Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Matheus Cunha

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When he picks the ball up in the centre circle, skips, breaks tackles and just races away from players he's an absolute monster and there's no doubt that's his best role. A natural finisher he is not to my eyes, at the moment... he badly needs a couple of chances to go in and perhaps we'll see that side of his game blossom.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would like to think he will score an absolute banger soon and then it will click in front of goal for him..

Thiery Henry had a period where he couldn’t find the net before Arsenal.. maybe a reach.. but I see similarities.

Rowzed

Reaction score
Definitely not a dud
would help if he scored but will make no end of chances for someone as he runs midfields and defences ragged
the odd goal from time to time would help enormously
Reminds me a bit of Joe Linton and Almiron before Isaac arrived

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cunha is not an out and out striker CAM player at the best. Fabio, Sasa and Fraser are strikers that’s all we have

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Very much like Jota who was also the opposite of clinical.

Needs a striker up top alongside him and he will thrive but I can see why O'Neil selected who he did.

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really proud tonight Thought we played great, was Rashford, Fernandez, Camerez, Anthony, Mount, Hilda Ogden on the pitch? You would not have thought so, we looked drilled and tight , should have had at least three. For a side supposedly in trouble I am delighted at that display, yes it was a blatant penalty you can’t attack another player like that keeper or not. I have not felt as good as this in what I have seen since the beginning of Nuno. We have s as style and players to execute it.Cunha Gomes Limela Sarabia best display in a Wolves shirt yet, could not fault G O at all good selection and subs. I just hope we can perform against the likes of Palace Villa Luton etc. Hope we don’t lose Silva he could well be off

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everyone can see it except the manager. Start Silva, not Sarabia

Having said that, it’s hard to say how much impact Sarabia had defensively which Silva wouldn’t have had

Howler

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I would honestly play a 4,2,3,1. Stick silva up top, have Cunha in behind him and Neto with nunes either side

It picks itself at home, Lemina and Gomes do not need help savaging a centre midfield - they are deadset maniacs. Get Sarabia out of the way, Silva up top and attack like mad men and the goals will flow.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Immense performance, if only he could score goals!
Mind you, if he could, would he be at Wolves?!!!!

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Cunha looks a real talent. Needs to be more composed in front of goal though. His driving runs through the middle tonight brought back shades of Jota from 3-4 years back. Who needs Alex Scott?

Away from home, I’m hoping O’Neil sets us up like Bournemouth last season to break fast on the counter as we have the players this year. Cunha, Lemina, Nunes, Neto and RAN all have the ability to work the ball out of a tight space to beat the press and accelerate away on the counter. If we counter dynamically and commit men forward like we did tonight, surely we’ll pick up more points away from home than last season when it was all a bit safety first and turgid both pre- and post- Lopetegui.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Finishing-wise, he reminds me of those good championship strikers who need 5 huge chances a game to get one.

stlwildcats

Reaction score
Cunha put in an Adama performance. Big, physical, great runs, not much in front of goal. Think he will provide a lot, but not sure I see him leading the line. Maybe once he gets one it will start flooding in

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly. A player who can do what he does and score goals is basically 3 times that price.
Think I would rather a player that does less of what we saw last night, but can score goals, for the price we paid. As I said in the verdict thread, Cunha had a good game, carrying the ball on occasion after occasion. He was genuinely a delight to watch, until the final 18 yards. Then....
We badly needed goals when Loppy signed him for what most have thought was over the top. He badly needs to start scoring (along with others), for us to avoid yet another disappointing season which might result in a disastrous relegation.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cunha's finishing wasn't totally erratic, he went pretty close on three occasions. Should have buried the one where he hit the post obvs and the less said about that free header the better, but he wasn't shanking stuff into Row Z. If the guy can somehow add regular goals to his game, which there's actually no reason to suggest he can't do based on ability, £40 million would end up looking a steal? His running with the ball was outstanding last night. Go on the Utd forum or twitter and they had plenty of fans suggesting they buy him.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Clearly a very classy footballer. Jason Cundy described him as like watching Thierry Henry when running with the ball at the Man U defence - and you can see it. Just needs to start finding the net. Find it half as much as Henry did and he'll be a wonderful player

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Man Utd fans raving about him on the metro last night, and Bueno strangely because I thought he was quiet.

Back
Top Bottom