Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Mario Lemina

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's the 96th minute. He's just been fouled. He picks himself up and, again after 100+ minutes of football, makes one more forward run to try to win a tied game...and still has the juice to get a good finish on.

That's an elite mentality as well as an E N G I N E. We have all seen someone who just has no legs left at the end of that run. Great stuff.

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I thought Mario was epic today, and has been for some time now; what a player for his attitude, composure, engine & resilience - and for the big beast he is, he really is very elegant and very skillful with it. And doesn't he just look so happy on & off the pitch.

WWFC at last has a midfield to be reckoned with. A long old time since we were able to say that.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was brilliant today. Scary thought, can you imagine if he was in the peak Nuno team?! we would have won one of the trophies.
If he carries on like this he will be a club legend, a real character and warrior
Said this yesterday, would have loved this Lemina in with Neves and Moutinho around the 2018-2020 time.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said this yesterday, would have loved this Lemina in with Neves and Moutinho around the 2018-2020 time.
Annoyingly we had countless opportunities to sign Palhinha, who in my opinion is a similar player.

In 2020 he would have been an excellent partner for Neves, allowing him more freedom.

In 2022 would have been an ideal foil/replacement for Neves.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not only is Mario terrific for us and the team in general, but the learning and development that Gomes is getting from training and playing alongside Mario is priceless.
Spot on! This is the part for me that should not be understated or underestimated. Whether by luck/chance or was part of a forward thinking strategy, it is absolutely brilliant for Gomes to have such a strong role model to learn from.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was brilliant today. Scary thought, can you imagine if he was in the peak Nuno team?! we would have won one of the trophies.
If he carries on like this he will be a club legend, a real character and warrior
He'd have been amazing if it was this version! But he was a very different person back then and has done a lot of growing up over the past few years from the player who was hit and miss at Fulham and Southampton. He would have still been at Juventus or the like had he always been a 'good egg'. Ultimately it's still our gain, but it would really have been something to see this player in our best side under Nuno and I hope we see him for a good few years yet

fleck1

Reaction score
Another example of how you don't need to spend the big money in the window, just be smarter. Can't say when he was linked it really excited me, just seemed like he was fairly cheap at £9m so we were having a punt. What an absolute monster he is becoming, he just seems to get better and better, physical, carries the ball well and his engine is unbelievable. Covered every blade of grass on Saturday, then still had the legs to break forwards and get on the end of Sarabia's 97th minute ball in to the box.

Norway Wolves

Reaction score
He’s a brilliant player for us. I thought it was a savvy signing at the time but had no idea how much of an impact he would have. I don’t know whether I’m exaggerating but he’s having similar influence levels to the likes of Mouts, for me.
He's miles better than Moutinho, except for his 1st season 18/19.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great energy to get himself into the box late on for the winner, reminded me of Henry’s late winner at Charlton 15 or so years ago.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he's our most important player. I can't even begin to count the amount of times over the last couple of years I've lambasted our midfield for its lack of legs and progression. I always thought it would be a strange positive that Neves and Moutinho moved on. And so it seems to be the case.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed while there was a lot of eulogising over how good our midfielders were, we got cut through far too easily with Neves and Moutinho. Our midfield is now probably our strongest since we were first in the prem with a far greater diversity of talent

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Agreed while there was a lot of eulogising over how good our midfielders were, we got cut through far too easily with Neves and Moutinho. Our midfield is now probably our strongest since we were first in the prem with a far greater diversity of talent
I had so much love for our midfielders over the past few years, but so many times I'd see the teams lined up in the corridor on TV or lined up on the pitch at Molineux and my first thought would be "Our midfield are going to get pushed around like a bunch of ragdolls".
Not because the other team were better footballers, but there'd be just an overall massive size discrepancy.
Lage started changing things, Lope and GON have continued, to where we now have three physically strong, ball playing midfielders in Traore, Lamina and Gomes.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I had so much love for our midfielders over the past few years, but so many times I'd see the teams lined up in the corridor on TV or lined up on the pitch at Molineux and my first thought would be "Our midfield are going to get pushed around like a bunch of ragdolls".
Not because the other team were better footballers, but there'd be just an overall massive size discrepancy.
Lage started changing things, Lope and GON have continued, to where we now have three physically strong, ball playing midfielders in Traore, Lamina and Gomes.
Lamina is a bit two dimensional for me.

Sorry that's just for nerds.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Lemina is a very good player, but better than Moutinho? I’m not sure about that. Wolves bought Moutinho when his best days may just have been behind him, but prime Moutinho was a genuine world class player. Not the biggest or the strongest, but he has a superb football brain. And Wolves bought five foot seven of football heaven for £5m, an absolute bargain.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lamina is a bit two dimensional for me.

Sorry that's just for nerds.

More nerd stuff, quite appropriate if you think about it.

LaminaR flow:

In fluid dynamics, laminar flow is characterized by fluid particles following smooth paths in layers, with each layer moving smoothly past the adjacent layers with little or no mixing. At low velocities, the fluid tends to flow without lateral mixing, and adjacent layers slide past one another like playing cards.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
More nerd stuff, quite appropriate if you think about it.

LaminaR flow:

In fluid dynamics, laminar flow is characterized by fluid particles following smooth paths in layers, with each layer moving smoothly past the adjacent layers with little or no mixing. At low velocities, the fluid tends to flow without lateral mixing, and adjacent layers slide past one another like playing cards.
Tel us summat we don't know, eh!

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The first page of this thread is interesting.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My MOTD even before his goal today. He really is the ultimate midfielder. He can do everything
He was really impressive all game.
I was trying to sneaky watch it at work, so wasn’t seeing properly, when he missed the sweeping dink out to to the onrushing Semedo.
Thought to myself, ‘Neves would nail that every time, how he’d love to be back in a team with runners to hit.
When I watched it back properly afterwards, I got to see how many times he did play that exact pass, perfect weight.
At least 3 times he turned and dribbled out of tight spaces, tricks, strength, acceleration.

All that on top of being a defensive monster, then grabbing a late winner?
A proper 10/10 performance, even for the stingiest of markers.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lemina is a very good player, but better than Moutinho? I’m not sure about that. Wolves bought Moutinho when his best days may just have been behind him, but prime Moutinho was a genuine world class player. Not the biggest or the strongest, but he has a superb football brain. And Wolves bought five foot seven of football heaven for £5m, an absolute bargain.
All this is true…but he would have made a better partner for Neves, and elevated that midfield.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So dominant and wins absolutely everything aswell as having superb ability on the ball. The complete midfielder who I wouldn’t swap anyone for.

Back
Top Bottom