Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Mark Davies , yes i believe Mick you are to blame for us losing him as well !

D

dr cool

Disgraceful , he should be in our midfield instead of ward ....

shambles...

PS MOXEY YOU ARE NOT WITHOUT BLAME...:mad:

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Either stop drinking or stop posting, it's getting boring now!

No it's not.

drc is Wolves through and through and wears his heart on his sleeve. He sees football and Wolves with a passion not with some sterile thinking that pervades the game today.

loopy lupine

Reaction score
No it's not.

drc is Wolves through and through and wears his heart on his sleeve. He sees football and Wolves with a passion not with some sterile thinking that pervades the game today.

I'm not doubting his support, but does he have to start a new thread every 15 minutes to say the same thing?

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
no it's not.

Drc is wolves through and through and wears his heart on his sleeve. He sees football and wolves with a passion not with some sterile thinking that pervades the game today.
+1

M

Mugwump

Mick wanted to keep Davies. I know this for a fact. He could have done more to keep him however.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All is forgiven Halford. I'd prefer him in central midfield to Ward!

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not doubting his support, but does he have to start a new thread every 15 minutes to say the same thing?

Sorry for the delay in responding old bean, but just checking back through threads.

I can only find one started by drc about Mark Davies, so if you know of the others in the last 15 minutes could you post links to them please.

Much appreciated,
Ogerp

loopy lupine

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay in responding old bean, but just checking back through threads.

I can only find one started by drc about Mark Davies, so if you know of the others in the last 15 minutes could you post links to them please.

Much appreciated,
Ogerp

No problem me old china...

But you know what I mean... I'm sorry, but we're all peed off tonight, but three (ok, not 2, but then again, not the every 15 minutes I alluded to), threads in quick succession giving stick to MM.

Kindest Regards

LL

D

dr cool

No problem me old china...

But you know what I mean... I'm sorry, but we're all peed off tonight, but three (ok, not 2, but then again, not the every 15 minutes I alluded to), threads in quick succession giving stick to MM.

Kindest Regards

LL

fact not stick.... loopy

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Mick doesn't rate/finds it difficult to use skillful footballers, look how much time has it taken for Milijas to break into the team. Seeing how much better is than almost everyone in our team it is so incredible that it was 1 year and a half. (And sorry I don't buy poor fitness stories about an established international player).

No doubt it was also a factor in Davies' behaviour back then no matter how much you can dislike it.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mick doesn't rate/finds it difficult to use skillful footballers, look how much time has it taken for Milijas to break into the team. Seeing how much better is than almost everyone in our team it is so incredible that it was 1 year and a half. (And sorry I don't buy poor fitness stories about an established international player).

No doubt it was also a factor in Davies' behaviour back then no matter how much you can dislike it.

The same applied to Bothroyd.

loopy lupine

Reaction score
fact not stick.... loopy

We're all superb managers with that little skill called hindsight.

I actually think getting £1m for Davis, a player who was consistently injured for 3 years, some (allegedly) of it caused by his off field ways, and has been injured consistently since we sold him, is a pretty good bit of management.

Yes, he would've been a better option than Ward today, however had he still been at Mol, undoubtedly he would've been out with a broken rib, split lip, fractured knuckles etc.

Now, feel free to start another thread about how Mick should've recalled Halford, then start another one about why he didn't play David Davies after recalling him from Walsall, real things that you could beat him up about.

D

dr cool

I actually think getting £1m for Davis, a player who was consistently injured for 3 years, some (allegedly) of it caused by his off field ways, and has been injured consistently since we sold him, is a pretty good bit of management.

Yes, he would've been a better option than Ward today, however had he still been at Mol, undoubtedly he would've been out with a broken rib, split lip, fractured knuckles etc.

Now, feel free to start another thread about how Mick should've recalled Halford, then start another one about why he didn't play David Davies after recalling him from Walsall, real things that you could beat him up about.

you are joking now arent you, a pretty good bit of management ?? are you related to mick btw ?

dr:cool:

loopy lupine

Reaction score
you are joking now arent you, a pretty good bit of management ?? are you related to mick btw ?

dr:cool:

Like I said, hindsight - we could all manage Wolves to the top of the league if we had it.

Next you'll be calling for Denes Rossa to be resigned!

D

dr cool

Like I said, hindsight - we could all manage Wolves to the top of the league if we had it.

Next you'll be calling for Denes Rossa to be resigned!

dont think so.. re rosa..

davies will play for a top 4 club and england.

loopy lupine

Reaction score
Not unless he can sort his private life out and steer clear of his niggling injury problems.

I hope he does kick on and realise his undoubted potential, but he was never going to do that at Wolves due to his incapability to keep out of trouble in the local area.

I do maintain to get £1m for him based on number of games played and injury record was good business, but also agree that he is a talented player.

Phitsanulok (Poole) Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally agree with dr C. MM said Kightly was better, he was wedded to 4-4-2 and couldn't find a place for MD. After looking at the fight of the other teams on MOD we look by far the worst team in the league at present. I think now you can argue as much as you like but this is the start of the end for Mick McCarthy. I'm fed up with his funny little quips. He has not come up to scratch in this division. He is out of date and is too inflexible to move us forawrd any more.

D

dr cool

Totally agree with dr C. MM said Kightly was better, he was wedded to 4-4-2 and couldn't find a place for MD. After looking at the fight of the other teams on MOD we look by far the worst team in the league at present. I think now you can argue as much as you like but this is the start of the end for Mick McCarthy. I'm fed up with his funny little quips. He has not come up to scratch in this division. He is out of date and is too inflexible to move us forawrd any more.

davies was with us from being a kid, its criminal moxey and mick $$$$ed it up...criminal:mad:

M

Mugwump

Not unless he can sort his private life out and steer clear of his niggling injury problems.

I hope he does kick on and realise his undoubted potential, but he was never going to do that at Wolves due to his incapability to keep out of trouble in the local area.

I do maintain to get £1m for him based on number of games played and injury record was good business, but also agree that he is a talented player.

His private life is fine. People really need to stop harping on about that. He didnt get into that much trouble and most of what people say about him on here is just hearsay. Doubt if many actually know the true story. And i`m not for one minute saying he was an angel, but he was nowhere near as bad as people make out.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mark Davies, the saviour.

He's started one solitary game for Bolton this season.

Not denying that he's better than Ward or that he would improve our midfield as he is at the moment, but football isn't as simple as that. He was a passenger for far too long and he needed a change of scenery.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I actually think getting £1m for Davis,
a player who was consistently injured for 3 years, some (allegedly) of it caused by his off field ways, and has been injured consistently since we sold him, is a pretty good bit of management.

Do you really think its good business getting one million for Davies and paying 2mill for Halford?

T

TheBridgnorthWolf

Mark Davies, the saviour.

He's started one solitary game for Bolton this season.

Not denying that he's better than Ward or that he would improve our midfield as he is at the moment, but football isn't as simple as that. He was a passenger for far too long and he needed a change of scenery.

Spot on, and he's started 39 games in all competitions in his whole career. Getting £1million for him was a great bit of business, yes he's a very capable player but if his attitude's $$$$, which by all accounts it is, then he can $$$$ right off.

But of course it's always the easy option to slate Mick/Moxey isn't it?!

S

Shifnal Wolf

playing him might have helped :confused:

Hadn't he played about 6 games in 18 months (all on loan the month previously) when he left us because he wanted to be back in the first X1 when we were top of the championship? No doubt he was a talented player but no player should be able to walk into a top of the table team afetr 18 months injured

M

Mugwump

Spot on, and he's started 39 games in all competitions in his whole career. Getting £1million for him was a great bit of business, yes he's a very capable player but if his attitude's $$$$, which by all accounts it is, then he can $$$$ right off.

But of course it's always the easy option to slate Mick/Moxey isn't it?!

His attitude is not bad at all. Really, thats getting old now. He had one incident years ago which almost cost his job at wolves. He sorted himself out and knuckled down. Its his injuries that have held him back. Nothing else.

saturday boy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His attitude is not bad at all. Really, thats getting old now. He had one incident years ago which almost cost his job at wolves. He sorted himself out and knuckled down. Its his injuries that have held him back. Nothing else.

Yup, and Wolves stuck by him when he made his mistake and Wolves stuck by him when he spent all that time out injured. When his manager decided that it was in the club's best interests for him to spend more time out on loan rather than sitting on the bench of a top of the table side Davies showed how much loyalty? Did he stick with Wolves when asked? No, he made it clear it was his way or no way.

No player should have that sort of power so it was right to let him go.

M

Mugwump

Yup, and Wolves stuck by him when he made his mistake and Wolves stuck by him when he spent all that time out injured. When his manager decided that it was in the club's best interests for him to spend more time out on loan rather than sitting on the bench of a top of the table side Davies showed how much loyalty? Did he stick with Wolves when asked? No, he made it clear it was his way or no way.

No player should have that sort of power so it was right to let him go.

It wasnt as black and white as you are making it out. And he was under contract when he was injured, so really it wasnt a matter of us sticking by him, we were contractually obliged to do so. Same as we have with Kightly, Craddock, Murray, Lescott and countless other Wolves players. He got a good offer and he took it. Wolves didnt really push the boat out to keep him either, Bolton made him feel wanted so he left.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Utter nonsense thread. Davies wanted to leave and did. The end.

Why the $$$$ is it being mentioned tonight? Tony you're as big a fan as anyone but this sort of thread is just $$$$. Benefit of hindsight and all that. And he has started one game so far. Big $$$$ing deal. We have Jones Henry Gued and Edwards injured so obviously we're gonna be a bit short somewhere.

Some of you lot are truly unbelievable.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We'll never know the full story but the noises from within the club at the time were that Davies was considered part of the future of the club, which is why we (WE) paid his wages and awaited his return. Whatever Mick's failings, the fact Davies made the decision to walk away and pick up a healthy signing-on fee was down to Mark Davies. Even that ungrateful tool Chris Evans is more to blame than mccarthy.

rhys2702

Reaction score
why bring up Mark Davies 2 years after he has gone. What about Keane going in 97, or is it Micks fault that he didn't get the best out of Bothroyd?

Maybe its Micks fault England didn't get the 2018 bid.

Rubbish thread again, its getting tedious now.

Back
Top Bottom