Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Marcal

Huyton W88lvo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The way RAN watched the ball sail over his head to a leeds player ,and Leeds scored , shame hes going.
He's a good defender
This exactly . The guy is a proper defender. RAN I find very frustrating especially with his final ball when he gets into a great position to play the killer cross and his defending / positioning needs lots and lots of improving . Hoping to see Jonny at left back with the very much improved Semedo right side having improved dramatically on last seasons mostly inept performances

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let the clear out begin. Followed by Dendonker, Hoever and Saiss.
Why Saïss? Along with the rest of the defence he was dog **** for half an hour on Friday, but otherwise this season he's been almost faultless.

To my mind his re-signing is as important as any new signing. He's effectively a proven PL quality Utility player without a transfer fee, who's on the back of an excellent season and a more than solid - to date - Wolves career.

Sign him up.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
‘ Can You Hear The Drums Fernando’.

or better still

’Now We’re Old And Grey Fernando’

Really sorry. I’ve got nothing else to do :)

Can't remember his first name, so for me , he will always be: " that player, wotsisname, French was he? Portugese? Brazilian? Full back or centre half? Injured lots , you know who I mean".

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why Saïss? Along with the rest of the defence he was dog **** for half an hour on Friday, but otherwise this season he's been almost faultless.

To my mind his re-signing is as important as any new signing. He's effectively a proven PL quality Utility player without a transfer fee, who's on the back of an excellent season and a more than solid - to date - Wolves career.

Sign him up.
Indeed and the others hadn't got the excuse of having been whacked in the head either.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This exactly . The guy is a proper defender. RAN I find very frustrating especially with his final ball when he gets into a great position to play the killer cross and his defending / positioning needs lots and lots of improving . Hoping to see Jonny at left back with the very much improved Semedo right side having improved dramatically on last seasons mostly inept performances
Marcal just isn't a proper defender though. He gets easily beaten, and regularly makes mistakes that cost us goals. How many other goals have we conceded due to a RAN **** up this season?
I genuinely can't think of one.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sign him up.
First half of this season he was fantastic. I think he's had a few bad games recently, but still I would like him to stay.
But the one thing i would say is; He's played week in, week out for the last couple of seasons. He can negotiate with anyone, and has been able to since January.
Is he gonna be happy being signed up on "utility player" terms? Are we gonna be happy to sign him up as more than that?
Ultimately, I think he'll get a better deal than he has here. Our defensive record has been fantastic. I don't think it's been down to us parking the bus or anything. He's been part of it, probably being in the form of his life. I think quite a few other teams would take him on a free.

D

Deleted member (smith)

Let the clear out begin. Followed by Dendonker, Hoever and Saiss.

It is important to refresh and improve the squad no doubt…but surely it’s necessary to source the improvements before you clear out the ones that are to be replaced. To clear out before being sure of the replacement seems to me to be terry stupid. And we have seen how hard it is for the 8th placed club to attract better players.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First half of this season he was fantastic. I think he's had a few bad games recently, but still I would like him to stay.
But the one thing i would say is; He's played week in, week out for the last couple of seasons. He can negotiate with anyone, and has been able to since January.
Is he gonna be happy being signed up on "utility player" terms? Are we gonna be happy to sign him up as more than that?
Ultimately, I think he'll get a better deal than he has here. Our defensive record has been fantastic. I don't think it's been down to us parking the bus or anything. He's been part of it, probably being in the form of his life. I think quite a few other teams would take him on a free.
"Utility player terms" in my opinion only strengthens his hand. At the moment he's a first choice CB and rightly so. He can also play CM, to my mind that increases his worth, not reduces it.

Any player who can competently play in more than one position is an asset. Jonny is more valuable than Semedo not only as he may be better but because he can proficiently play on either side of defence.

Being a utility player doesn't mean you're not an automatic starter. Think more James Milner than Neil Emblen.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is important to refresh and improve the squad no doubt…but surely it’s necessary to source the improvements before you clear out the ones that are to be replaced. To clear out before being sure of the replacement seems to me to be terry stupid. And we have seen how hard it is for the 8th placed club to attract better players.
We attracted some pretty good players in the Championship? If we have designs on top 4/6 then we need quality back ups; if the Club are happy with 8th/10th then keep Marcal, Dendonker and Saiss and Hoever. We can and should improve on these players.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Crazy the stick ran is getting

Misjudged one ball ffs
He's absolute class. The way he glides past players has me purring. His final ball ay as crap as some make out either - we don't get men in the box, see also: Traore!

Regarding Marcal, he's mostly done a job for us and hasn't cost much. He's no wing back but he's solid and he puts in a shift, good luck to the lad as his career begins to wind down.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who’s joining Marcal out the door then?

Bonatini
Cutrone
Vinagre
Ruddy OOC
Saiss OOC
Moutinho OOC
Hoever
Campana
Dadashov
Traore - swap deal
Dendoncker??
Boly??
Sanderson??
Kawabe??
Ronan??
Jordao??
Shabani??

That’s without any talk of Neves big offers could seriously be a totally different team??

Some of our players out on loan joining the first team squad such as Bolla, MGW & Giles

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasn’t happy he was selected over RAN for Villa but fair play had a great game both offensively and defensively. Stand up and take a bow.
Quite. The number of awful open play crosses we’ve seen from both him and RAN over the season, yesterday’s was a peach.
More of that if he plays.

dennison11

Reaction score
He did have a good game however I wish he wouldn't turn back on himself as puts us under serious pressure when he really just needs to clear it down the line.
Same. I do like Marcal but when he starts bringing it out of defence I would rather see him play the ball rather than try to keep it. He's a excellent player to have in the team but he does make me squirm sometimes

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For a player brought in because of Jonny’s injury, it’s testament to the job he’s done in that capacity that he’s still in the team after Jonny has returned

Fair play to him, he’s been a pretty dependable stop gap and his fitness hasn’t been too bad this season either. I’m usually pretty disappointed it’s not RAN who starts but then he goes and does OK more often than not

He’d certainly get a clap from me too as he returns to Brazil at the end of the season (if that is indeed what’s happening) he’s been a good value for money signing

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's a good defender who retains possession well.
I'd like to see him left back and RAN higher up the pitch

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbh id like him to stay for another season
Improved no end with his forward play last few games and pretty solid defensively
Ok he has a mistake in him but so do all the others, especially RAN on his defense side
Good option to have for cover and seems less injury prone of late

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A far better player than many give him credit for.

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Most utterly ridiculous penalty I've ever seen conceded by Wolves in 50 years of watching (v Brentford H).
2 corners in sucession he seemed determined to concede the penalty. I've not really trusted him since then.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Most utterly ridiculous penalty I've ever seen conceded by Wolves in 50 years of watching (v Brentford H).
2 corners in sucession he seemed determined to concede the penalty. I've not really trusted him since then.

I think the "penalty" for Villa was even more ridiculous, though for quite different reasons!

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has done exactly what he was brought into to do.... cover for Jonny's injury whilst allowing rayan to develop.....by and large , especially for the money has done it very well..... remember he has had to do it for a season longer than originally intended.....

But I don't think we need the be complacent and not replace him......can Giles cover for marcal , I'm not so sure...nothing against the lad but the premier league is a big step up.....yes we have jonny but for me I might be tempted to sell Giles and hoever and get in another wing back......would also prefer it to he a left footer (set pieces) ,haven't got to break the bank but another player will quality wouldn't go a miss as wing backs are essential to how we play.....

Said before dream scenerio is Alex grimaldo as he only has a year left on his deal at benfica.... Would definitely go for him if we get European football.....would also be tempted with Maxwell cornet , if Burnley go down as he plays LWB at international football and can also play further forward......either part funded by the sales of Giles n hoever....

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saw a vile friend earlier.. Was row C said he “didn’t realise how much of a beast Marcal was. Up and down the pitch a lot” Always nice to hear!!

Back
Top Bottom