Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Michael Beale... NO....NO....NO....

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The stars are aligning. GO is on a one way journey out of Wolves, and if he carries on like this, Beale likewise at Rangers. We will finally get our man, after only one year this time, not seven!

Oh god, it’s driven me to a pouring a glass of wine :(

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Outplayed Celtic today so I don't think he deserves too much criticism. Celtic are a good side.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The stars are aligning. GO is on a one way journey out of Wolves, and if he carries on like this, Beale likewise at Rangers. We will finally get our man, after only one year this time, not seven!

Oh god, it’s driven me to a pouring a glass of wine :(
Jeez that feels like Dumb or Dumber?

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rangers beat Servette 2-1 at home last night. Servette had 8 first team players missing and also played a half hour with 10 men. Listen to David Brent. I'm glad we got Gary O'Neil over this clown

I think the correct answer is don't let Hobbs pick a manager. I think he's trying to be the smartest man in the room. Getting the superstar manager before anybody else. When as a premier league club. You can just get a real good, proven highly reputable one and not worry about it.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the correct answer is don't let Hobbs pick a manager. I think he's trying to be the smartest man in the room. Getting the superstar manager before anybody else. When as a premier league club. You can just get a real good, proven highly reputable one and not worry about it.
The problem there is if Hobbs doesn't do it then either Shi or Uncle Jorge (those may be the same thing, lol) do...

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem there is if Hobbs doesn't do it then either Shi or Uncle Jorge (those may be the same thing, lol) do...

The problem is that Hobbs is taking unnecessary risks for reasons that can only be attributed to vanity. Doesn't matter to him if it ****s up - all the flak goes to Fosun and he still somehow maintains a good image (despite not actually every achieving anything - maybe he's just got client journalists on side to write puff pieces?).

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Id actually take Beale over GON that's how bad it is and Lage is better than the pair of them.

What a **** show.

I feel like I've walked into the PE teachers break room looking at those names. Christ

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The fact that we even considered this bloke should already have had red flashing lights and sirens blaring in the mind of every Wolves fan when it comes to the ability of Wolves' present "footballing hierarchy" to identify a head coach ready to take on a struggling PL side like Wolves.

Appointing a coach rejected by Bournemouth as not being good enough is just the next logical step.

Now that Shi has exhausted the two names that Mendes gave him on day 1 of his job back in 2016 in Lopetegui and Nuno I hate to think where we would go from here.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The fact that we even considered this bloke should already have had red flashing lights and sirens blaring in the mind of every Wolves fan when it comes to the ability of Wolves' present "footballing hierarchy" to identify a head coach ready to take on a struggling PL side like Wolves.

Appointing a coach rejected by Bournemouth as not being good enough is just the next logical step.

Now that Shi has exhausted the two names that Mendes gave him on day 1 of his job back in 2016 in Lopetegui and Nuno I hate to think where we would go from here.
If, as distinctly possible, we go back to the Mendes option it will probably be Gattuso....

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mentioned it on another thread, but this is actually a massive red flag against Hobbs, which in turn leads to more doubts about O'Neil.

I know most don't follow Scottish football on here, but I do. And, Celtic winning in the manner they did today was incredible given the team they had.

Firstly, 50,000 fans in your favour is massive in one of the biggest derby games in world football. Yet, first half it was a tactical/footballing lesson from Celtic/Rodgers. Spare man every time, could beat the press at will.

In the end, Rangers realised they could get success by going long. It was long ball up to the 4th and 5th choice centre-backs. That's the only way Celtic struggled, when Rangers played like a non-league team, and that's because the defence was not up to it.

Celtic spent the last half hour with their reserve full-backs and the 4th and 5th choice central defenders. For so long at Ibrox.

Again, some won't care, but it's genuinely worrying that the guy controlling our footballing future thought Beale was the answer.

Last edited:

loppers86

Reaction score
It's a shambles and we won't be as lucky this year I feel, its been 3 years coming and fully expect us to go down.
yep. we’ve gone. probably with least points, least goals, longest winless run and all kinds of embarrassing records.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At least the Mendes managers actually had a bit about them. Hobbs' choice had barely managed any games.

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I hope I’m wrong on this but if we and Luton get relegated, I think we’ll start next season with Rob Edwards as our manager.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just been reading the Rangers forum 'The Bear Pit'. Reckon he'll be available soon.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope I’m wrong on this but if we and Luton get relegated, I think we’ll start next season with Rob Edwards as our manager.

Was thinking on Friday night he'll be our manager by mid-November.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Outplayed Celtic today so I don't think he deserves too much criticism. Celtic are a good side.
Celtic had players missing and still won while not playing well at all. Kyogo should of scored 3.
Rangers looked like they were set up by a PE teacher first half it was embarrassing I've never seen a team press so badly

How this guy is managing a club the size of rangers is beyond me

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As sad as it is we are basically fkd until they sell all we will do for the foreseeable is hope to avoid relegation. Footballing purgatory. What’s the point?

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Based on the recommendation from the bloke who is now in charge of our footballing strategy....
Hobbs is a clown, that much is clear. Went after Beale but ultimately ended up with GON instead. Two laughable choices for a club that had bloody European football only a few years ago.

Are we sure he isn't an alter ego of Farage?

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As sad as it is we are basically fkd until they sell all we will do for the foreseeable is hope to avoid relegation. Footballing purgatory. What’s the point?
Indeed, the best we can hope for is ****e, uninspiring football while somehow keeping our heads above water.

FOSUN need to go.

T

TheConcourse

I mentioned it on another thread, but this is actually a massive red flag against Hobbs, which in turn leads to more doubts about O'Neil.

I know most don't follow Scottish football on here, but I do. And, Celtic winning in the manner they did today was incredible given the team they had.

Firstly, 50,000 fans in your favour is massive in one of the biggest derby games in world football. Yet, first half it was a tactical/footballing lesson from Celtic/Rodgers. Spare man every time, could beat the press at will.

In the end, Rangers realised they could get success by going long. It was long ball up to the 4th and 5th choice centre-backs. That's the only way Celtic struggled, when Rangers played like a non-league team, and that's because the defence was not up to it.

Celtic spent the last half hour with their reserve full-backs and the 4th and 5th choice central defenders. For so long at Ibrox.

Again, some won't care, but it's genuinely worrying that the guy controlling our footballing future thought Beale was the answer.
Totally agree. Huge red flags and question marks over Hobbs too at the moment.

Huge responsibility for a guy who is relatively green.

It’s one thing having a pipeline of talent for a mad trolley dash, and he executed it well in the final 48 hours of the transfer window, but we don’t about any of the players he’s brought in yet.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Whilst his player recruitment has been decent so far (we will see about the summer signings), his choice of managers doesn't seem very good. It's as if he's obsessed with finding the next young English up and comer, rather than going for someone who is proven at a high level. It's a strategy that has more risk than reward in my view.

Andi130

Reaction score
Whilst his player recruitment has been decent so far (we will see about the summer signings), his choice of managers doesn't seem very good. It's as if he's obsessed with finding the next young English up and comer, rather than going for someone who is proven at a high level. It's a strategy that has more risk than reward in my view.
Honest question, and more of a discussion point. Do you really think Hobbs recruitment has been good so far? I keep toying with this one, but the only players that have actually demonstrated yet(from the last 2/3 seasons) with consistency IMO are Lemina and Dawson. You could certainly argue there's lots of potential, but I've not been able to convince myself otherwise when I stand back and consider the impact 'his" players have actually had. Cunha and Sarabia excluded, as I suspect they we're more Lop picks than Hobbs.

Last edited:

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Rangers have moved quickly to refute claims the one & only K Muscat is being lined up as Beale's replacement (so expect to see him there next week). Beale aint the answer should GON be shelved.

Back
Top Bottom