Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Michail Antonio - final piece of the jigsaw?

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having watched him closely against us, he's only the final piece of the jigsaw, if you're doing a jigsaw about current Premier League footballers whose best days are well behind them.

That said, it could have just been a particularly bad game? He's a decent option to have from the bench.
Sums up what we already have.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cunha doesn’t look a striker to me I would try and break the bank one more time for that tevez type of forward

GV Wolf

Reaction score
Might as well get someone else in who doesn’t score.

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's still fast.

He is. Anybody who doesn't think he'd be an improvement should watch the goal below, which was from as recently as 9 days ago.

Now imagine Costa or Jimenez trying to do that.

Wolfmeister75

Groupie
Reaction score
I’m not convinced he’s coming and I’m even less convinced he’s the answer. Why would West Ham weaken their position and strengthen our position at the same time? I think he’s a player whose best days are behind him anyway unless it’s just a fresh start he needs. But his form has fallen off a cliff since last season so maybe it’s a combination of things. Ben Brereton from Blackburn Rovers would be a great option I reckon.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not convinced he’s coming and I’m even less convinced he’s the answer. Why would West Ham weaken their position and strengthen our position at the same time? I think he’s a player whose best days are behind him anyway unless it’s just a fresh start he needs. But his form has fallen off a cliff since last season so maybe it’s a combination of things. Ben Brereton from Blackburn Rovers would be a great option I reckon.
Brereton Diaz has already signed a pre-contract with Villarreal.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We won't sign anyone else now, think cunha will be used as a false 9 with podence and sarabia coming inside and grabbing most the goals. Especially with all the midfielders we now have 433 looks like the most likely formation till the summer.

When its not working Raul or Costa will be brought on as a target man and it might see us change to a 442.

Sa
Semedo - Collins/Kilman - Dawson - Bueno
Neves
Lemina/Gomes - Nunes
Sarabia - Cunha - Podence/Neto

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's not the answer .
It LL be a 2/10 window if we don't sign a good striker

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
Question for those who want to take a chance on Antonio or Gyokeres this window: Would you still want them if that meant that we couldn't get a better rated striker (e.g., Goncalo Ramos) in the summer?

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Question for those who want to take a chance on Antonio or Gyokeres this window: Would you still want them if that meant that we couldn't get a better rated striker (e.g., Goncalo Ramos) in the summer?
I think we're at serious risk of being a Championship side next season, and therefore not having a cat in hell's chance of signing Goncalo Ramos, so yes (moreso Gyokeres than Antonio).

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
I think we're at serious risk of being a Championship side next season, and therefore not having a cat in hell's chance of signing Goncalo Ramos, so yes (moreso Gyokeres than Antonio).
I don't see how they are any better than what we have. And Gyokeres is not even better than Fabio, in my opinion.

We're at risk, yes, but looking at the coaches of the bottom 6 or 7 teams, I would put money on JL to avoid relegation.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't see how they are any better than what we have. And Gyokeres is not even better than Fabio, in my opinion.

We're at risk, yes, but looking at the coaches of the bottom 6 or 7 teams, I would put money on JL to avoid relegation.
I don't know if they are or aren't mate, but we have 0 goals from strikers.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So why would relegation threatened West Ham let him go?
Because they have never properly appreciated his contribution over the past 5-6 years. Always been the first they looked at to upgrade, yet always been one of their better players.
10 goals last season. 4 goals and 2 assists ain't bad from 1000 minutes of football this year.
I hope we sign him, because I'm convinced west ham will go down without him.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Antonio seems to have been fairly anonymous tonight.

Reaction score
I am of the school that thinks we could assure ourselves of continued premiership football if we acquired a central striker .
I am reassured that Anthony will remain at West Ham.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't want us to sign him to be honest. I think we need better players.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No we won't.
I don't understand where this faith comes from.
We have a very tactically astute manager. But still no striker who can score goals, and a squad that is on the whole goalshy.
The reason we didn't beat leeds Fulham or Bournemouth wasn't from a lack of possession. If we don't solve our fundamental problems we are going to struggle and I am not seeing a massive upturn in the score count.

Back
Top Bottom