Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Mick McCarthy

wolf97

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Favourite for Villa job.

:D

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good for him- maybe he can finish the job McLeish started and relegate another west midlands club

L

luckyjim

Haha, hope for their sake it is, villatalk will be in meltdown...

T

Tettenhall Wolf

Wouldn't think Villa be happy with Mick, his style and PL record after Alex. They want someone big. They think they are a big club ;-)

T

Tettenhall Wolf

TC to follow MM

Will Mick ask him to join wherever he lands?

Be interesting to see when he does get a job if he does.

I don't think he will.

TC tried to be dignified about it, but did voice some subtle opposition to Mick's style and methods didn't he.

Difficult not to really!

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It won't happen. It can't happen, surely?! The appointment of Alex McCleish would look masterstroke in comparison to this.

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a chance, if Lerner is in touch with reality and in touch with fans of the club then he will get Lambert. In all honesty I think whomever goes there will just have to work under the same budget restrictions as McLeish anyway - perfect for MM really. They are not as big as they think anymore.

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Presumably Villa have more money to spend than Wolves so if it does happen will make for interesting times and would provide those who believed Mick deserves more time an opportunity to see how well he does at a club where he should be able to buy in better quality players.

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
More money to spend on wages perhaps, but I honestly can't recall Villa making a big purchase under McLeish?

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are actually parallels to be drawn between McLeish's time at Villa and McCarthy's time this season. Perhaps not as much investment as what was required after disappointing campaigns the previous season, unlucky with injuries and decisions...

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are actually parallels to be drawn between McLeish's time at Villa and McCarthy's time this season. Perhaps not as much investment as what was required after disappointing campaigns the previous season, unlucky with injuries and decisions...

There are parallels between McCarthy and McCleish - they are at best poor-average managers who are out of there depth at a high level/big club.

However, one thing I will give McCleish is at least he got Birmingham to a 9th place finish and won a trophy on probably identical resources as to Mick.

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I doubt they'll give it to McCarthy. As for the odds, Curbishley was once 1/7 to be our manager and that never happened, so betting companies should be ignored the majority of the time. All they're trying to do is get the market moving and make some easy money.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are parallels between McCarthy and McCleish - they are at best poor-average managers who are out of there depth at a high level/big club.

However, one thing I will give McCleish is at least he got Birmingham to a 9th place finish and won a trophy on probably identical resources as to Mick.

Must be why they've not got a pot to $$$$ in then, and we're not a single penny in debt.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Must be why they've not got a pot to $$$$ in then, and we're not a single penny in debt.

What is your point here exactly? That is a debate not related to the two managers whatsoever. They have both worked of a similar/same budget whilst Alex was at Birmingham and bar three minutes which could have gone either way Alex has achieved allot more at Brum than what Mick has here. And the reason they have not got a pot to $$$$ in is because they were sold down the drain to pathetic owners who couldn’t give two $$$$es about Birmingham City, and we have good, sensible owners with the clubs best interests at heart.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I seriously doubt this will happen. Lerner isn't that stupid.

However it is quite funny to see some of the Villa fans squirming.

L

luckyjim

Great quote from a villa fan I saw on twitter.... "Replacing Alex McLeish with Mick McCarthy is like getting rid of gonorrhoea and then catching herpes."

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please god let this happen. I don't know about herpes, this would be more like getting full blown aids!

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What is your point here exactly? That is a debate not related to the two managers whatsoever. They have both worked of a similar/same budget whilst Alex was at Birmingham and bar three minutes which could have gone either way Alex has achieved allot more at Brum than what Mick has here. And the reason they have not got a pot to $$$$ in is because they were sold down the drain to pathetic owners who couldn’t give two $$$$es about Birmingham City, and we have good, sensible owners with the clubs best interests at heart.

My point is thus. Birmingham's similar budget came from money they didn't have.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would laugh my d1ck off if he went there. They could do worse, but not a lot...

S

SimplyTheWolves

Will never ever happen. Completely the wrong sort of manager for Villa.

I bet the Man City fans thought that very late in the match on Sunday, and look what happened. Its very unlikely I know, but as I keep saying nothings impossible in football.

J

johnybig32

How quick people are still to slag off MM.

Wont happen and they could do worse. Like we did when we got rid of him.

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would love him to get the job and do well, living down here Villa are $$$$ all to me but I would be very intrigued how McCarthy would manage at villa, would go to say he may do pretty well.

S

SimplyTheWolves

The biggest question to me is why would they want Mick?

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People have been slagging MM off ever since he arrived at Wolves! However, I can't see where he's directly being slagged off on here.

L

luckyjim

Just in case anyone thinks I get sentimental for McCarthy.....Good Riddance! :D

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't believe we're still debating/arguing about MM on here. Like the post above - I hope MM goes somewhere (preferably to a club I don't like, say Bolton), and $$$$s them up like he did us. Top bloke my $$$$ - complete $$$$.

D

Deleted member 3751

I'd love him to get the villa job, then he might get the chance to prove all his fans correct in getting a team back up to the prem.

Back
Top Bottom