Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Mason Greenwood to leave Man U

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haha, exactly. However I wouldn’t mind betting that a number of PL clubs are currently having very tentative internal discussions and closely monitoring forums/social media for fan reaction to this.
I can't see any club here touching that with a barge pole for years. You'd have to think of the reaction of your own staff, players and fans. Then start to think about how things would play out if you turned up to play somewhere with him in your team?

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He will never play in the premier league again.

Can see him popping up in Italy or Spain as they have lower “moral standards” when it comes to players.
Unacceptable sir!

NewOrder306

Groupie
Reaction score
He's done, football wise, society wise, credibility, toast.....he should have enough cash for the rest of his life though, a red top will take his story. I get the feeling a few payers are lined up for this kind of thing - not here, rotten to the core, lost his moral compass, above the law....how wrong. Move on. :mad:

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't see any club here touching that with a barge pole for years. You'd have to think of the reaction of your own staff, players and fans. Then start to think about how things would play out if you turned up to play somewhere with him in your team?

I give you Stan Collymore as an example. He is a goal scorer. Someone will take a chance on him at some stage.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gah hate to admit but he would be a good striker for us. But what he’s done is so bad I’m not sure I’d want him but does he deserve a second chance? Ched Evans got one. Maybe it’s worth the gamble for someone like Luton where for example boycott isn’t going to harm them that much

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is an interesting one this….. but the right decision has been made.

As the tapes paint a very nasty and vile image of the person that cannot be disputed in those moments of time. A person who is a vile cohersive Controlling ******** who only cares about his sexual wants even when his partner didn’t.

But…..

His girlfriend, the one in the tapes never wanted charges pressed and while they were legally forced to separated still maintained a sexual relationship with him and got pregnant.

All charges subsequent dropped because of it.

So in the eyes of the law, he isn’t guilty of any crime……

But we all know from the tapes he is more than a bit of wrong’un and bad person. So this decision has to be made to show the values, morals and ethics of Manchester United as a club and massive part of the football comunity here in England and globally.

Man United have made the right moral decision at the end of the day and I applaud them for that!!!
If rumours are true, I certainly wouldn't applaud them. It seems they wanted to take him back but saw the response and thought it was be an awful PR move. Yes I'm cynical, but I believe that's the only reason they have come to this outcome. They're scum for even considering it in the first place.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If rumours are true, I certainly wouldn't applaud them. It seems they wanted to take him back but saw the response and thought it was be an awful PR move. Yes I'm cynical, but I believe that's the only reason they have come to this outcome. They're scum for even considering it in the first place.

Yeah, the public statement a few weeks ago to say, "our internal investigations are still ongoing" was clearly a way of putting the feelers out!!

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gah hate to admit but he would be a good striker for us. But what he’s done is so bad I’m not sure I’d want him but does he deserve a second chance? Ched Evans got one. Maybe it’s worth the gamble for someone like Luton where for example boycott isn’t going to harm them that much
If any English team signs him, they're asking for trouble. I'd be fuming if Wolves considered him and under no circumstance would I support him at our club.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If any English team signs him, they're asking for trouble. I'd be fuming if Wolves considered him and under no circumstance would I support him at our club.

Even if he scored 20 goals a season?

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Lee Hughes could play again, I am sure this cretin will play again somewhere.

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Luton ownership model means they would be one of the last clubs to sign him. Can't see him getting a contract in England.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Leaving aside discussions on the actual behaviour as that is for another forum section, what is the concensus of opinion on another club taking him on? What if Wolves were to consider it? Can he continue his career?
Duncan Goodwillie is probably a parallel... clubs have thought they could employ him but then withdrawn once hit by public opinion.

I'd rather us play in league 2 than consider anybody like him if I'm honest, somethings are much bigger than football.

It says something when people convicted of things similar to which he was accused have to be protected in prison, if Murders, Thieves and other unsavoury characters have standards of which they are below then so should we.

Westbakejazz

Reaction score
Some woman who is an assistant on an obscure quiz show states she won't support Manure anymore if Greenwood comes back !
It's all about you isn't it Rachel any little thing however trivial to get you in the papers is exactly what your agent has always advised.
If you delve deeper you will find there’s a Man U woman’s supporters group who were always against him coming back, Riley just supported them. He could never have gone back to Utd.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree. But although it's very common, you can't just assume that's what has gone on here too, however likely!
I wouldn't assume, but I wouldn't want him playing for Manchester Utd or Wolves

Dragonwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I reckon a club where the fans are pretty much on board with the manager or owners completely. Brighton?

No chance we could sign him. People have a tantrum because we changed the mascot suit.
Suit? What suit? Its a new Wolfie surely :)

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope that if ever sets foot on a pitch again that his career is ended just as swiftly.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting point I just heard on the radio is that lathough Manure are not taking him back they may have to honour his contract as he has been found not fuilty. That would probably mean a fat pay off.
The press release says, "mutual agreement", so I would expect there to have been some negotiation and compromise, but pound to a penny, ManUre will have to have paid out something

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Keep it to football career related please. Discussion of the ins and outs of the accusations against him will see the thread moved.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The press release says, "mutual agreement", so I would expect there to have been some negotiation and compromise, but pound to a penny, ManUre will have to have paid out something
He's a free man, he'll have walked off with a few million from Utd at least and he'll probably play football at a well paid high level again, which for someone who did what he did isn't that bad really is it? I think when people are wondering whether he deserves a second chance, I'd personally say its turned out ok for him already all things considered?

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think part of the problem is he doesn't seem to have shown any contrition. Like if he came out and apologised and said he was taking counselling and behavioural courses, that he was a changed man looking for a second chance etc maybe you could see a way back for him.

The United statement seems to exonerate him, when we all know dropping charges isn't the same as not guilty

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think part of the problem is he doesn't seem to have shown any contrition. Like if he came out and apologised and said he was taking counselling and behavioural courses, that he was a changed man looking for a second chance etc maybe you could see a way back for him.

The United statement seems to exonerate him, when we all know dropping charges isn't the same as not guilty

No doubt that will all be in their Netflix special.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Leaving aside discussions on the actual behaviour as that is for another forum section, what is the concensus of opinion on another club taking him on? What if Wolves were to consider it? Can he continue his career?
Duncan Goodwillie is probably a parallel... clubs have thought they could employ him but then withdrawn once hit by public opinion.
David not Duncan

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Man Utd and their CEO's statement makes no sense at all.

Based on the evidence available to us, we have concluded that the material posted online did not provide a full picture and that Mason did not commit the offences in respect of which he was originally charged. That said, as Mason publicly acknowledges today, he has made mistakes which he is taking responsibility for.
Going as far as to say he did not commit the offence, rather than just that charges were dropped!

Timings have also been influenced by my desire to minimise the impact of the investigation on our men's and women's teams, as well as our Lionesses.
This is far too serious an issue to try to time it to give yourself sporting advantage, surely. And has absolutely nothing to do with "our Lionesses".

- We were provided with alternative explanations for the audio recording, which was a short excerpt from a much longer recording, and for the images posted online.
Given most us have probably seen the recording, I would love to hear what the explanation was that suddenly makes it OK. They were just acting out a scene from a amateur dramatic production? That's just about the only "context" that would help, and it seems like these days all you have to do is brazen out a blatant lie, and it creates enough doubt for some people to ignore the crime.

While I am satisfied that Mason did not commit the acts he was charged with, Mason’s accepted that he has made mistakes which he takes responsibility for.
Again, quite a leap to say that he's satisfied he didn't do it, rather than a lack of evidence, or that charges were dropped.

Great, he's taken responsibility! He's presumably said what these mistakes were then, and how he's going to put them right, as part of his process of taking responsibility?

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd love to say I cant see a club taking him on anywhere. But well its bound to happen, whatever club does, deserves all the bad things that come with it.

Also what a pathetic statement that is from Utd themselves.
Yep. Someone will do it.

Despite being an absolute **** of the highest order he is a talented footballer and free.

Don’t do it Wolves.

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would imagine that, quite rightly, he no longer has a future in English club football. But let's speculate that his career in Europe takes off and he develops undeniably into an outstanding player. Having in mind he's not been found guilty in a court of law, I wonder what pressure might the FA be under to allow him to be reconsidered for the England international team.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would it be different? Like Benjamin Mendy?

If a court finds someone innocent then I think you have to respect that, no matter what the court of public opinion might say. If they’re found innocent on a technicality, then I would not feel the same. Likewise if someone mysteriously drops the charges before it goes to court.

Back
Top Bottom