Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Mick and Cov

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Heard from two different sources that Thorne is about to be booted out and that they want Mick.Would he drop that far and if so would TC go with him?

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me. He's got a nice house near Trysull and he could commute from there without having to move. And a job's a job.

B

bridgnorthwolf

He's far too good to be in League One and far too good for Coventry City.

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's far too good to be in League One and far too good for Coventry City.

Quite agree that he is. far too good. However he`s just the bloke who would relish the challenge and could bring them right back. Not that I want them back, but I would love to see Mick back fighting a cause.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
hes also got a house in bromley.

good move for tc , sent to coventry .

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it would be the ideal move for him. A club on the down, little expectations and in desperate need of some unity - is there a better candidate than Mick? He would be extremely naive and mislead to think he can wait around for a PL/Upper championship side to come calling.

D

Dewsburywolf

Not meaning to be rude or indeed disrespectful to the guy but why should we care if he's being linked to the Coventry job or any other club? He's left us, he's a football manager, Coventry are apparently going to be in the market for a manager so Mick might be in the frame, who knows? I'm more concerned about who we - Wolverhampton Wanderers - are going to get in

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Not meaning to be rude or indeed disrespectful to the guy but why should we care if he's being linked to the Coventry job or any other club? He's left us, he's a football manager, Coventry are apparently going to be in the market for a manager so Mick might be in the frame, who knows? I'm more concerned about who we - Wolverhampton Wanderers - are going to get in

My main point was if he is appointed would he induce Connor to go with him?That would affect us,hence my post.

D

Dewsburywolf

My main point was if he is appointed would he induce Connor to go with him?

Connor was imposed on him by Wolves - much the same as he was on Hoddle, Jones & whoever else in the past 13 years - so why do people keep banging on about him (Connor) $$$$ing off to join Mick when he gets another job? If anything it will be Taff Evans & Dave whatever he's called who get "poached" as those are the ones who've been with Mick in his previous jobs

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Connor was imposed on him by Wolves - much the same as he was on Hoddle, Jones & whoever else in the past 13 years - so why do people keep banging on about him (Connor) $$$$ing off to join Mick when he gets another job? If anything it will be Taff Evans & Dave whatever he's called who get "poached" as those are the ones who've been with Mick in his previous jobs

I'll put money on Connor joining Mick, they've become best mates not just working partners.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score

Maybe but after working closely together for over 5 years doesn't preclude the thought that they may well hitch up somewhere else either.They have become very close friends according to Mick.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Can you get me a job working with you then?

You want to become his best mate?

I'm interested to see where Mick eventually goes, and how he does, and whether he is joined by Terry Connor. Doesn't take anything away from how much I care what happens at Wolves next.

B

Brandons gramps

It potentially has an effect on Wolves surely?

Mick is a good championship manager - if he gets a job with a decent championship team it will make our job next season that bit harder.

Rather he goes a level down...

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully if he gets the job he'll take TC with him.

As much as people bang on about TC was "imposed" on him. Don't forget it was Micks decision to hire TC as his assistant when Taff could no longer do it.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
A horrible job for anyone to take on. Big financial problems, barely able to name 11 senior pros (sounds familiar) and a stadium they don't even own.

Personally think that Mick deserves and will get a far better job than Coventry. If he holds fire until the Summer, he would be first choice for a number of Championship clubs.

I

It's Mixu Paatelainen

I think Mick would drop into League One for the right job, but SISU don't strike me as the kind of owners who would be willing to stump up for a recent Premiership manager.

F

Forever Wolves

Lets hope wherever he goes he leaves the club in a similar mess as ours.
The fawning over him on goes way ott at times. He's a decent championship manager, nothing more. His premiership record, with Sunderland and us, is patchy to put it mildly.
He did a good job for us, we move on, so does he.

S

SaleWolf

Couldn't give a damn. Whichever club he does end up at, my only hope is he signs Terry Connor and most of the dross he signed whilst he was here as he is surely the only manager in the world who would want the likes of Elokobi, Jonsson, Edwards etc.

D

Dewsburywolf

You want to become his best mate?

NWW already is a mate, which was my point. Just because you state that someone's "become a very close friend since coming here" doesn't necessarily equate to giving them a job at your next club

As much as people bang on about TC was "imposed" on him. Don't forget it was Micks decision to hire TC as his assistant when Taff could no longer do it.

Or was it Uncle Jez/Steve Morgan who made the decision - cost cutting measure?

S

Sandwell Wolf

Mick will be the next Forest manager.

Last edited by a moderator:

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
NWW already is a mate, which was my point. Just because you state that someone's "become a very close friend since coming here" doesn't necessarily equate to giving them a job at your next club

Or was it Uncle Jez/Steve Morgan who made the decision - cost cutting measure?

I doubt it because then surely as a cost cutting measure they would have got rid of Taff as well instead of him becoming part of the scouting side.

D

Dewsburywolf

I doubt it because then surely as a cost cutting measure they would have got rid of Taff as well instead of him becoming part of the scouting side.

Are scouts paid as much as assistant managers then?

R

Redditch Wolves

Why is everyone stalking our ex manager? I find it quite sad and pathetic!!

I reckon you are all potential stalkers that prey on your ex's everyday movements. He left the club because he could not take us to the next level.

If it helps go home and drink a bottle of wine, listen to late night love on Heart FM and call up and let it all out. Time is a healer it will get better, honest.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score

I reckon you are all potential stalkers that prey on your ex's everyday movements. He left the club because he could not take us to the next level.

If it helps go home and drink a bottle of wine, listen to late night love on Heart FM and call up and let it all out. Time is a healer it will get better, honest.

The point of the original post wad whether Connor would join him,that's all

S

Sandwell Wolf

Sorry for discussing football matters on a football forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

robwolf

The sad thing is you getting all bothered over it!!!!

If you really cant stand the mention of his name why even look at a thread with mick in the title. The op suggested he may take TC which has been discussed and you've thrown your toys out of the pram!!! Either take a chill pill or ignore threads like this....

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forest would be a good move. Decent sized club, naff all money and a crap side.

Basically what he inherited here.

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it would be the ideal move for him. A club on the down, little expectations and in desperate need of some unity

I live in Coventry - and have friends that are Coventry City fans. I can assure you that their fans are the most deluded bunch ever and have big expectations.

Despite being relegated from the Premiership 10 years ago, selling all their best players, and having severe financial problems, their fans were still demanding that their managers were sacked year after year for not getting them back in the Premiership - over the last ten years, they've had 10 managers (Strachan, Roland Nilsson, Gary McAllister, Eric Black, Peter Reid, Micky Adams, Iain Dowie, Chris Coleman, Aidy Boothroyd and Andy Thorn). All, with the exception of McAllister who resigned due to his wife battling serious illness, were sacked or hounded out by fans for not getting them back in the Premiership.

Any new manager would be expected to get them promoted from League One instantly, and then the Premiership a year or two afterwards.

Coventry City can't afford McCarthy anyway. They have serious financial problems, are likely to go into administration any time now, and are still being chased for £100,000 stadium rent that they owe.

Any manager that goes there would be nuts.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I live in Coventry - and have friends that are Coventry City fans. I can assure you that their fans are the most deluded bunch ever and have big expectations.

Despite being relegated from the Premiership 10 years ago, selling all their best players, and having severe financial problems, their fans were still demanding that their managers were sacked year after year for not getting them back in the Premiership - over the last ten years, they've had 10 managers (Strachan, Roland Nilsson, Gary McAllister, Eric Black, Peter Reid, Micky Adams, Iain Dowie, Chris Coleman, Aidy Boothroyd and Andy Thorn). All, with the exception of McAllister who resigned due to his wife battling serious illness, were sacked or hounded out by fans for not getting them back in the Premiership.

Any new manager would be expected to get them promoted from League One instantly, and then the Premiership a year or two afterwards.

Coventry City can't afford McCarthy anyway. They have serious financial problems, are likely to go into administration any time now, and are still being chased for £100,000 stadium rent that they owe.

Any manager that goes there would be nuts.

That post has cheered me up no end :D

Back
Top Bottom