Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Michael Beale

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was all ready to sign the contract until he read the small print that said he would have to sack his agent and employ Mendes has his new one.

Reactions: Ian

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just give me a straight answer now: Will Barry take the job? Asking for a friend who's somehow landed himself a job as a football club CEO.
I just got a text off Bazza. He said, "Sod that, we might be playing against em in a few years time!"

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You might be onto something there

Never looked at it like that ......
I don't think a lot do

Guo will want another fosun head in charge, rinse and repeat the reliance on mendes and most likely someone well known within the club running it.

The structure needs to change, fosun need to outsource to a Proper executive, and a technical director in charge of the football side.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can only assume that they have spoken to him unofficially through agents and gathered references from various people in the game who have worked with him, know him.
He's been in football a long time so will be well known within the game I would think.

Maybe not!

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is obviously ambitious and determined to manage a Premier League club with the same ambition as he has.

We obviously cannot match his ambition and that is unforgivable. What is our plan, our vision, our ambition, where/who are our football advisors.

I admit I was not in favour of his appointment, but this is nothing but a total embarrassment.

Where do we go now, turned down by a Championship club manager!

Norbert Snoggins from the Dog and Duck it is then!

I though the Conservative party were in disarray, but this is something else!!!!!

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Queens Park Rangers have persuaded manager MIchael Beale to stay with them, rejecting the chance to join Premier League Wolves.

Wolves had held talks with Beale's representatives earlier in the week and personal terms had been agreed for him to move to Molineux.

Wanderers were ready to finalise a deal by paying QPR around £1m to trigger his release clause, but Beale has now informed the Black Country club that he is staying put.

Beale took QPR top of the Championship on Wednesday with a comprehensive 3-0 win over Cardiff City.

Now following extensive talks with QPR director of football Les Ferdinand, Beale has decided that his future is best served at the Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium.

Seems he got cold feet and backtracked

Writer Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Really disappointed and also embarrassed for Wolves. I was excited by this potential direction.

But there's a part of me that thinks very poorly of Beale now too. To agree personal terms and be within an hour or two of signing, and then change your mind (as is being suggested) then that's just very poor form. Good riddance then.

A complete shambles all round. No one comes out of this positively at all.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People now getting upset about someone hardly anyone knew about last week. If he doesn't want to come, **** him and move on. Stick with the caretakers until after the world Cup, and put in much due diligence on finding the next permanent post.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Queens Park Rangers have persuaded manager MIchael Beale to stay with them, rejecting the chance to join Premier League Wolves.

Wolves had held talks with Beale's representatives earlier in the week and personal terms had been agreed for him to move to Molineux.

Wanderers were ready to finalise a deal by paying QPR around £1m to trigger his release clause, but Beale has now informed the Black Country club that he is staying put.

Beale took QPR top of the Championship on Wednesday with a comprehensive 3-0 win over Cardiff City.

Now following extensive talks with QPR director of football Les Ferdinand, Beale has decided that his future is best served at the Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium.

Seems he got cold feet and backtracked

Sounds reasonable from Beale’s point of view, but just reinforces what an utter shambles our club is and how clueless Shi and Sellars are.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After exhausting his shortlist of actual football managers, Jeff Shi turns his attention to fictional ones.

“Having been recently banned from his favourite New York restaurant, Smithy wanted to come home and try his hand in the Premier League” Shi explained, “he seemed the natural choice.”

View attachment 30926
Had enough of annoying porkers when Moxey was at the club.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People now getting upset about someone hardly anyone knew about last week. If he doesn't want to come, **** him and move on. Stick with the caretakers until after the world Cup, and put in much due diligence on finding the next permanent post.
I don’t trust Shi or Sellars to do due diligence no matter how long they have. Clueless

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What an awful decision from Beale.

If he performs the unlikely and gets QPR promoted what would his next step be? Nobody gets a top six job, so what after that? Villa is highly unlikely in the short-term due to Gerrard. Newcastle will go higher. Maybe Everton?

Other than that we should be the next in line.

So he's working for a year to try and get a job offer like the one he has just received.

Also, all the stats suggest QPR are in a false position and I fully expect them to drop down the league.
The football world are aware that Wolves are a **** show from top to bottom and have two clueless idiots running the club .
Shi is completely out of his depth. They got lucky with Nuno but everyone else has been a disaster. We are currently a poisioned chalice.
Beale has made an informed decision not an awful one.
I wish him all the best.
We will probably now end up with some no mark journey man from Europe and put a few quid in Mendes pocket.
However what needs to happen is...... Its absolutely imperative we stay up so let's appoint someone who has experience within the Premier league, who wants to come and be our manager. Someone with the attributes to galvanise the whole club.

Burford T Justice

Reaction score
This makes me feel a little bit. At least we did tap him up and he just changed his mind.

It's still naivety though.
Completely agree.

This should have all been done without anyone being aware.

No idea how we can keep player movements so quiet but this manager search has leaked like a sieve at so many times

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Upset about not getting him? No. Annoyed at Shi and CO’s ability to attract a manager from the division below? Yes.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We can't just keep throwing away points while we search for a manager... We don't have the time to wait till the World Cup if we wait till then I hate to think what the table will look like!

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The football world are aware that Wolves are a **** show from top to bottom and have two clueless idiots running the club .
Shi is completely out of his depth. They got lucky with Nuno but everyone else has been a disaster. We are currently a poisioned chalice.
Beale has made an informed decision not an awful one.
I wish him all the best.
We will probably now end up with some no mark journey man from Europe and put a few quid in Mendes pocket.
However what needs to happen is...... Its absolutely imperative we stay up so let's appoint someone who has experience within the Premier league, who wants to come and be our manager. Someone with the attributes to galvanise the whole club.
A bearded chap from Portugal is the only thing that can turn this *********** around!

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Article by Graham Bailey makes me feel slightly better, you can understand if we’d had personal terms agreed why we’d be confident, but deary me, if les Ferdinand has better persuasion skills than Jeff Shi, that would indicate we need a director of football in urgently surely?

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I bet he could cold feet after his side went top yesterday.

I have no issue with him turning us down. I actually respect him for it.

I just can't believe that our boardroom team have approached a manager after publically courting him for a week who isn't interested. I mean...how painfully naive can you be in modern football to allow that to happen?

Without Mendes, we have absolutely no footballing nous.
Wolves have been one giant fluke after another under their stewardship.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I bet he could cold feet after his side went top yesterday.

I have no issue with him turning us down. I actually respect him for it.

I just can't believe that our boardroom team have approached a manager after publically courting him for a week who isn't interested. I mean...how painfully naive can you be in modern football to allow that to happen?

Without Mendes, we have absolutely no footballing nous.
Absolutely

Burford T Justice

Reaction score
Not sure people are upset about Beale particularly, more the way this manager search has been a public circus and an embarrassing failure by the club

bigbadwolftoo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After Palace I wouldn't rely on the present lot to make anything like decent decisions. Waiting until after the world cup could well be too late, IMHO.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is what he said before he made his decision.

"It's 100 per cent a dream of mine to manage in the Premier League. That's not a secret. But it has to be the right opportunity, the right moment and the right club, and they would have to give me a really clear understanding of where that club is going"

Make your own conclusions .

LosgallardosWolf

Reaction score
It's the fact that he agreed to come and then changes his mind. Obviously something shi said didn't sit right. But as someone else said nobody comes out of this looking good. I don't care about the ****ney ****, hope QPR fade away, but where do we go now. My club, our club look absolutely clueless.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I must say, I do find some of the comments about Shi puzzling. The man has been in post for years and surely by now knows a lot about running a football business. He must either be stupid, which is unlikely, or he knows more than many credit him, but the job is not as simple as some on here think?

top fox wolf

Reaction score
Sounds reasonable from Beale’s point of view, but just reinforces what an utter shambles our club is and how clueless Shi and Sellars are.
O k I'm available with my number 2 John.worthington ........and yes I do have the experience get us in now .....

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Completely agree.

This should have all been done without anyone being aware.

No idea how we can keep player movements so quiet but this manager search has leaked like a sieve at so many times

Without knowing the sources who leaked it, may not be the club or if it is say sellers feeding info out then, I don't know how he can stay in the job

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure people are upset about Beale particularly, more the way this manager search has been a public circus and an embarrassing failure by the club
This is it. Just another sign this football club is ran by people who don't know how to run a football club. One way or another this is going to end up with relegation from the Premier League imo.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's the fact that he agreed to come and then changes his mind. Obviously something shi said didn't sit right. But as someone else said nobody comes out of this looking good. I don't care about the ****ney ****, hope QPR fade away, but where do we go now. My club, our club look absolutely clueless.
Agreed, it casts us in an amateurish light.

Back
Top Bottom