Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Matheus Cunha

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As good was we were, the subs showed the difference. All 3 are better goalscorers than the starting 3x and we simply have to play silva or sasa from the start for a few games. Both made an immediate impact.

We may play slightly less well but without a goalscoring threat we lose anyway.

We need to see which player works best with cunha, and we know neither are 90 min players. Sasa's injury record says to me that he should be doing 60-70 mins and not 90.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cunha as a 10, Fabio up front for now - give them a six game run together then re-assess.....with Sasa becoming more and more match fit in the background.

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I thought there was some confusion about who played where when Sasa and Fabio came on. Several times, including the penalty shout, where 2 players went for the same ball. It should be ironed out with more time playing together and probably results in their later introduction to training and preseason?

A wanderer from Bristol

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One thing from the interview Hobbs did re Bellegarde. He mentioned that Cunha had picked up the two new South American players, and brought them to training and made sure they are comfortable. He seemed to do the same with Joao Gomes earlier in the year.

I love him as a player, but really important not to underestimate how important he is to the whole wellbeing of the squad. From his first interview when he signed in January, it was clear that he had a positivity that appeared infectious to the other players in the group. No Small thing for a side bottom of the table with a group low on confidence.

I know he ultimately has to deliver on the pitch, but if he can maintain the form of the first two games, he really will be the all round package

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One thing from the interview Hobbs did re Bellegarde. He mentioned that Cunha had picked up the two new South American players, and brought them to training and made sure they are comfortable. He seemed to do the same with Joao Gomes earlier in the year.

I love him as a player, but really important not to underestimate how important he is to the whole wellbeing of the squad. From his first interview when he signed in January, it was clear that he had a positivity that appeared infectious to the other players in the group. No Small thing for a side bottom of the table with a group low on confidence.

I know he ultimately has to deliver on the pitch, but if he can maintain the form of the first two games, he really will be the all round package
Yes agree, there are signs of a collective spirit amongst some of the players that will make it easier for the new arrivals to integrate.
We all have to recognise the massive change in circumstances for these young men, looking at Enso 18 years and three his stuff in a bag and flew to a different country, I hope we show them all the Wolves love.

Cuban Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
In the Sasa video, Sasa referred to Cunha as helping him to settle in after coimng back from surgery, and that Cunha can speak five laguages fluently.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Bang on

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
If you follow Cunha on Instagram (well worth it) his videos inside the dressing room are great. This week Joao Gomes has had some Portuguese-English vocabulary on his locker door to help him learn, Cunha has been ripping him about it.

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can see he’s not an out and out goal scorer but offers more to the team …….Predict he’ll come good and be the next to be poached by a ‘big club’

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For all the stick that Fabio seems to be getting, Cunha seems to be getting very little - especially for the fee we played for him. He’s clearly a good player but he’s not actually contributed much himself barring the Utd game at the start of the season.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For all the stick that Fabio seems to be getting, Cunha seems to be getting very little - especially for the fee we played for him. He’s clearly a good player but he’s not actually contributed much himself barring the Utd game at the start of the season.
Cunha 3 goals in 21 games. Most full(ish) games.
Silva 4 goals in 57 games. A lot of bit-part games.

Cunha certainly contributed more than Fabio, but would agree, not enough taking into account the fee.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cunha is by far our most exciting player. Took Man United apart with driving runs from midfield. However, he can go missing and we can't expect him to score many goals. Great to watch, but not worth the fee we paid.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cunha is by far our most exciting player. Took Man United apart with driving runs from midfield. However, he can go missing and we can't expect him to score many goals. Great to watch, but not worth the fee we paid.

Funny, I could have read the exact same thing said by one or two Wolves players in recent years!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We had to pay a higher than the summer January transfer fee, plus a tax on the fact they knew we were desperate……

Quality player but is worth the fee we paid for fabio, not £45m. He does so much of the good work we see and if we lose him for any extended period of time, we really are in trouble.

But players have nothing to do with their fees, so it is harsh to judge and criticise them for this. Criticise the club for over paying, not the player for not living up to an overpriced fee they have no part in.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's almost like he's been told by the coaching "master-crew" to rein himself in....

Reactions: Ned

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funny, I could have read the exact same thing said by one or two Wolves players in recent years!
"By" or "about"? If the latter l agree. Does beg the question about whether it's the players or how we play which is the issue.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last two games he's been a completely different one to the player we saw against Utd and Brighton and not in a good way.

We've not seen him carrying the ball in either game nor his out of possession work rate, setting the press, both which worked really well for us.

I'm hoping the knock he took v Everton might be more the reason rather than the new coaching staff.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last two games he's been a completely different one to the player we saw against Utd and Brighton and not in a good way.

We've not seen him carrying the ball in either game nor his out of possession work rate, setting the press, both which worked really well for us.

I'm hoping the knock he took v Everton might be more the reason rather than the new coaching staff.
Cunha has noticeably been playing as the furthest forward with Fabio seeming to drop deeper.

We all feel that he is far more effective playing a deeper role to carry the ball into and just not play up against 2 cfs with his back to goal all the time.

We can only assume that our coaches must have spotted the same. It's one of the most obvious spots in all of this.

Which would mean, by logic, that Cunha has taken it upon himself to play this way, for his own reasons.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He had a poor game against Palace but more often than not he's the best player on the pitch for us. Don't think he's been helped by having to play with Silva who just isn't working.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think it's the athleticism of Everton and Palace.

Gueye and Onana at Eveton.
Lerma and Doucoure at Palace.

Both those midfields can nullify any pace/power, so not overly concerned by that yet, as there won't be many other midfields that have such pace/power and defensive ability with both players.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to get him on the ball and running at defenders (and Neto, and RAN and Doc!)

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love Cunha and think he's a very talented player but do think he set the tone for our attacking performance on Sunday with a couple of really poor, lazy passes early on giving the ball away very cheaply in promising positions

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love Cunha and think he's a very talented player but do think he set the tone for our attacking performance on Sunday with a couple of really poor, lazy passes early on giving the ball away very cheaply in promising positions
I’d drop him

Clearly needs a wake up call

Strolls around like he’s Ronaldo never see any urgency in his game which I find very, very frustrating whilst watching Wolverhampton Wanderers

Back
Top Bottom