Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Mason Greenwood to leave Man U

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suspect that they would try for "gross misconduct". The evidence standard is lower than in a criminal trial.
If he wasn’t so good (at football), that would have happened ages ago.
It would make sense now though. ‘Bringing the club into disrepute’ should be manageable.
Most of us can get ourselves fired for making a bell-end of ourselves on social media, never mind something like this.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If a court finds someone innocent then I think you have to respect that, no matter what the court of public opinion might say. If they’re found innocent on a technicality, then I would not feel the same. Likewise if someone mysteriously drops the charges before it goes to court.
The court found Mendy innocent. The crux of the case essentially was, he was only really guilty of being a massive ****. He used his celebrity and cash to (just about) consensually **** as many women as possible, never using protection, and generally treating them like meat.
Not like he kept any of them around long enough to form any systemic abuse. So yeah, an utter, and absolute ****, but not really conclusively guilty of the crimes committed.
Not that many years ago he’d be regarded as a god by menfolk.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope you never, in a similar situation, have to say to a female member of your family, “ ignore him, he’s just being a bit of a ****”. Shocking take.
I’m not condoning anything done by greenwood. Simply saying that somebody will be prepared to take a chance on him. People make mistakes, people change, but I agree I wouldn’t want him near my daughter if I had one.

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some woman who is an assistant on an obscure quiz show states she won't support Manure anymore if Greenwood comes back !
It's all about you isn't it Rachel any little thing however trivial to get you in the papers is exactly what your agent has always advised.
Hey now!

Lay off my celebrity crush :p

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So my prediction of him going to Italy isn’t looking too bad…..

Most interest is from there and then closely followed by turkey and a couple from the other mentioned country Spain …..

Watch him end up in Saudi after a year or two and earn mega bucks

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should never be able to play football again anywhere, in any country. The blokes a ****, if I'd seen evidence someone had done similar to my daughter he wouldn't be able to physically run ever again.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should never be able to play football again anywhere, in any country. The blokes a ****, if I'd seen evidence someone had done similar to my daughter he wouldn't be able to physically run ever again.
The dad loved him before and apparently was defending him after it all came out…..

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
Can I just ask, did she make the recordings and take them to the police?? & who allegedly leaked them to the press, didn't I read somewhere he said that wasn't him on the tapes?? Like most if true, I wouldn't want him anywhere near our team or my daughter, hope he goes abroad and kicks off his career elsewhere, everyone makes mistakes and IMO is entitled to rectify them

Also if again its to be believed and her father is behind him, he's either a **** father or there's more to this than meets the eye

Last edited:

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No. No. No. He should not have the privilege of playing professional football, in the eyes of millions, based on what came out, social media driven or not. Speak to survivors of domestic abuse if you need any further convincing.

So what career should he be allowed to pursue?

How do you decide what jobs people that have done bad things are allowed to do?

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From a football perspective you’d take him tomorrow but the abhorrent things he’s done mean there’s no way I’d ever want him in a wolves shirt. As a father of an 18 year old girl, if we signed him I’d personally return my season ticket of 25 years and not set foot in molineux until he’s gone. Some things go way way above football. As @Pagey said if it was my daughter he’d assaulted he’d not have to worry about playing football again.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The court found Mendy innocent. The crux of the case essentially was, he was only really guilty of being a massive ****. He used his celebrity and cash to (just about) consensually **** as many women as possible, never using protection, and generally treating them like meat.
Not like he kept any of them around long enough to form any systemic abuse. So yeah, an utter, and absolute ****, but not really conclusively guilty of the crimes committed.

If you're white and have big calves you still are!

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The dad loved him before and apparently was defending him after it all came out…..

Playing devils advocate, he wouldn’t be the first parent to turn a blind eye to the failings of their child’s partner, especially if the partner was wealthy and could offer the family things they couldn’t otherwise afford.

To the point of this thread, absolutely no to him coming to Wolves. The stuff shared publicly at the time painted a picture of a right ******* and there was clearly at least some truth to that from his own statement yesterday.

wolfie_tc

Groupie
Reaction score
Someone will take him, their fans will be up in arms then he'll score goals and all will be forgotten. Look at Newcastle, fans morals go out of the window when they are winning games

This unfortunately is most likely the overall outcome.

He can go abroad for a few couple of years (whilst Man U still pays the majority of his £75k a week..), but then get his shout at a mid level championship team (Stoke, QPR et al..) to test the UK waters whilst his PR team work wonders at releasing so many moody interviews of his regret and hope that he can just do his talking on the pitch from now on, being a father has taught him so much blah blah (same PR agency are hopeful he has a daughter, because that's a much easier sell)

He hits 20 in his first season and the 40% of supporters of his new club that actively opposed his signing dwindles down to less than 5%.

He then gets his move to Newcastle where just 5% of the supporters physically protest his signing. The 'not my number 9' banner gets taken down when he hits his 10th of the season never to be seen again.

I always like to say I'm all for second chances but then a case like this comes along and I realise I'm only for it in some circumstances..

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can I just ask, did she make the recordings and take them to the police?? & who allegedly leaked them to the press, didn't I read somewhere he said that wasn't him on the tapes?? Like most if true, I wouldn't want him anywhere near our team or my daughter, hope he goes abroad and kicks off his career elsewhere, everyone makes mistakes and IMO is entitled to rectify them

Also if again its to be believed and her father is behind him, he's either a **** father or there's more to this than meets the eye

The recordings were on her phone, she said that someone hacked into her phone and leaked them allegedly…… interestingly one of the first things a domestic abuse charity will tell you to do is everytime an episode occurs or you sense one about to happen, to try and record it in some manner so you have time stamped recorded evidence, which would make you think it wasn’t the first time it had happened if that was the case.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The recordings were on her phone, she said that someone hacked into her phone and leaked them allegedly…… interestingly one of the first things a domestic abuse charity will tell you to do is everytime an episode occurs or you sense one about to happen, to try and record it in some manner so you have time stamped recorded evidence, which would make you think it wasn’t the first time it had happened if that was the case.
I was given the same advice when I had a shady boss.. make a record of everything that happened on email/recordings etc.. otherwise you can end up in a position of doubt about dates and details, which puts holes into your case. You can end up implicated yourself if unlucky.

This personal hacking that goes on is unreal.. journalists again?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From a football perspective you’d take him tomorrow but the abhorrent things he’s done mean there’s no way I’d ever want him in a wolves shirt. As a father of an 18 year old girl, if we signed him I’d personally return my season ticket of 25 years and not set foot in molineux until he’s gone. Some things go way way above football. As @Pagey said if it was my daughter he’d assaulted he’d not have to worry about playing football again.
As the father of a seven year old daughter l absolutely agree every word of that. I could not support a club that employed him.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suppose that type of menfolk “not many years ago “ spawned him . There will always be ****s . We have to fight them even if somehow they stay within the law .

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Product of his environment. I've seen the vid and I can guarantee you that kind of behaviour is common place in uneducated yoots especially those with money. To add to it, she's forgiven him and is also now the mother of his child.
But let's destroy him anyway like the British press and folk do best. Always need someone to hate.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Being in the spotlight ….that’s the issue……it has some responsibilitie.

A company has the right to sever ties with someone who has a bad rep……whether it’s work related or not or whether they criminal or not.
For example, several years ago a Christian school fired a feamale teacher for posting naked pics of herself in some online dating site……nothing criminal.
And there was the case of some CEO, was caught on elevator cam kicking his dog…….fired.

Several years ago Billy Bob Thornton was, on live Canadian radio, being extreme rude……he is part of a band and within hours, all their shows were cancelled.

Beware those who seek the public eye .

Last edited:

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I get that, but he's young, stupid and made a mistake. Can't recall this amount of vitriol and disgust for Lampard n co when they made an abhorrent and demeaning sex tape featuring a young lady and a bottle. Different times I guess and everyone plays judge n juror in the modern social media age.

• Angry
Reactions: JTM
Reaction score
Product of his environment. I've seen the vid and I can guarantee you that kind of behaviour is common place in uneducated yoots especially those with money. To add to it, she's forgiven him and is also now the mother of his child.
But let's destroy him anyway like the British press and folk do best. Always need someone to hate.
What a shocking take. Plenty of kids who have a poor upbringing dont go on to beat and rape women.

LetTheBullLoose

Reaction score
I get that, but he's young, stupid and made a mistake. Can't recall this amount of vitriol and disgust for Lampard n co when they made an abhorrent and demeaning sex tape featuring a young lady and a bottle. Different times I guess and everyone plays judge n juror in the modern social media age.
He ‘made a mistake’? If this is how you think, then you’re part of the problem of what women face daily.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tough one as if we don’t allow rehabilitation we are a country in trouble, plus Hughes and Norris killed people but played afterwards. But he seems a horrible person listening to those tapes

One thing that would probably help him is a proper public apology, saying he wants to help young men deal with misogyny and he totally condones his behaviour and anyone else who acts like it, but says a lot about him he hasn’t done that, or if he has it’s not been well publicised

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You have to agree with the principle of your post WolfLing, but I wonder how quick her and her family would ‘forgive’ him if he ‘allegedly’ behaved/acted the way he did on a one-night stand and he didn’t have a penny to his name.

He’s filthy rich and I reckon that makes ‘forgiveness’ a lot easier. Some people are incredibly shallow.

Ultimately, it’s her choice and if she’s happy and he’s making a real effort for her and their child. Fair play.

But I don’t think Wolves need more nightmare PR to deal with, personally.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It might not be the best time for him to join a Spanish team.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah because everyone young with money beats and rapes women.

****ing idiot.

Back
Top Bottom