Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Matheus Cunha

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He's amazing.

And at the risk of tempting fate, I'd actually not be surprised if he stays with us a while. He clearly seems to love it here and to love playing for us, and that could count for a lot for him. He somehow seems that kind of person to me; very level-headed.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's amazing.

And at the risk of tempting fate, I'd actually not be surprised if he stays with us a while. He clearly seems to love it here and to love playing for us, and that could count for a lot for him. He somehow seems that kind of person to me; very level-headed.
Think it might be quite similar to Raúl in the sense he's been at a huge club and experienced being a fringe player, whereas here he's one of the first names on the team sheet. So I doubt he'll be in a major rush to move on (as long as we start pushing that top six, top seven), but maybe when he's 26-27 he'll see that as the time to have another go at moving to a huge club

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he's at the level where the absolute elite clubs start sniffing about, regardless of the price tag. What he can do could suit any team in world football. He's a major reason why we've gone from struggling to score goals, to scoring for fun.

Neto gets all the attention from the mainstream media, and I don't mean this in a disrespectful way, but I think Cunha is much more valuable to us.

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he's at the level where the absolute elite clubs start sniffing about, regardless of the price tag. What he can do could suit any team in world football. He's a major reason why we've gone from struggling to score goals, to scoring for fun.

Neto gets all the attention from the mainstream media, and I don't mean this in a disrespectful way, but I think Cunha is much more valuable to us.
United paid £80m or whatever it was for Anthony, Chelsea paid £80m odd for Mudryk. How much is Cunha worth?

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Massively . He’s a £100 million player though and no one is paying that

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s our new Jimenez and Jota rolled into one player.

Always playing on the front foot and scoring or making goals. Quick, intelligent and a real team man.

Great player.
I was thinking about him compared to Jimenez during the game. Hard to think anyone could come near to Jimenez in his glorious prime but it's a close thing?

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think it might be quite similar to Raúl in the sense he's been at a huge club and experienced being a fringe player, whereas here he's one of the first names on the team sheet. So I doubt he'll be in a major rush to move on (as long as we start pushing that top six, top seven), but maybe when he's 26-27 he'll see that as the time to have another go at moving to a huge club
I think - and hope - you're correct. To me he reminds me of Neves in terms of attitude and mindset.

loppers86

Reaction score
he is probably the best all round forward in the premier league at moment. i certainly wouldn’t swap him for Grealish.

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really hope he stays with us for a long time. He's had a taste of being at a big club and rode their bench 90% of the time. Hopefully he appreciates being with us and playing every minute for fans who adore him.

Woolywolf

Reaction score
There’s a lesson here for us the next time a player doesn’t immediately hit the floor running, regardless of price. The pace of the league, getting familiar with the role and style of play, and settling into a new area can all take there toll in different ways. Patience and support is a gift

Rowzed

Reaction score
There’s a lesson here for us the next time a player doesn’t immediately hit the floor running, regardless of price. The pace of the league, getting familiar with the role and style of play, and settling into a new area can all take there toll in different ways. Patience and support is a gift
Was thinking about this with respect to referees earlier today.

There are some good referees and some poor ones, just like players and coaches. I was at the match on Thursday and thought the ref did well. He let the play flow, ignored a few dives and booked players for wasting time and cynical fouls. Yet earlier in the season he had a couple of shockers.

They learn their trade in a very critical environment and if they’ve never reffed in the prem before it must require some adjustment. Players often take a season to get up to speed, perhaps refs are the same?

I must try to be more forgiving in future
……

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is he suspended next game as he’s picked up 5 yellow cards

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lopetegui was right about the Cunha purchase. Pity he didn’t want to stick around to bring the best out of his signings.

Back
Top Bottom