Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

March

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Depending on when today's game gets re-arranged for, we could end up having NINE games in March!

I'm not even mad, that's amazing.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Depending on when today's game gets re-arranged for, we could end up having NINE games in March!

The only available date for us is 4 March however STEVENAGE are already playing Crawley that night so it will only be 8 games in March-which is bad enough.The STEVENAGE game is likely to be 1 8 or 29 April.

PREM.L.L

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
24 points coming up in March then!:D

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I commented on this on another thread. Shades of 1962-3 -- that season we had NINE games in April, after all the big-freeze postponements. We won most of them!

O

Orbital Wolves

Makes me slightly nervous how dependent we are on McDonald, maybe Batth and bit light with keepers / strikers. I'm sure Kenneth will have thought ahead though

Super Ted

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Makes me slightly nervous how dependent we are on McDonald, maybe Batth and bit light with keepers / strikers. I'm sure Kenneth will have thought ahead though

The other teams have also got a busy month as well. Don't worry. We'll be aright.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
We are really going to have to look to bring in a loan striker/forward to cover. Confident we will.

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
been saying this for weeks - we can only technically have 8 games, but it's still a mammoth month...

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our backlog isn't really that bad comparatively ... 16 out of the 24 teams in the division have played the same (29) or fewer games than us.

But Crawley have played four fewer, Colchester three and Stevenage two fewer. Think how many games Crawley will need to play in March and Aoril to catch up.

E

Essex Wolf

There appears no let up in the bad weather for a while as yet albeit I'm going by my local area but wouldn't be the slightest surprised to find more games called off in the coming weeks.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Reading the posts on this thread, about all the extra games, has posted a thought in my mind..

That the League One season will be extended by a week, or even two..

Could that happen?

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
Reading the posts on this thread, about all the extra games, has posted a thought in my mind..

Could that happen?

I don't think they're allowed to, because the season has to be completed by a certain date, and that includes the Play-Offs. If there are games left, they'll probably ask teams to play Saturday-Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday if necessary.

E

Essex Wolf

I don't think they're allowed to, because the season has to be completed by a certain date, and that includes the Play-Offs. If there are games left, they'll probably ask teams to play Saturday-Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday if necessary.

Is that a set in stone matter WS10?

Just wondering how they could impose a set date if the weather makes it impossible to play a game.

And if they did insist on teams having to fulfil their fixtures it would be an unfair advantage to some. If a club had to play 4 games in 8 days as you suggest and for a couple of weeks it would surely have an adverse effect?

O

Orbital Wolves

Could that happen?

No, because of all our World Cup stars

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
I don't think it's set in stone as such, but I know that there's a cut off date whereby all League/Play-Off games HAVE to have been played. I think the Football League has to book the use of Wembley for the final too, so I doubt they'd move the Final back.

At the minute, I think Crawley have the most games in hand, with 5. We're still only in February, so there should be plenty of opportunity to get those games in, even if it means playing it at a neutral venue.

E

Essex Wolf

I don't think it's set in stone as such, but I know that there's a cut off date whereby all League/Play-Off games HAVE to have been played. I think the Football League has to book the use of Wembley for the final too, so I doubt they'd move the Final back.

At the minute, I think Crawley have the most games in hand, with 5. We're still only in February, so there should be plenty of opportunity to get those games in, even if it means playing it at a neutral venue.

Cheers.

Will be interesting to see how things pan out.

If the weather carries on as it has been there will be more postponements and if it's for the clubs like Crawley will they be punished or penalised in some way due to being unable to complete their fixtures?

If so it won't help the league situation unless the away sides are awarded a win. Although unlikely could you imagine the uproar?

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Cheers for your comments, Essex and WS10Wolf.

Hopefully the fixture backlog will sort itself out before the end of the season.

E

Essex Wolf

All of them :D, and maybe KJ will give Jamie a game, if we have to play three or four games in a week.

You never know mate you never know.:D

And all joking apart if the games do start to come thick and fast KJ may well have no option?

Could you imagine if JOH did get a few games and actually done well or even scored. And what if he scored a winner?:eek:

The board would go into melt down.;)

kidderminster wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Cheers.

Will be interesting to see how things pan out.

If the weather carries on as it has been there will be more postponements and if it's for the clubs like Crawley will they be punished or penalised in some way due to being unable to complete their fixtures?

If so it won't help the league situation unless the away sides are awarded a win. Although unlikely could you imagine the uproar?

Clubs won't be punished unless they fit their games in by the required time. Although a different standard, a couple of seasons ago one of my local teams Redditch United had to play 9 games in 11 days at the end of the season. I'm sure if a club like Redditch can do this where players get paid next to nothing and have a full time job as well, then Crawley will be able to do the same. If it comes to the worse case scenario then they will have to play matches behind closed doors in the daytime.

Back
Top Bottom