Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White - Opinions?

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought he did OK last night and played in Cutrone with a good through ball. Generally I think he's too lightweight and gets shoved off the ball to easily. It's obvious that he can pass but he seems quite slow and often tries to over-complicate things.
I'm not sure that he's as good as everyone says or whether he will develop sufficiently to have the bright future that everyone is predicting. Time will tell!

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has potential I very much doubt we can afford to wait for.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didnt do anything?

Lol he put in a brilliant ball for Cutrone that if moutinho had played all the bum kickers would have creamed over! It’s incredible the different views as me and my mate weee saying we thought Jonny was poor, MGW and Boly were easily our best players

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My view on MGW is that he is a very good player but not a top 6 player. My opinion of him went up a notch last night but my basic opinion is still the same. Last night I thought he did pretty well and before our subs stood out as one of the few players in a Wolves lineup which was very light on creative players who could actually create something for our front two. He showed some lovely touches. Generally we play stronger opposition in the Premier League though.

If Fosun's aspirations are to be matched then MGW will probably need to be traded on. We are now at bit of a crossroads where the Fosun/Nuno wheels have come off slightly. Fosun have got a lot of power, money and know how and have done really well in quickly taking Wolves back to unexpected heights from our perennial underachiever position of the previous 20 years. Let's face it lots of rich powerful people have moved into football usually with an ego built on their previous financial and business success that convinces them that they alone know how to do things better than all of the other rich/successful club owners.

The question now is have Fosun still got the drive, determination, money and wisdom to follow up on their original targets now that things are getting a bit tougher. If they do then MGW will not IMO be good enough for Wolves. If Fosun's aspirations turn out to be slightly out of their reach then maybe MGW has still got a few years ahead of him at Wolves.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always thought Dendoncker and MGW were important to replace. They should carry the ball from defence to attack and they can’t.
The fact that neither they or our defence can carry a ball very far creates our problems with winning matches.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

No chance.

He ran around a lot yes, looked better than he has done yes. But the opposition isnt prem standard. There were still many wayward passes and heavy touches. I think he needs a season in the championship playing regularly.
Opposition isn't prem standard?? Joke comment. Laughable in fact.

Novawolf1

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Can't believe the negative comments..without doubt was involved in all our better moments until he went off

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought he was great driving us forward.
He’s not landing everything he does but did a lot more than others.
Some posters have written him off, some say he needs game time and should have been loaned out whilst a few appreciate he is developing and maybe is better getting minutes under Nuno.

I thought he wa sgood last night and applaud him. Neto and MGW are nature competition and I think it does them good.

A

alstar

He’s getting a lot better. Played well last night. .. saw him against Burnley and he was too far forward all the time. He’ll smash it soon...

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Needs steady Championship run of games. He is not ready for the Premiership. Our only AM and we desperately need to spend big if necessary on an upgrade in January.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MGW is the best kid to come out of the academy since Keane and Murray, that's obvious. He's getting valuable experience and has potential. We've seem glimpses of magic (I was gonna say 'magic moments' but that bloody song then fills my head - doh). He can glide past players, is not slow (contrary to what someone said in this thread) and can pick a pass (remembering the slide rule ones to Costa and Jiminez). BUT it's still only potential. Up to managers, coaching staff and MGW himself to fulfil that potential.

D

Deleted member 4184

Pedro Neto is younger than MGW and miles ahead of him.

MGW needs a loan if he's going to progress. Having 10 minute cameos here and there isn't doing him any good.

Thought he played a good pass to yesterday but apart from that he was anonymous, again

D

Deleted member 4124

MGW needs a loan if he's going to progress. Having 10 minute cameos here and there isn't doing him any good.

Thought he played a good pass to yesterday but apart from that he was anonymous, again
Yes, the game finished 1-0.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

By 5 weeks??? Jesus that’s nit picking

Think MGW has looked lively in last 2 times he’s come on, Neto is exactly the same young and exciting.

D

Deleted member 4124

Think MGW has looked lively in last 2 times he’s come on, Neto is exactly the same young and exciting.
Neto just hasn't had a chance to show youthful inconsistency yet. When he does, the fans will turn on him too.

D

Deleted member 4184

Yes, the game finished 1-0.

Putting in a cross and their own player scoring a howler of an own goal suddenly makes it a good performance?

Neto looks miles ahead for me.

D

Deleted member 4124

Putting in a cross and their own player scoring a howler of an own goal suddenly makes it a good performance?

You said he was anonymous, but he assisted the goal that finished the game off...

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Just admit the younger thing was totally unnecessary, I’m very boring and will check facts if you think 40 days makes a difference then I’m pretty much shocked as it’s a load of crap

D

Deleted member 4184

He touched it last before the goalscorer. That's an assist whether you like it or not.

If you think that touch makes his performance any better then I'll leave it at that fella.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably the most talented player we have had come through our youth team in a generation yet his performances are scrutinized down to the most microscopic detail.

Some players seem to have a free pass when it comes to below par performances, nobody bats an eyelid or quicky forget about it.

Very rarely does a young player come into a team and put in consistently good performances, certainly not players that are on the periphery of the team.

Most people love Ruben Vinagre, people are quick to say what a talent he is and is going to be. People are also very quick to excuse his inconsistencies and say he's young and still learning. The same applies to MGW.

I can remember Keith Andrews being put under the spotlight at a young age. He burst onto the scene and was even made captain at one point. I can also remember parts of Molineux getting on his back pretty quickly and his Wolves career disappeared equally as quickly. He went on to have a very good career* and MGW has more talent in his little toe than him.

*What a **** he was for scoring for Albion against us in that horror show. Celebrated like a mother ****er too.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My view on MGW is that he is a very good player but not a top 6 player. My opinion of him went up a notch last night but my basic opinion is still the same. Last night I thought he did pretty well and before our subs stood out as one of the few players in a Wolves lineup which was very light on creative players who could actually create something for our front two. He showed some lovely touches. Generally we play stronger opposition in the Premier League though.

If Fosun's aspirations are to be matched then MGW will probably need to be traded on. We are now at bit of a crossroads where the Fosun/Nuno wheels have come off slightly. Fosun have got a lot of power, money and know how and have done really well in quickly taking Wolves back to unexpected heights from our perennial underachiever position of the previous 20 years. Let's face it lots of rich powerful people have moved into football usually with an ego built on their previous financial and business success that convinces them that they alone know how to do things better than all of the other rich/successful club owners.

The question now is have Fosun still got the drive, determination, money and wisdom to follow up on their original targets now that things are getting a bit tougher. If they do then MGW will not IMO be good enough for Wolves. If Fosun's aspirations turn out to be slightly out of their reach then maybe MGW has still got a few years ahead of him at Wolves.
Great post.

oldgold1877

Reaction score

One pass to Cutrone. Didn’t make up for all the attempted flicks and outside of the foot pass attempts. Not a Premiership player IMO from what I have seen.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you think that touch makes his performance any better then I'll leave it at that fella.
I don’t care if his touch is an assist or not but he read the situation brilliantly......
......see the ball coming, knows that if he goes for goal that Foster is in a good position to save, so MGW flicks the ball to where he knew Jonny is coming in.
Great play. That pass was a great PL quality move.
Now hope he does it more often.

Last edited:

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MGW has played ok recently and shown some great vision, though yes he needs to learn to play it simple more often.

Both he and Neto are only 19 - the grief some fans give youngsters here is pathetic. With the odd exception, players tend to break through properly at 21-22. Neto has shown some good stuff but also made a lot of mistakes. People just haven't had time to focus on them yet. He gave the ball away numerous times yesterday in dangerous places.

Both players are getting regular premier league experience which will only help their future. It's too early to know if they'll make it but they're here on merit.

I say that as someone who isn't an MGW fan as I think he is just starting to show he can add something we're missing creatively and he's getting stuck in more.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought the opening 15 minutes when he came on he looked better than he has in a long while. Creating lots of space. Changed the game around after Neto was running down blind alleys after a good first half.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
wolvesjack said:

I think they play different roles. Neto is playing wide, more like the Cav/ Costa role of past seasons whilst MGW is playing as the link man or forward midfielder in a 3.

Back
Top Bottom