Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Mason Greenwood to leave Man U

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rachel Riley said she would stop supporting Yernited if the club took him back. For that reason alone; I'd have liked the club to re-employ him. :) Plastics!!

Seriously, though. Yernited couldn't do much else.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I know I'll end up regretting this, and inevitably moving the thread as well, but it might as well me me who posts it...
It is an interesting one this….. but the right decision has been made.

As the tapes paint a very nasty and vile image of the person that cannot be disputed in those moments of time. A person who is a vile cohersive Controlling ******** who only cares about his sexual wants even when his partner didn’t.

But…..

His girlfriend, the one in the tapes never wanted charges pressed and while they were legally forced to separated still maintained a sexual relationship with him and got pregnant.

All charges subsequent dropped because of it.

So in the eyes of the law, he isn’t guilty of any crime……

But we all know from the tapes he is more than a bit of wrong’un and bad person. So this decision has to be made to show the values, morals and ethics of Manchester United as a club and massive part of the football comunity here in England and globally.

Man United have made the right moral decision at the end of the day and I applaud them for that!!!

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The courts and the club have done their due diligence and declared him not guilty, yet as Sedgley said, we've all seen and heard what's come out in the media. I won't say much more than that as it's technically libelous, but I am hoping we don't even consider it in the slightest.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Leaving aside discussions on the actual behaviour as that is for another forum section, what is the concensus of opinion on another club taking him on? What if Wolves were to consider it? Can he continue his career?
Duncan (sorry, David) Goodwillie is probably a parallel... clubs have thought they could employ him but then withdrawn once hit by public opinion.

Last edited:

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rachel Riley said she would stop supporting Yernited if the club took him back. For that reason alone; I'd have liked the club to re-employ him. :) Plastics!!

Seriously, though. Yernited couldn't do much else.
Some woman who is an assistant on an obscure quiz show states she won't support Manure anymore if Greenwood comes back !
It's all about you isn't it Rachel any little thing however trivial to get you in the papers is exactly what your agent has always advised.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leaving aside discussions on the actual behaviour as that is for another forum section, what is the concensus of opinion on another club taking him on? What if Wolves were to consider it? Can he continue his career?
Duncan Goodwillie is probably a parallel... clubs have thought they could employ him but then withdrawn once hit by public opinion.

Dont think any club in England will try. He'll end up in Saudi imo

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Duncan Goodwillie is probably a parallel... clubs have thought they could employ him but then withdrawn once hit by public opinion.
I think he'll struggle to find a club that will touch him in this country given the level he would be looking for (PL). No doubt he'll get offers from abroad. As for Wolves, frankly I'd rather we were relegated.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He will never play in the premier league again.

Can see him popping up in Italy or Spain as they have lower “moral standards” when it comes to players.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I reckon a club where the fans are pretty much on board with the manager or owners completely. Brighton?

No chance we could sign him. People have a tantrum because we changed the mascot suit.
I'm not sure how anyone can compare the two issues.

Throwing a tantrum if Greenwood came to Wolves? No, just profound disbelief, disappointment and contempt for those that would make such a decision.

But there's no chance, thank god.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score

Throwing a tantrum if Greenwood came to Wolves? No, just profound disbelief, disappointment and contempt for those that would make such a decision.

That’s my point. There’s genuine anger on this forum and online about things that aren’t important at all. Something like this would be next level, I can’t see with how the club is at the minute, it being anything other than a disaster.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s my point. There’s genuine anger on this forum and online about things that aren’t important at all. Something like this would be next level, I can’t see with how the club is at the minute, it being anything other than a disaster.
Fair enough, I misunderstood.
I'd hope our owners etc have more integrity than to even consider him coming here, regardless of fans' opinions though.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd love to say I cant see a club taking him on anywhere. But well its bound to happen, whatever club does, deserves all the bad things that come with it.

Also what a pathetic statement that is from Utd themselves.
Not in England at least.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Fair enough, I misunderstood.
I'd hope our owners etc have more integrity than to even consider him coming here, regardless of fans' opinions though.
But I think fans opinions are important when it comes to this. If we’re being honest, footballing wise it’s a no brainier. He walks into our team and would be our best centre forward. But with everything that’s happened with him, you have to take on board how the fans would think. Which sounds like is what Utd have done. I think they wanted him back but their fans protests have changed their minds.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Much as l actively distrust our owners and senior management l absolutely agree your last sentence.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But I think fans opinions are important when it comes to this. If we’re being honest, footballing wise it’s a no brainier. He walks into our team and would be our best centre forward. But with everything that’s happened with him, you have to take on board how the fans would think. Which sounds like is what Utd have done. I think they wanted him back but their fans protests have changed their minds.
Not as many fans as you think didn’t think he should come back Jade……..

Talk to fans in the pubs or at work and it is far different to what they say on Twitter……

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting point I just heard on the radio is that lathough Manure are not taking him back they may have to honour his contract as he has been found not fuilty. That would probably mean a fat pay off.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting point I just heard on the radio is that lathough Manure are not taking him back they may have to honour his contract as he has been found not fuilty. That would probably mean a fat pay off.
I suspect that they would try for "gross misconduct". The evidence standard is lower than in a criminal trial.

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't touch the scumbag.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He'll likely end up abroad - Italy or Spain perhaps.

I find the whole situation unpleasant but wouldn't decide not to follow my own team if our owners decided to get an International centre-forward for nowt. Would very much annoy many though and may prove a distraction for whichever club takes that punt.

Aware that I'll likely be in the minority on this.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s the right decision on ethical grounds but United would have also been subject to sponsorship repetitional issues if they hadn’t made this decision so it’s in the lap of the gods what prompted the final outcome as I am unsure why it took so long to make after one one at look at the video. Greenwood will end up in Saudi no doubt.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quite simple for me, he's a fantastic player, but I'd want him nowhere near my club. I thought Utd handled it all really badly and have rightly got major pushback for the way they went about things this past week. It made it look as if they'd decided to bring him back before they'd even really investigated.

We are hardly a goal machine, but I'd be beyond fuming if we signed the bloke. The message it would send would be appalling and he'd be a huge sideshow. Every team in the country would be wanting to do us. Rightly so. I don't think he'll play over here again, at least not this side of 30. He'll scoot off to Turkey or somewhere?

The White Mouse

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The courts and the club have done their due diligence and declared him not guilty, yet as Sedgley said, we've all seen and heard what's come out in the media. I won't say much more than that as it's technically libelous, but I am hoping we don't even consider it in the slightest.

was he found not guilty or were the charges dropped? Big difference…

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suspect that they would try for "gross misconduct". The evidence standard is lower than in a criminal trial.
Yes they could use that to sack him but I doubt if either party would want to go through that route rather than an agreed settlement.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Somebody will take him but I think he will go somewhere like Turkey first. Whatever club takes him over here will need to have the best PR department in the history of football - or just not give a ****.

Taking out the woman beating (at best) sized elephant in the room he’s the exact type of player we need to an absolute tee and way better than anything that we could afford.

But it’s really not worth it.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Somebody will take him but I think he will go somewhere like Turkey first. Whatever club takes him over here will need to have the best PR department in the history of football - or just not give a ****.

Taking out the woman beating (at best) sized elephant in the room he’s the exact type of player we need to an absolute tee and way better than anything that we could afford.

But it’s really not worth it.
More baggage than an A-380!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Something they would win!

As some sponsors will have surely threatened to pull out or reduce the amount at renewal if he was still there.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Given the nature of the statements I'd imagine a financial settlement has already been reached.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
More baggage than an A-380!
Haha, exactly. However I wouldn’t mind betting that a number of PL clubs are currently having very tentative internal discussions and closely monitoring forums/social media for fan reaction to this.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Appreciate the comments about actual behavior, but this should really be what drives the level of public opinion and 'outrage'!

For example, if Wolves wanted to sign Goodwillie, I'd be massively against it. There wasn't enough evidence to convict him from a legal perspective, but it has been proven in a civil court that on the balance of probabilities, he is a rapist.

I can't imagine his victim has forgiven Goodwillie, or that her life will ever be the same, so on that basis, he can rot.

Greenwood had all charges dropped. The 'outrage' associated with Greenwood's case is purely down to what was released on Social Media. He has admitted that he has made mistakes, but we will never know exactly what happened, or the context of those Social Media posts.

The fact that Greenwood is now engaged to Harriet Robson and has a child with her suggests she has forgiven whatever went on. If she has forgiven him, maybe that's enough to realise they are past what happened so publicly? Is that enough for others to forgive what has happened too?

If he has legally done nothing wrong and his victim has forgiven him, surely that's enough to say, fair enough, just get on with it?!

Back
Top Bottom