Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just as a comparison, this is where Gibbs-White has operated this season.

So I don’t think the comparisons to any of those players are invalid. Eze is probably the closest.

6E4C4D6C-9A20-4989-85E1-BA09C6D0B361.jpeg

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Ask and thou shall receive….

Olise

View attachment 27782

Benrahma

View attachment 27783

Eze

View attachment 27784

And that’s just this season. They all played as central attacking midfielders, or midfielders loads for Reading, Brentford and QPR too.
None of those are in a 3 they all play almost the second striker role you are describing MGW as doing mostly for Sheff U. I am talking more like an 8 not behind a forward.

West Ham play 2 sitters for e.g and the guy behind basically plays off Antonio.
Yeah Eze does play CM, fair shout. He went for £17M in last year of his deal, which tells a decent tale of transfer fees for a player like him

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last league games in the Chump have just started.

Utd win and they are in the playoffs. Just gone one up

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3-0 now.

MGW scored the first and made the second.

What a signing for next season!

When you think of it like that, we'd be over the moon with him as a signing wouldn't we.

Wonder if Sheff Utd will make us an offer though should they go up.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he can make the step up he is going to be a big asset. We do have to be careful not to get too carried away with his form. I can remember Adel Taarabt absolutley destroying the championship as an attacking midfielder years ago and he never really did it and made the step up in the top flight. I'm optimistic though if he is prepared to work for his place we have a good player on our hands in MGW.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I always rated MGW and thought a loan would be a good move for him.

I didn't realise just how excellent a move it would be though. He's absolutely excelled and deserves all the praise.

Hopefully he can be the blueprint for other youngsters on the fringes of our own team. He either comes back and he's a big option or he goes for a good chunk of cash. Great for Morgan and great for Wolves.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he can make the step up he is going to be a big asset. We do have to be careful not to get too carried away with his form. I can remember Adel Taarabt absolutley destroying the championship as an attacking midfielder years ago and he never really did it and made the step up in the top flight. I'm optimistic though if he is prepared to work for his place we have a good player on our hands in MGW.
Very true.

MGW reminds me of Podence inasmuch as he actually tries things and doesn't play it safe. Therefore he can look absolutely terrible at times, when things don't work out, but he can be a star. He doesn't tend to disappear in games which is really laudable. I'm excited about what he can do.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very true.

MGW reminds me of Podence inasmuch as he actually tries things and doesn't play it safe. Therefore he can look absolutely terrible at times, when things don't work out, but he can be a star. He doesn't tend to disappear in games which is really laudable. I'm excited about what he can do.

My worry is with him is if we wont guarantee him a place he will want to move. He's got to be prepared to earn a place in the team, not be handed a place.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He looks so good now. Just the sort of player we need. Committed, runs his heart out, great on the ball, scores goals, is creative. System change with 4 at the back and MGW as a no10 next season please.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When you think of it like that, we'd be over the moon with him as a signing wouldn't we.

Wonder if Sheff Utd will make us an offer though should they go up.
They are bound to make us an offer. They will be desperate to keep him. He is their star player. Would not surprise me if he wanted to stay there where he is obviously highly valued. Would be an absolute sickner watching him shining for Sheff Utd in the prem next season.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
My worry is with him is if we wont guarantee him a place he will want to move. He's got to be prepared to earn a place in the team, not be handed a place.
Exactly as he refused to come back in January doesn’t bode well for the summer, he took the easy option in my opinion

L78

Reaction score
I'll be amazed looking at some of the flaky players we have atm how he carnt force his way in

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No way do Hwang and Trincao get those numbers - even in the Championship.

Nor Fabio, but that goes without saying, doesn't it? Different positions, but neither would Semedo or RaN. Not even sure Podence would. Would have a couple of brilliant matches before a couple of frustrating ones then out injured for a while.

MGW must be up there in player of the season category for the Championship. Based on what Watkins, Buendia etc cost, must surely be worth £30M ? Home grown, as well.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has two years left on his contract and has outgrown championship football. He either signs a new contract or is sold to one of the newly promoted teams.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We have a fair few who are not really earning their places at present. Yet every week, there they are, out there.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has two years left on his contract and has outgrown championship football. He either signs a new contract or is sold to one of the newly promoted teams.

Or he stays here and starts next season on fire for us and signs a new 5 year deal shortly into the season.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is that 11 goals and 9 assists? 20 goal involvements in a season is an excellent return and well in excess of a couple of very good attacking midfielders now plying their trade in the CL and for England

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think it all comes down to whether Sheff Utd get promoted or not. If they do, I think they'd be happy to spend £20m+ on him because he's the centrepiece of that team - and I think we'll sell him. I can't see the top brass turning down that kind of money, sadly.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll be amazed looking at some of the flaky players we have atm how he carnt force his way in

He's got to want to force his way in. It cant be handed to him

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have a fair few who are not really earning their places at present. Yet every week, there they are, out there.

Thats pretty much irrelevant though to what i'm saying. If he is coming back and he expects to be handed a starting spot, then we should sell him because he will only throw a strop anyway if he doesnt get his way. If he's prepared to prove himself then if he is good enough he will take the spot regardless.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is that 11 goals and 9 assists? 20 goal involvements in a season is an excellent return and well in excess of a couple of very good attacking midfielders now plying their trade in the CL and for England

Its an excellent record. I remember Sako getting something like 15 or 16 goals and 10 or 11 assists in his last season with us, which was excellent.

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Keep hearing about him not wanting to fight for his place. He took a calculated decision based on being at a stage of his development where he needs to play.

No player is getting any guarantees about starting. Literally 5 or 6 players in the world that would be able to demand that of a club

Given his form, and the lack of such in our first team, he likely would have ended up playing a lot of football if hed stayed. But he needed to maximise his chance of getting the game time he needs to develop. Looks like the smart choice to me.

Would welcome him home! Even if it doesn't work out, we'd still have an asset. Bournemouth would probably give us £25m for him?

L78

Reaction score
Think it all comes down to whether Sheff Utd get promoted or not. If they do, I think they'd be happy to spend £20m+ on him because he's the centrepiece of that team - and I think we'll sell him. I can't see the top brass turning down that kind of money, sadly.
Sounds about right I'm sure Barcelona and mendes will gladly take our money and sort us something out for 20m

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nor Fabio, but that goes without saying, doesn't it? Different positions, but neither would Semedo or RaN. Not even sure Podence would. Would have a couple of brilliant matches before a couple of frustrating ones then out injured for a while.

MGW must be up there in player of the season category for the Championship. Based on what Watkins, Buendia etc cost, must surely be worth £30M ? Home grown, as well.
In the right team Fabio doubles MGW numbers. He thrives in the box

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thats pretty much irrelevant though to what i'm saying. If he is coming back and he expects to be handed a starting spot, then we should sell him because he will only throw a strop anyway if he doesnt get his way. If he's prepared to prove himself then if he is good enough he will take the spot regardless.

Sensible enough. Though what basis is there for thinking that he will "throw a strop"? There was a common thing that got repeated about MGW havingbad attitude. No convincing evidence for it. And what does he have to do to prove himself? Other players seem to get chance after chance to prove themselves - and underwhelm everytime, but then are given another chance. Trincao and Fabio, for example.

This seemed half the problem with MGW. He was given 15 minutes at the end of matches, in any spare position and told to "prove himself". Put too much pressure on. And at Sheff U, given a fairer chance of a place and also put in his best position, he's at last looking like a genuine generational talent!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the right team Fabio doubles MGW numbers. He thrives in the box

Where was that? Must have missed it. Seriously, I'm not convinced he's actually done anything other than show potential. Loads of players score goals at youth level. We have some in our Under-23's already. I'm not saying he wouldn't score some goals in the Championship, but double MGW numbers? Based on what? Having seen both MGW and Fabio at similar ages - 18, 19 - MGW was so much the better footballer. There is nothing special about Fabio at all.

Back
Top Bottom