Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Michael Beale poll

Happy or unhappy at potential new coach appointment?

• Happy with potential appointment

Votes: 201 38.7%
  • Unhappy with potential appointment

Votes: 110 21.2%
  • On the fence/Undecided

Votes: 209 40.2%

• Total voters

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In reality I'm on the fence. He's done great at QPR, but that's really all we know.

However, I voted happy. Because I'm happy someone is coming in. The Palace game has left such a sour taste in my mouth. Those substitutions were bush league.

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hoping this is 2022's version of would you take 6th. Where we all look back and go wow!

Not sure how anyone can be anything other than on the fence with this one?

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is a mostly rational and well articulated post but the part highlighted above is hyperbole and undermines the overall integrity of your statement.

I think you misconstrue 'self-promotion' frenzy as someone who seems genuinely passionate about coaching and his philosophies. If you actually watch the YouTube clips with the so-called "platitudes" you mention (again, a needless inflammatory description used for impact) - they are on accounts which are unbelievably humble and not outlets someone would prioritize if their goal was indeed self-promotion at all costs. Videos with between 5k-40k views. Very, very small time.

Flipping the narrative, one could argue that only someone with true coaching passion would front up to channels that are frankly beneath him based on his profile at the time of doing them and be so generous.

Similarly, a 20 year career in football - split across 6 employers - hardly gives gravitas to your 'flip-flopping' and progressing up the chain too quickly argument. 15 years in Chelsea & Liverpool academies, followed by assistant roles at Sau Paulo, Rangers & Villa seems a reasonable progression to someone being offered (by 6-7 clubs no less) a managerial appointment.

I agree with you that based on his experience as a stand alone manager, it's not a typical pedigree for a Premier League assignment but don't ruin a largely pragmatic post with needless, fact-less inflammation.
You are right of course, either perspective or anywhere in between could be true. I've tried to use the word seemingly to convey an element of doubt to a hypothesis I'm not even sure I believe or support - even if he has engineered his personal brand deliberately who can blame him for wanting to progress? He's making up for lost time - this isn't necessarily a bad thing as I probably failed to adequately point out, but it does mean he's maybe failed to lay foundations we will probably need this season.

Regarding his flip-flopping, again that's just more recently, but again who can blame him for being ambitious and making up for lost time?

My issue isn't with Beale. If he does become a success nobody will be happier than me. My issue is with the two fools that left us in the position where the only option was seemingly Beale or Bosz when I don't believe, with the appropriate level of due diligence (both during and post- Bruno), a club in our position should ever be facing such a conundrum

Last edited:

Pseudonym

Groupie
Reaction score
You are right of course, either perspective or anywhere in between could be true. I've tried to use the word seemingly to convey an element of doubt to a hypothesis I'm not even sure I believe or support - even if he has engineered his personal brand deliberately who can blame him for wanting to progress? He's making up for lost time - this isn't necessarily a bad thing as I probably failed to adequately point out, but it does mean he's maybe failed to lay foundations we will probably need this season.

Regarding his flip-flopping, again that's just more recently, but again who can blame him for being ambitious and making up for lost time?

My issue isn't with Beale. If he does become a success nobody will be happier than me. My issue is with the two that left us in the position where the only option was seemingly Beale or Bosz when I don't believe, with the appropriate level of due diligence (both during and post- Bruno), a club in our position should ever be facing such a conundrum

Completely in agreement on this front.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's all academic now!!!
We're starting to look like a basket case of a club now and only those at the top can be blamed!
Oh dear!!!

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair play to Beale. He's made the right decision - this job is too soon for him. QPR are fortunate to have him

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well if this poll is anything to go by, over 60% of our support either didn’t want him or we’re not convinced that he was the right man for the job!

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well if this poll is anything to go by, over 60% of our support either didn’t want him or we’re not convinced that he was the right man for the job!
And most of the 40% that did only said they wanted him because he wasn't Bosz or Edwards

Back
Top Bottom