Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Massive in China

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We had a bad transfer window - absolutely - but important to remember they have put in a LOT of money.
Every positive that comes out is countered by the same criticisms by the same posters ad nauseam. It's already tiresome. I don't think there's any way back for Fosun in the eyes of some, who won't be gratified unless they hound the Chinese out. Careful what you wish for, better the devil... And all that.

Last edited:

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every positive that comes out is countered by the same criticisms by the same posters ad nauseam. It's already tiresome. I don't think there's any way back for Fosun in the eyes of some, who won't be gratified unless they bound the Chinese out. Careful what you wish for, better the devil... And all that.
bet you weren`t saying that about the bhattis!

HKWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Every positive that comes out is countered by the same criticisms by the same posters ad nauseam. It's already tiresome. I don't think there's any way back for Fosun in the eyes of some, who won't be gratified unless they bound the Chinese out. Careful what you wish for, better the devil... And all that.
Whilst I think this may be true for some, I think most people are just frustrated at the repeated and constant failings with regards to recruitment, and the missed opportunities that keep being passed up.

There are parts of the club that are run really well, but other parts are just amateur. If lessons appear to be learnt, failing departments are cleared out (see the medical department as an example of this), then I am sure most fans will be back on board.

There are certainly positives out there; the new manager seems a great appointment, the players signed all look to be good players, reviewing the medical department was necessary and the kits/clothing ranges are great. Unfortunately for Jeff though, actions are being judged and the failure to address the gaping holes in the squad, an increase in ticket prices, the messing around with loyalty points, stadium redevelopment seemingly abandoned whilst areas become condemned (temporary stand), and suddenly people are seeing a lot more negatives than positives. Addressing the recruitment team would probably bring most people back on board, but that means getting rid of his yes man, Sellers.

Edit: and Vinny Clarke. I can’t forget the new Moxey. The very definition of penny wise pound foolish.

Last edited:

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
looks a sparsely stocked shop to me.
Minimalism in retail design is an in thing over the past few years

Supposedly allows the product to be the focus without too many distractions. Spacious, minimalist style floor plans also supposedly promote a peaceful environment away from the busy high street - mimicking the environment that many people may prefer, indicative of shopping online.

A shop that’s free from clutter also means that staff will be able to notice shoppers, and consequently spend more time greeting them and offering assistance when required.

So goes the theory anyway. Personally I prefer online however if I did go into a shop I prefer a clear layout over clutter so I can see what they’re getting at

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst I think this may be true for some, I think most people are just frustrated at the repeated and constant failings with regards to recruitment, and the missed opportunities that keep being passed up.

There are parts of the club that are run really well, but other parts are just amateur. If lessons appear to be learnt, failing departments are cleared out (see the medical department as an example of this), then I am sure most fans will be back on board.

There are certainly positives out there; the new manager seems a great appointment, the players signed all look to be good players, reviewing the medical department was necessary and the kits/clothing ranges are great. Unfortunately for Jeff though, actions are being judged and the failure to address the gaping holes in the squad, an increase in ticket prices, the messing around with loyalty points, stadium redevelopment seemingly abandoned whilst areas become condemned (temporary stand), and suddenly people are seeing a lot more negatives than positives. Addressing the recruitment team would probably bring most people back on board, but that means getting rid of his yes man, Sellers.

Edit: and Vinny Clarke. I can’t forget the new Moxey. The very definition of penny wise pound foolish.
That's a measured response. I have no problem with deserved criticism. It's the cry baby approach of criticising every little thing because you're unhappy with a few things.

Comparing Fosun to the Bhatti's is just ridiculous. There's a stark difference between making money out of a football club by investing and growing its brand than sucking the life out of it and stripping its assets.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
bet you weren`t saying that about the bhattis!
In a way the Bhattis were the most honest ownwrs we had. They never claimed they were interested in the club only the business opportunity that would have happened if the proposed scheme had gone ahead. Once it was rejected the Bhattis were not one bit interestd but were open about that.
Fosun are an investment company and as such you would expect them to look after their investment. How they do it is unfortunately out of our hands but that does not stop and supporter being able to air their views one way or the other.
The premier league is competitive but lucrative and if Fosun claim to want to see this club competing at the top they need to invest to match that. If anyone has read the highly regarded business guru then they will know he says do not promise anything you cannot deliver.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's quite odd, no? Have we partnered with 2k then?

No idea. I'm guessing it means people can buy Wolves merchandise for their avatar to wear in the online gaming in NBA 2K games. Not my thing, but I think it is a massive market for that game.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've just seen this pop up on the NBA's social media page too. Looks like Wolves will be a brand with the NBA 2K game.

View attachment 23775

I’m assuming a mixture of our growing clothing brand and esports tie up?

Or, perhaps Vinny has jumped on the buy Asda site campaign and is thinking of building a basketball stadium there!

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m assuming a mixture of our growing clothing brand and esports tie up?

Or, perhaps Vinny has jumped on the buy Asda site campaign and is thinking of building a basketball stadium there!

They have Esports leagues in the NBA 2K game. I think it's quite popular on YouTube with people watching it. I guess if they can get a popular YouTuber using the Wolves kit on there, it opens up the club to loads of publicity in markets they wouldn't normally reach.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They have Esports leagues in the NBA 2K game. I think it's quite popular on YouTube with people watching it. I guess if they can get a popular YouTuber using the Wolves kit on there, it opens up the club to loads of publicity in markets they wouldn't normally reach.

It’s also getting noticed on Twitter too by the looks of it. Anything which grows brand recognition positively should increase the value of future sponsorship deals. If you look at the biggest clubs, their long term sponsor deals dwarf ours and all that counts to our ability to spend more on players.

MolineuxMixer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every positive that comes out is countered by the same criticisms by the same posters ad nauseam. It's already tiresome. I don't think there's any way back for Fosun in the eyes of some, who won't be gratified unless they hound the Chinese out. Careful what you wish for, better the devil... And all that.
I wonder how many are ****e fans!

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've just seen this pop up on the NBA's social media page too. Looks like Wolves will be a brand with the NBA 2K game.

View attachment 23775

I dont understand? What can the club get from this?
****ing brand.
I think I'm old as only seems like yesturday me and me mates were pishing on weeds at the back of the southbank.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I dont understand? What can the club get from this?
****ing brand.
I think I'm old as only seems like yesturday me and me mates were pishing on weeds at the back of the southbank.
It’s all about commercial exposure isn’t it. The more Wolves’ name and logo is seen worldwide the better.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does the club making money in China help us financially or just as a brand? I’m all for exposing us to new places. Signing players from Asia, South America and Africa could be very lucrative. Hwang for example a clever move

Back
Top Bottom