attempt at talking to the real fans, when he told a group of supporters he could have scored 3 and came across like a fire engined faced drunk chipmunk.

W

WasStefan

I know you're confused, you're bloody Morgan.

How anyone can say 'No hiding' when all he is doing is turning up to a cherry picked night of easy questions is laughable.

I think we all remember his last attempt at talking to the real fans, when he told a group of supporters he could have scored 3 and came across like a fire engined faced drunk chipmunk.

I'm sorry, but what the actual $$$$ is your problem? What have I said that was so controversial? I said Fair play Morgan, no hiding. I said I hope the answers aren't cherry picked which you just $$$$ing mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Monkey Man

I'm sorry, but what the actual $$$$ is your problem? What have I said that was so controversial? I said Fair play Morgan, no hiding. I said I hope the answers aren't cherry picked which you just $$$$ing mentioned.

:D You just refuse to accept that the guy is a total $$$$ and destroying Wolves, you carry on like we are sat in 12th place. You are what the 2Ms must love...

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Here's what Del Wop said about it.
It's a room full of sycophants, in a 'committee' that achieves nothing, in front of a panel that 'bat away' anything remotely testing. I know, I did it for four years.

It's interesting from a personal point of view, but if anybody thinks they'll get an insight into the decision making process, an influence on anything worthwhile, or for Jez to actually think "hold on, maybe I should do one, as I'm a bit $$$$" is just deluded I'm afraid.

I tend to agree with him. After four years of doing it I was invited back to one and there were far less challenging questions, the only time anyone really got uppity would be to better themselves by suggesting ticket prices that would suit their circumstances. Disappointing really.

I will be very surprised if Steve Morgan will answer any difficult questions properly without trying to deflect the blame elsewhere. Nor would I be surprised if he got a bit tetchy.

W

WasStefan

:D You just refuse to accept that the guy is a total $$$$ and destroying Wolves, you carry on like we are sat in 12th place. You are what the 2Ms must love, a total and utter sucker.

Again, did you read my thread recently? I'm as $$$$ed off as the next person, what makes your anger so special?

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Make your points without insults please.

M

Monkey Man

Again, did you read my thread recently?

I did Steve, and the first stage is admitting the problem. But for me the whiff of 'head in the clouds' just seems to follow you around.

I look forward to you justifying our relegation.

E

Edgmond Wolf

I tend to agree with him. After four years of doing it I was invited back to one and there were far less challenging questions, the only time anyone really got uppity would be to better themselves by suggesting ticket prices that would suit their circumstances. Disappointing really.

I will be very surprised if Steve Morgan will answer any difficult questions properly without trying to deflect the blame elsewhere. Nor would I be surprised if he got a bit tetchy.

Well that's two that have been to Parliment and think its pants, anyone else been?

These two have said what I thought would happen but happy to hear from people that have been but think differently?

I think it is a bit of PR and a bit of smoke and mirrors........happy to be proved wrong

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm one them. Thanks for the kind words Sedge!

I can't remember where I read it but the ones quoted in the article I read sounded like they'd been employed by the club!

One suggested an idea of offering a voucher for food (a pie and a pint) in the ground with your season ticket!

Hopefully you'll put up a better argument than the ones quoted in the article.

Ps I'd love to go and put my views across, how do you become a member?"

W

WasStefan

I did Steve, and the first stage is admitting the problem. But for me the whiff of 'head in the clouds' just seems to follow you around.

I look forward to you justifying our relegation.

You post as if you have the devine right to be more $$$$ed off than everyone else, why? We're all hurting, some deal with it in different ways.

Again, nothing in the post which you quoted earlier had anything to do with me supporting Morgan, if anything it was the opposite.

D

Deleted member 4099

The so called Fans Parliment is nothing more than a puppet committee used for testing fans opinions in a controlled environment and then for spoon feeding them the corporate spin on anything that's been raised they don't want to be questioned over. I sat next the Steve Bull member for four years ,he said it was a load of $$$$$$$$ . It will be more spin hoping to take the sting out of the protest on Friday and drum up more early bird sales.

E

Edgmond Wolf

The so called Fans Parliment is nothing more than a puppet committee used for testing fans opinions in a controlled environment and then for spoon feeding them the corporate spin on anything that's been raised they don't want to be questioned over. I sat next the Steve Bull member for four years ,he said it was a load of $$$$$$$$ . It will be more spin hoping to take the sting out of the protest on Friday and drum up more early bird sales.

That is three that attend and all say its a shame......

Anyone who has been want to offer an alternative view?

The_Blade

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The parliament is a waste of time. Spin spin spin

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any chance that someone could 'take one for the team' and shoot the $$$$?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fully expecting a load of waffle and spin from this. Easy questions hand picked for Morgan.

D

Dougan was king

That is three that attend and all say its a shame......

Anyone who has been want to offer an alternative view?

No I went once a few years ago stood in for a friend who is sadly no longer with us.
Very much the JM show so arrogant and very smug.
I asked about the possibility of new video screens and were they very expensive
I got a one word answer "very".
Sums it up for me really.

19th Holer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know a couple of people on the FP.
One in particular, you can be assured, will take on Steve Morgan.
I think his odds of being ejected are similar to ours of stopping up !

D

Deleted member 4023

The meeting should start off with the video at the end of the Barnsley game - but it won't. If Morgan was an honest chairman & felt anything about the club, he'd have taken a couple of pages in the press & apologised to all the fans that he, Moxey & the players have let down - but he's not an honest chairman, so he won't.

Talking's great, but we want to see action on the pitch - at least a couple of players coming in - but we won't.

YOU'VE LET US DOWN AGAIN

Back
Top Bottom