Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Midfielder (Vitinha) on loan later this week..

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought it was Timmy boy who said we were announcing the midfielder? Has anyone else? I know Youts85 has said 2 names (plus Esteves and probably Leite) but not as definitive as naming positions for the 2 players.
As Youts85's two that he's named are a RWB and a CB (Esteves & Leite)I think we can safely assume one of those other two mystery players are a CM and therefore very likely to be the one supposedly announced tomorrow

And will therefore all but confirm if what he's been told is true

Tomorrow will be very rereleasing either way!

wyrley wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Kang in Lee if he is one of two from same country, Kim Min Jae or Hwang Hee Chan?

D

Deleted member 5635

To whet the appetites, these are the midfielders we have been linked with, as per San Fran's transfer thread

Emmanuel Boateng from Hapoel Tel-Aviv. This wasn't a particularly credible source and came in 3 months ago, with no follow up.

Oscar Rodriguez from Real Madrid.

Idrissa Gueye from PSG

Joao Pahlinha from Sporting. Lots of coverage but the supposed price tag and being in his mid 20s shouldn't suggest loan to me.

Facundo Pellestri from Penarol

William Carvalho from Betis

Rodrigo Fernandes from Sporting

Alhassan Yusf from IFK Gotenburg

Weston McKennie from Schalke (stronger rumours of him off elsewhere)

Allan Saint-Maximin from Newcastle

Milot Rashica from Werder Bremen

Dwight McNeil from Burnley

Thomas Lemar from Atletico Madrid

Pepe from Gremio

For my money, it'll probably be none of them, because our transfers seem to emerge from the blue quite randomly.
McKennie signed for Juve

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As Youts85's two that he's named are a RWB and a CB (Esteves & Leite)I think we can safely assume one of those other two mystery players are a CM and therefore very likely to be the one supposedly announced tomorrow

Agreed and he has a name of someone who fits the bill. Unless he’s dropped Tim Spiers a note then I’m wondering how Tim knows we are signing someone on loan (agreed he may not know who) but suggests extra intel we’ve not seen elsewhere.

Y

Yout85

I'm actually genuinely nervous. No idea why.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kang In Lee would be one of the attacking players for us where we have Neto, Podence, Jota, Traore. Won't be him.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
How come Spiers knows the position of the signing but not the name?

toncas10

Reaction score
Wolves may have an injunction on the name until a certain time tomorrow, the fact he says that he has said all he CAN makes me think he knows but can't say

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How come Spiers knows the position of the signing but not the name?

I got from his last tweet that he knows who it is but isn't saying. But, that doesn't really make sense, he's paid by The Athletic not Wolves lol.

Unless there's an agreement and he'll be first to break it tomorrow morning.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That isn't how FFP works - any incomings are calculated as straight on the balance sheet. Outgoings are amortised. So currently, with our signings, in the most simplistic way it reads £60m IN - £7m out (forgive the slack on the figures). If you need this confirming, give The Football Finance Podcast a listen, Kieran Maguire explains it all :)

Cav went for £14m + £5m bonus
Costa went for £16m = £5m Bonus
Doc went for a straight £16m

So £57m in. less the money to Bohemians - £55m. I just rounded up :)
Only thing you haven’t taken in to account is the amortisation left on Costa and Cavaleiro that would also have to be deduced when they were sold which would be 1 year of his contract so roughly £2.9m on Costa and 1 and a half years of his contract so £2.1m on Cavaleiro. So that’s an extra £5m to be deducted off the “profit on sale” that goes in the accounts.

Doherty’s would be about 50p so negligible.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm actually genuinely nervous. No idea why.
Me too! Might not be another good nights sleep :)

I dearly hope its one of your names (and not a development player for the U23s) and we can then all celebrate in that all you've been told is true. Would also confirm your intel on the other player of the same nationality, Esteves and Leite on top. Would also confirm that we're at least trying to sign 6 players for the first team squad this summer even if we don't get them over the line

Again, really appreciate you sharing what you can. Makes the transfer windows

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Of course, it's also possible the 'two of same nationality' players are English, and we're all overlooking it...

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had not been told about Marcal at all. So when I said 2 of the same nationality coming in, on top of the 3 Portugese, I was not referring to Marcal and 1 other Brazilian.

That does not mean the 2 aren't Brazilian.

And that doesn't mean that they are either.

Any announcement on a loan will be very enlightening and should allow me to share a lot more detail.
Keep your friend safe and your powder dry. We can wait - just about!

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I got from his last tweet that he knows who it is but isn't saying. But, that doesn't really make sense, he's paid by The Athletic not Wolves lol.

As i said earlier staying in good graces with Wolves is absolutely essential to his job at The Athletic. Not worth him breaking one transfer then never getting another interview again.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Course it makes sense. You can't risk burning a source, and potentially losing access to do the kind of articles he has been doing (player recovery one, for example). He's the athletics wolves reporter. Burn that source & relationship & he's no longer in a job.

Think you've nailed in that there is an arrangement where he'll announce first potentially.

Pessimistic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe its paulinho on loan?

Maybe, but his supposed fee is in the region of £15M ish, which isn't such a huge fee that we would need to shunt it into the next reporting period.

He's also 25 and has 100 games or so under his belt in the Premeira Liga. That suggests that we'd more or less know what we'd be getting. Less of a need to loan and assess whether he'll cut the mustard, compared to a young player, or someone from a vastly inferior league.

Of course, it could be that our other targets cost such an amount that delaying payment on him for a year is necessary? Or perhaps we're tracking a young Portuguese wonder kid in Central midfield and looking to see how he does this season before snaffling him up in 2021?

But my guess would be that if we wanted Palhinha we'd sign him outright.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loaning a youngster? Why would we do that? Unless you're thinking along the lines of Enzo Loiodice where we did a 'try before you buy' type deal.
Skrilla give yourself a like as you answered your own question. Unless it has got something to do with one of Mendes's jigsaws.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe, but his supposed fee is in the region of £15M ish, which isn't such a huge fee that we would need to shunt it into the next reporting period.

He's also 25 and has 100 games or so under his belt in the Premeira Liga. That suggests that we'd more or less know what we'd be getting. Less of a need to loan and assess whether he'll cut the mustard, compared to a young player, or someone from a vastly inferior league.

Of course, it could be that our other targets cost such an amount that delaying payment on him for a year is necessary? Or perhaps we're tracking a young Portuguese wonder kid in Central midfield and looking to see how he does this season before snaffling him up in 2021?

But my guess would be that if we wanted Palhinha we'd sign him outright.

You do realise that Paulinho and Palhinha are different players, don't you?

modenawolf

Reaction score

Tim needs good relationships at the club to get the kind of access required to write that article on recovery etc. He's not going to jeopardise that by tweeting a transfer scoop to get a bit of kudos on Twitter, and The Athletic don't need the clicks like others do. If he's been told to keep quiet until X o'clock, he will.

Mrs E

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On loan with an option to buy according to our Tim in an article in the athletic

TezzaWolf

Reaction score
Kang In Lee would be one of the attacking players for us where we have Neto, Podence, Jota, Traore. Won't be him.

Not if you consider that he's taking MGW spot in the squad. Kang fits perfectly attacking CM or further forward if required exactly the same as Gibbs-White.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tim has repeated it in the Athletic. Centre Midfield coming in on loan today (Article is meant for tomorrow).

Y

Yout85

I keep thinking back to the Lisa Simpson quote about the jazz notes that aren’t played, and wondering whether this means it’s right under our noses.

I said it in response to someone asking if I had answered a question, saying that I did not.

It meant that the questions I don't answer are as important as the questions I do.

Back
Top Bottom