Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Mark Kennedy-alive and well.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mark Kennedy has been sacked by Lincoln City following a run of three games without a win. From an outside viewpoint it seems very harsh, but I suppose we don’t know the real reason.

I was hoping Mark would do well at Lincoln, but sadly it wasn’t to be. Hopefully he will be back in work soon. I still fondly remember his great goal against Sheffield United in the play of final. What a strike that was.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got to know Sparky through my agent pal when he was at wolves, he was the epitome of stereotypical big time Charlie footballer back then. Got re acquainted to him when he returned coaching youth football as a completely changed man, think growing up and retiring from playing “levelled” him out. At the time I was involved with a local charity and he got the club to donate all sorts of signed stuff, literally bag fulls.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like some have said, that rasping drive at Stockport was something special.
I also remember that day for another reason too.
Walking back to the station, I met up with the "beer monster" from Barnsley (brother of one of the Yorkshire Wolves contingent).
Bad move that was, as later I found myself on a train to Sheffield rather than Stoke !
The devils brew has had a lot to answer for over the years and I'm still not learning.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tremendous ability and a top player, generally not rated by those who haven’t got a clue

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Listening to Radio Lincolnshire, it appears there was friction between Kennedy and some of the players who did not like the style of football they were asked to play. Apparently, Kennedy liked low possession, with a hard press and hitting sides on the break. He adopted this style even for home games, which didn’t go down too well. Most Imps fans seemed surprise he was sacked, but no guessing who is the fans favourite to replace Kennedy. They want Danny and Nicky Cowley to return to Sincil Bank.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Always think about him with Hwang. My memory (might be wrong) is that he always struggled with his hamstrings, but after a lot of games missed and doubts as no injury seemed to be present, it was found that it was some sort of referred pain from a back problem. Got a vague idea SEB had something similar too?

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Love the kids behind in the home end who make absolutely no attempt to hide who they support when that rips in! :tearsofjoy:

He also scored a belter away at Walsall too, which if memory serves me correctly SJH looked particularly pleased with when it cut to him in the crowd.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mark Kennedy has been sacked by Lincoln City following a run of three games without a win. From an outside viewpoint it seems very harsh, but I suppose we don’t know the real reason.

I was hoping Mark would do well at Lincoln, but sadly it wasn’t to be. Hopefully he will be back in work soon. I still fondly remember his great goal against Sheffield United in the play of final. What a strike that was.
Left peg, moving away from the goalkeeper to the inside of his right post.

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He was a magnificent player on his day, but from my memory his days didn't come around that frequently. When they did though, watch out.

Worth his weight in gold though for that early play-off goal and ensuing celebration.

And some of his other goals weren't bad either :~}

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I must have been the only wolves fan who didn’t celebrate his goal in the play off final. I was a bag of nerves for days before (I was still young enough to take wolves far too personally). I vividly remember the ball coming across to him and I just grabbed my mates shoulder and said “hit it”, milliseconds later it left his boot and all around me erupted. I just stood still with a clenched fist in the air absolutely bewildered as to what had just happened.

Always said if you could guarantee a play off win I’d take it every day over winning the league outright, that feeling was incredible at the final whistle

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always remember his sending off for ROI. 2nd half sub and got 2 yellows for kicking the ball away.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I must have been the only wolves fan who didn’t celebrate his goal in the play off final. I was a bag of nerves for days before (I was still young enough to take wolves far too personally). I vividly remember the ball coming across to him and I just grabbed my mates shoulder and said “hit it”, milliseconds later it left his boot and all around me erupted. I just stood still with a clenched fist in the air absolutely bewildered as to what had just happened.

Always said if you could guarantee a play off win I’d take it every day over winning the league outright, that feeling was incredible at the final whistle

And the worst feeling must be losing a play off final. A Blades supporting friend of mine said that when Wolves beat them in that game it was the worse feeling he had experienced in football.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
And the worst feeling must be losing a play off final. A Blades supporting friend of mine said that when Wolves beat them in that game it was the worse feeling he had experienced in football.
I remember driving to Cardiff that day We were advised to exit at a certain junction but I missed it and ended up right by the Blades fans’ coaches in a Gold coloured Honda.The driver of one of their coaches was an Owls fan who said he wasn’t going to the game and would look after the car .After the celebrations and walk back ,we turned the corner and I thought my rear window had been put through but it was only the sunlight shining on it.Driving back through Hereford I was flashed for doing 34 in a 30 zone and picked up a £60 fine and 3 points.On the outskirts of Wolverhampton a mate rang to say all of the pubs were closed in the City on police advice.We decanted to the Stile and we were lauded like heroes when we walked in and the landlady cooked us chip butties as we watched the highlights on ITV. What a glorious day.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chuffed to bits when we signed him and actually thought he was too good for us.

MK scored some great goal for us and will never forget his beauty in Cardiff . I was there on a very memorable day.

Like a lot of top players, they don’t make top managers for some reason.

T

TheConcourse

Incorrect. 00/01 is the only old gold shirt we’ve worn since the early 50s.
He’s actually correct. That’s the official Pantone colour for Old Gold.

Pantone actually released in the early 60’s, and so the definition of Old Gold in the 50’s and before was purely down to interpretation I’d guess?

Unless someone tells me that another colour standard existed, then I’ll happily STFU.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1891… first old gold and black kit
83895D39-BFB4-4874-A9A2-CC864666D574.jpeg

Looks closer to bods’ than those ****ty brown things.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Pantone actually released in the early 60’s, and so the definition of Old Gold in the 50’s and before was purely down to interpretation I’d guess?

Unless someone tells me that another colour standard existed, then I’ll happily STFU.
Leave it with me.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

Wolverhampton Wanderers Pantone Color Codes​

The Wolverhampton Wanderers Premier League team Pantone colors are PMS 1235 for yellow and Neutral Black C for black.

IMG_20231019_222004.jpg

Old Gold, bloody meaningless! :eek:

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

IMG_2440.jpegIMG_2441.jpeg

Quick google and found these. This is how Iv always understood it.

We wore a dark, rusty coloured gold which was called “old gold” till the mid 50s and havnt worn it since (apart from 00-01).

Stand corrected if that colour isn’t officially old gold but pretty certain that’s what it was known as in the past.

****ing horrible colour to be honest. The classic for me is the STAW and Manders gold but that may just be my age. The 18/19 adidas kit that everyone seemed to love was way too yellow for me.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On Mark Kennedy his goal at Walsall was nearly as good as the Stockport one.

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Mark Kennedy was on the front page of tabloids on the morning of September 11th 2001 for drunkenly annoying David Beckham and his wife in the early hours.

Not surprisingly, by mid afternoon UK time newspapers weren’t interested in super rich footballers and their saftness any longer.

Loved watching him play for us, had a great view of the Stockport and Sheff Utd goals, just wished they’d both been down the wolves end so you could see the mass wild celebrations that ensued as the ball ripped into the net on both occasions.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loved his goal against Newcastle in the Cup as well. One of the my favorite ever games. It really did have everything.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His injury (followed by Muscat’s thuggery against Grimsby) was the biggest contributing factor to the choke season. He was unbelievably good for us until then.

Still decent enough afterwards but never really hit the same heights.

Shaun Newton really lost form around the same time too. We went from having two incredibly effective wingers to none.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
See I’ll buck the trend, yes talented with a great shot, but **** me he was lazy. Left Naylor exposed time and time again yet cause he scored a worldie once a year people jumped on Naylor!

Funny he wanted a high press as he couldn’t press a stud

WolvesAndCows

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
See I’ll buck the trend, yes talented with a great shot, but **** me he was lazy. Left Naylor exposed time and time again yet cause he scored a worldie once a year people jumped on Naylor!

Funny he wanted a high press as he couldn’t press a stud
Agree with this. Always thought he was a bit bone idle. Yes, he scored the odd belter, but I never really rated him.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

*sigh, role eyes, huff….

Just because you have found one source that states that is “old gold” it doesn’t definitively make it so.
Other sources give other colours/shades. Wikipedia for one. Collins English dictionary for another. General consensus is it is of a darker shade with hint of brown/olive to it.
If you personally prefer a bright yellowish colour, then that is of course your prerogative, but it doesn’t make it conclusively “old gold”.

Back
Top Bottom