Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Marriner

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
VAR was not his decision, so no complaints from me there.

But he did seem rather inconsistent with what was deemed a foul and what wasn’t.
Miss the handball from Perez? Must have just been just you and him. Even the Leicester fans on the way out I spoke to couldn’t believe he didn’t give it.

That was just one example.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Miss the handball from Perez? Must have just been just you and him. Even the Leicester fans on the way out I spoke to couldn’t believe he didn’t give it.

That was just one example.

I think you’ve definitely misread my comment.

I can’t criticize him for the VAR decision as this wasn’t his call.

But found all of his other decisions somewhat inconsistent.

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And wasn't that Stuart Attwell?
Yes, Attwell sent Milijas off, but 2 seasons before Marriner sent Henry off and we ended up losing to an injury time Bendtner goal. Pretty sure Marriner didn't ref us the following season, which suggests something was said.

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
Most one sided refereeing performance I think I have ever seen! Jimenez got a whack to the head, play on, Leicester player gets a whack on the head, blows the whistle for treatment. If it’s true he is a Villa fan then it’s scandalous he was allowed to ref our game today!

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Most one sided refereeing performance I think I have ever seen! Jimenez got a whack to the head, play on, Leicester player gets a whack on the head, blows the whistle for treatment. If it’s true he is a Villa fan then it’s scandalous he was allowed to ref our game today!
He was in the Villa fans at Wembley.His perma tan gave him away and he was photographed.

Reaction score
I Thought he did ok when we had him last season.
Maybe with his Villa in the same league he can help manage the ‘gap’ :D
So here’s one for the next time.
Mind the gap, mind the gap Andre Marinner,
Mind the gap, mind the gap we say,
Mind the gap , mind the gap Andre Marinner,
You get more useless every single day!
(Family friendly version)

Uncle Festa

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Then he should never be allowed to referee a Wolves, ****e or Blues game then. It’s not right. Surely this should be picked up?? If I was a professional referee - I would not allow myself to officiate a game played by our rivals- wouldn’t trust myself to make a neutral decision. Absolutely bloody ridiculous situation.
He was banned form refereeing us many years ago after a raft of corrupt performances against us when he first came on the scene and we complained about him. Didn’t ref us for ages, and then reappeared three or four seasons ago. And I was appalled at this remembering how one eyed he had been previously. But to be fair to him, he has been superb since his return. Didn’t see yesterday so can’t comment, but wouldn’t surprise me if he has returned to his old ways. One of the few refs who has made me lob my pastie on the pitch in disgust.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Made me laugh on the VAR thread when somebody suggested we should just train referees to be better,

Marriner is a shining example of why that argument is fundamentally flawed

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just so inconsistent, their rb went down every time he was under pressure and duly got the decision, Jota fouled on edge of area and no free kick yet every time Maddinson or Vardy went down a free kick was given.

Disgraceful performance, no flow to the game. Var decision just topped it all off.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A weak performance from a sub par ref.
Nothing new under the sun.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just so inconsistent, their rb went down every time he was under pressure and duly got the decision, Jota fouled on edge of area and no free kick yet every time Maddinson or Vardy went down a free kick was given.

Disgraceful performance, no flow to the game. Var decision just topped it all off.
The other one that got me was towards the end. Jonny was letting the ball roll out, their closest player couldn't go for it as he come from offside position.
Up steps vardy, chest out like the angry little small man he is. Tear arses across the pitch at full pelt and goes straight through the back of Jonny. Decision - throw in.

I can guarantee if that'd been reversed and was one of our players going through a Leicester player, it would have been a free kick, and a yellow. Subsequently probably a VAR review and then moss deciding it was excessive force so red card.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Jimenez down with a head injury, waves play on and they get down the other end and get a corner. Blatant cheating, even someone like me who ain’t the brightest knows the ref has to stop the game for a head injury.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Made me laugh on the VAR thread when somebody suggested we should just train referees to be better,

Marriner is a shining example of why that argument is fundamentally flawed
And who trains the trainers -Riley and his crew.A crap Referee who is now in charge hence why we have Moss Mason and Friend,why we had Jones for way too long and promoted Attwell who was way out of his depth initially .
Start at the top where the real problems are.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And who trains the trainers -Riley and his crew.A crap Referee who is now in charge hence why we have Moss Mason and Friend,why we had Jones for way too long and promoted Attwell who was way out of his depth initially .
Start at the top where the real problems are.
Absolutely.

The thing that angers me most about referees is there's absolutely no accountability. Players, managers etc all have to go and face the cameras after a match, explain incidents both good and bad, but the ref is never called on publicly to explain any decisions.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Absolutely.

The thing that angers me most about referees is there's absolutely no accountability. Players, managers etc all have to go and face the cameras after a match, explain incidents both good and bad, but the ref is never called on publicly to explain any decisions.
Or you have the referee mysteriously dropped to ref a Championship game the next week, which is their way of saying, “we know the ref ****ed up”

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

Picture of him at Wembley in May for Villa vs Derby in his Villa shirt doing the rounds on Twitter.

Tom ▪️ on Twitter

I could half accept if he was given our games if Blues and Albion were in the Premier League because if you added us in that would mean he couldn't cover 20% of the Premier League teams.

However, when it's just us and Villa, he simply can't do our games. It's pretty easy.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t bank on it .Moss will be huffing and puffing at a ground near us all soon .
I bet the useless fat **** was huffing and puffing in the seat his big fat **** was plonked in at Stockley Park. As much use as a third hand condom!

D

Deleted member 4453

Picture of him at Wembley in May for Villa vs Derby in his Villa shirt doing the rounds on Twitter.

Tom ▪️ on Twitter

I could half accept if he was given our games if Blues and Albion were in the Premier League because if you added us in that would mean he couldn't cover 20% of the Premier League teams.

However, when it's just us and Villa, he simply can't do our games. It's pretty easy.

What the ****s with some of the comments on there in relation to Raul going down?
A head injury is a head injury, not "oh that looks bad"/ "that doesn't look bad" so it can't be given.

Referees aren't hardwired to feel player's pain so how can those judgements be passed? Hoping they're just Villa fans on the wind up, cause if they're Wolves fans they need to give their heads a very stern wobble.

E

Eddie's Eagle

He was a nobhead on Sunday. I don't wish to give him any more thought than that.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
The whole Referee system needs a shake up starting at the top but where will it come from and when will it come ?Turkeys don’t vote for Christmas.

D

Deleted member 4023

It it had been the Dippers or Citeh, the goal would have stood.
Nobody questioned the decision, so VAR wasn't needed. If we are going to use Var for everything, then we don't need useless gets refereeing.

The Video Assistant Referee supports the work of the on-field referee and his or her assistants. They can review incidents within seconds as they are not only watching the game, but they also have access to multiple replays and different angles. They're not located at the ground.

The intention of VAR is to sort out the question of “was the decision clearly wrong?” across four types of key decisions.

• Goal or no goal decisions (offences leading up to a goal)
  • Penalty or no penalty decisions
  • Direct red card decisions (not second yellow cards) - this is a little different for the Premier League, see below
  • Mistaken identity
VAR officials will only communicate with those on the field of play if there are "clear and obvious mistakes" (that phrase again) or "serious missed incidents" across the four areas. Only the on-field referee can stop play.

Marriner never requested a VAR review. The Leicester players never asked for a review. The goal was given & should have stood

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
It it had been the Dippers or Citeh, the goal would have stood.
Nobody questioned the decision, so VAR wasn't needed. If we are going to use Var for everything, then we don't need useless gets refereeing.

The Video Assistant Referee supports the work of the on-field referee and his or her assistants. They can review incidents within seconds as they are not only watching the game, but they also have access to multiple replays and different angles. They're not located at the ground.

The intention of VAR is to sort out the question of “was the decision clearly wrong?” across four types of key decisions.

• Goal or no goal decisions (offences leading up to a goal)
  • Penalty or no penalty decisions
  • Direct red card decisions (not second yellow cards) - this is a little different for the Premier League, see below
  • Mistaken identity
VAR officials will only communicate with those on the field of play if there are "clear and obvious mistakes" (that phrase again) or "serious missed incidents" across the four areas. Only the on-field referee can stop play.

Marriner never requested a VAR review. The Leicester players never asked for a review. The goal was given & should have stood

I'm truly sorry but although it wasn't a "clear and obvious mistake" it clearly is a "serious missed incident" and all goals are reviewed so he didn't need to ask.

The rule is crap, not the system or the people enforcing it.

D

Deleted member 4023

Can't confirm this yet, but someone has just told me that Marriner has refereed us 13 times - in which time we've won 2 games, drawn 6 & lost 5. Awarding us 23 yellows & 2 reds in the process. Doesn't sound biased against us at all :rolleyes:

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The ****er should never ref a game we are involved in again.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Tom ▪️ on Twitter

Is this twitter poster a Mixer? Can't see the tweet.

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

I would have some sympathy with him for the Jimenez head injury thing if he was consistent.

IMO, Jimenez was faking it and there was nothing really wrong with him as he got up, rubbed his head and was back defending the corner without treatment.

If they did that for everyone then fair enough, but he didn't. And some of the clear fouls we weren't given was a joke.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The head injury incident was ridiculous .

If Jimenez stayed on his feet and realised he controlled the ball we would've been in 2 vs 2. He tried to buy his team a free kick, which is the right thing to do under pressure to be fair, but he definitely faked it.

Still, the ref should've stopped it. I'm actually surprised more players don't fall over and hold their head when the opposing team is on the attack tbh.

colwall wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Can't confirm this yet, but someone has just told me that Marriner has refereed us 13 times - in which time we've won 2 games, drawn 6 & lost 5. Awarding us 23 yellows & 2 reds in the process. Doesn't sound biased against us at all :rolleyes:

Hmmmm few more stats on who games were against and who the red cards were for would give better indication

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Jimenez stayed on his feet and realised he controlled the ball we would've been in 2 vs 2. He tried to buy his team a free kick, which is the right thing to do under pressure to be fair, but he definitely faked it.

Still, the ref should've stopped it. I'm actually surprised more players don't fall over and hold their head when the opposing team is on the attack tbh.
You're right (but I would say 'probably' rather than 'definitely').
But he definitely received an elbow/arm to the side of the head and went down holding his head.

Back
Top Bottom