Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Midfielder (Vitinha) on loan later this week..

Martin Riggs

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The name given via PM is a good idea, certainly better than the equation that was posted on here last pre-season that Will Hunting would have struggled to crack.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can u tell us Will this guy be the marquee signing of the summer ?

Liam pearce

Groupie
Reaction score
Because I've been told specifically not to say the names.

Made it clear on other posts potential reasons why I can't say, and it needs to be left at that.

I have gave lots of information.
Breaking the transfer record again or is that the big money move done?

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think everyone is gonna be disappointed when some unknown kid turns up tomorrow for the u23s

Pessimistic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To whet the appetites, these are the midfielders we have been linked with, as per San Fran's transfer thread

Emmanuel Boateng from Hapoel Tel-Aviv. This wasn't a particularly credible source and came in 3 months ago, with no follow up.

Oscar Rodriguez from Real Madrid.

Idrissa Gueye from PSG

Joao Pahlinha from Sporting. Lots of coverage but the supposed price tag and being in his mid 20s shouldn't suggest loan to me.

Facundo Pellestri from Penarol

William Carvalho from Betis

Rodrigo Fernandes from Sporting

Alhassan Yusf from IFK Gotenburg

Weston McKennie from Schalke (stronger rumours of him off elsewhere)

Allan Saint-Maximin from Newcastle

Milot Rashica from Werder Bremen

Dwight McNeil from Burnley

Thomas Lemar from Atletico Madrid

Pepe from Gremio

For my money, it'll probably be none of them, because our transfers seem to emerge from the blue quite randomly.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isn’t it mad though we are about to make a big signing tomorrow in cm and we literally Have no clue who it is

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure why we need another back up midfielder unless they are going to improve the starting 11, OR Nuno has decided he wants an alternative like N’Diaye was.
Moutinho is now getting on a bit and despite his undoubted quality cannot be expected to play every game or 90 minutes on a regular basis.

D

Deleted member 4184

Kondogbia and Hector Herrera linked in the past hour or so

Boon2

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If the midfielder were Erick Gutierrez from PSV the other Mexican could be Corona.

optimuswolf

Reaction score
We aren't even remotely close to spending the incoming money yet, which is about £60m from Costa, Cav and Doc.

To put in to context, that £60m goes straight in on the bottom line. Any outgoings are done in an amortised way.

Silva fee - £35m, amortised over 5 years = £7m a year + his wages.

I doubt we've used £10 of the money from Costa, Cav and Doc in signing Silva.
thats only one side of the equation though. you have to remember the other fees from previous fys being amortised too, plus the share of the costa and cav fees that are write offs against their initial transfer fee (about 10m I'd imagine). its v possible to do the sums but quite complex.

Boon2

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Herrera is a DM rather than the box-to-box type we need. Getting on a bit too.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spiers asking for questions for his podcast and says 'Bearing in mind I've explained as much as I can about the midfielder'.

As far as I can see he's said nothing? Just that it's a midfielder.

That suggests he knows who it is and I'd have hoped he'd play it down if it was an U23 signing or someone who won't make a big impression on the team.

Promising.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moutinho is now getting on a bit and despite his undoubted quality cannot be expected to play every game or 90 minutes on a regular basis.

Nuno has deployed a midfield 2 of Neves / Donk on a few occasions this season

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
BBC report of us signing Marçal says that we are targeting a midfielder and right wing back before the opening game of the season.

That would be the two players discussed on the thread then . . . It looks as if the stars are aligning

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spiers asking for questions for his podcast and says 'Bearing in mind I've explained as much as I can about the midfielder'.

As far as I can see he's said nothing? Just that it's a midfielder.

That suggests he knows who it is and I'd have hoped he'd play it down if it was an U23 signing or someone who won't make a big impression on the team.

Promising.

Suggests to me rather the opposite...that Brittney knows diddly squat.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Suggests to me rather the opposite...that Brittney knows diddly squat.
I thought it was Timmy boy who said we were announcing the midfielder? Has anyone else? I know Youts85 has said 2 names (plus Esteves and probably Leite) but not as definitive as naming positions for the 2 players.

Back
Top Bottom