Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Max Killman skills

donwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sorry about that, I'm pretty useless at adding links

JimB

Groupie
Reaction score
Great skills by MK, makes you wonder why he isn’t playing regularly? But when do you get chance to do those kinds of skills in a game?
He’s obviously a talented lad, and a natural footballer. Confident with the ball, something rare in a defender. Hope we don’t let him go anywhere.
The goal keeper is good though!

Tufts back

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Great skills. But no pressure or opposition.
im sure he will be a great player know

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
A very enjoyable watch, thanks donwolf.

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't believe that we would have lost 4-0 last weekend had he been playing. I have noticed that he is prepared to stand up for himself and would not have allowed Woods to bully him the way the defence of last weekend did.
Agreed.

He’s done little wrong when Nuno went to him in desperation, to get dumped when Nuno has his old guard available again. I don’t think he will fit in the Nuno scheme, likely to get sold on IMO, sadly.

D

Deleted member 11332

Great skills by MK, makes you wonder why he isn’t playing regularly? But when do you get chance to do those kinds of skills in a game?
He’s obviously a talented lad, and a natural footballer. Confident with the ball, something rare in a defender. Hope we don’t let him go anywhere.

You don't, that's why freestylers get nowhere near pro football as a lot of it is absolutely useless in a game scenario. I'd imagine every professional footballer could do the things in this clip, I could do most of them myself.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
REALLY HOPE Max is given more game time, before the end of season.
I've ALWAYS been impressed, whenever he's played.
Wish Nuno felt the same.
Don't want to see him moved on, during the next window.
He's well good and deserves more respect AND encouragement.
I agree with the earlier poster, who said that Burnley wouldn't have humiliated us like they did, if Max had been playing.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great skills Max, and sign the other lad up too lol

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can he teach the donkey how to shoot? Maybe also to pass.

T

TheConcourse

Controversial: Wouldn’t lose sleep if he went. Not good enough positionally.

Clearly decent technically and a strong lad, but the answer to our CB pain isn’t in our squad right now.

Take £5-£10m from a Championship club and run.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A superb footballer, and great athlete.

Has, imo, been badly treated by Nuno this season, where he should have been the trusted first choice.

Problem is he has been up against Saiss, who offers a goal threat, and a lot of commitment. But he did
well when partnered with Boly in a back 4, and at Utd where Saiss played the sweeper role and Coady
played on the right. Apart from the last minute misjudgement, he played superbly against a good Utd attack.

The stats certainly bear out that he should have played more this year:

With Kilman starting: P12 W4 D4 L4 F9 A8 Pts 16 PPG 1.33

Without Kilman: P22 W7 D5 L10 F24 A38 Pts 26 PPG 1.18

Note the drastic reduction in goals conceded per game.

Kilman very rarely makes a mistake and is dominant in the air. In my view a player who would have made
a material difference to this season.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still perplexed as to why he is being so underused in recent months. He looked very solid when he came on and has hardly made any mistakes when he has played this season.

People argue about his pace. How quick were John Terry, Steve Bruce, Tony Adams and Gary Pallister? Very much hope he isnt a player we move on this summer and hugely regret it. Same with MGW.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
John Terry, Gary Pallister, Steve Bruce, Steve Bould, Harry Maguire all not quick to be fair. Even John Stones hasnt got real pace or Ruben Dias.
My post was in reply to whoever said play him in centre midfield. I think he'd be an absolute horror show.

Id say in a straight line race Stones and Dias are significantly quicker.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still perplexed as to why he is being so underused in recent months. He looked very solid when he came on and has hardly made any mistakes when he has played this season.

People argue about his pace. How quick were John Terry, Steve Bruce, Tony Adams and Gary Pallister? Very much hope he isnt a player we move on this summer and hugely regret it. Same with MGW.
Theres a few issues there for me though.

The players you mentioned were all positionally brilliant and normally played in a back 4. Its hard to judge Kilman as hes played pretty much all his games in a back 5 where he gets more protection.

For me what makes me think he wont make it as a top defender is (and this is also a direct comparison to the players you listed) is that he isnt aggressive enough. He's far too passive (for me) to play in a pair rather than a 3.

Going forward I want us to sign a big dominant aggressive CB to partner Boly whilst the likes of Lonwijk, Sanderson, Marques develop. Id be very disappointed if Kilman is still in the squad next season as it'll mean we havent addressed our issues.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My post was in reply to whoever said play him in centre midfield. I think he'd be an absolute horror show.

Id say in a straight line race Stones and Dias are significantly quicker.

I agree with that. No way Kilman could play in central midfield. Not so sure Kilman is quite as slow as made out but could be wrong.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've seen house plants with more mobility than the GK. To be fair many of those shots were perfectly placed next to the post so moving for them would be futile.

Back
Top Bottom