Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Marcal

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
D72B485F-1247-4771-A97F-CA4B8F4C5591.jpeg

Looks like Marcal is off at the end of the season. Not massively surprising I guess, he’s been OK this season but he’s not gonna be first choice with Ait-Nouri pushing on the way he is.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 27304

Looks like Marcal is off at the end of the season. Not massively surprising I guess, he’s been OK this season but he’s not gonna be first choice with Ait-Nouri pushing on the way he is.
With Jonny back we are well covered so his chances are going to be limited. Can fully understand him going back home.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
He's been a funny one for me. At times he's looked good, did very well at Everton, but at other times he's been awful. He plays like he's made of iron when he's actually made of glass. Maybe the combination of him not being a wingback and not getting regular games (because he can't stay fit for long enough!) hasn't done him any favours. Never doubted his commitment though, good luck to him.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probabl best for him if he gets a move. He won't be first choice, and is not getting any younger. I think he has been decent enough, and goes with my best wishes

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We can't really moan about marcal ...he is what he is..a short term cheap option ....in some ways he has done well really. ..... remember he has been used for a season longer than we originally intended with Jonny doing his knee again.....still think we need to replace him though, not sure Giles is cut out for wingback in the premier league.....for me I would sell Giles and hoever and bring another left wing back in .....Jonny /semedo for RWB and rayan plus another for LWB........much prefer a left footer at LWB to attack on the outside....

Alex grimaldo has a year left at benfica in the summer or even Maxwell cornet who can play forward as well would be two we should look at ....or DJed Spence if we wanted Jonny LWB.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s been a good signing and proof that players can be signed as cover/slight competition to bolster the squad and not just spend their time “moaning” and “sulking” on the training ground and bench as suggested by the club previously.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never warmed to him, but he's done a decent enough job, and he's been far sturdier this year after a season made of biscuit crumbs. Not a wing-back in a hundred years, and Ait-Nouri (odd brain-melt aside) improves us when he's there instead.

Most importantly, it will be money off the wage bill in the summer because I imagine he's on a hefty whack for very little tangible return.

But Marcal was okay, he wasn't trouble, and he put a shift in, if we're going retro. We'll just need to find someone new whose name can now be misspelt.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Presumably no fee involved.

He’s 33 and probably gets one last payday.

Good luck to him. Fernando is one of those players who, in a few years time, I will have to try and remember his name.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Good luck to him. Fernando is one of those players who, in a few years time, I will have to try and remember his name.
End of contract.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s been a pretty decent signing, probably what we’ve needed a couple more of the past few seasons to bulk up the small squad.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never really minded Marcal
Always did a job,thought he was excellent in a few games
Shows you dont have to pay a fortune for a decent player as back up option
He would, had it not been for his injury issues, doubtless have cost much more.

T

TheConcourse

Good honest pro who served his purpose.

My expectations of him didn’t align with his ability. Was never going to be the explosive WB that we needed, and it’s been harsh to put him in that bucket.

Probably some additional benefits having him around too (RAN’s development).

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hes done well was never going to be a groundbreaking signing but he was very good value for money.

Next season I'd like to see Jonny/RAN battling out for left back and Semedo/Bolla on the right with Hoever loaned or sold depending what Bruno wants.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hes done well was never going to be a groundbreaking signing but he was very good value for money.

Next season I'd like to see Jonny/RAN battling out for left back and Semedo/Bolla on the right with Hoever loaned or sold depending what Bruno wants.
I think Hoever is gone, cant see a way back for him after a public slagging off from Bruno tbh

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But Marcal was okay, he wasn't trouble, and he put a shift in, if we're going retro. We'll just need to find someone new whose name can now be misspelt.
Don't worry.

At the mo we still have Connor Coady, Ki Hoover, Max Killman, Joao Mourinho and Rueben Neves.

And that's without Chinqino, Chiquitita, Chipsandgravy, or whatever his name is.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

"Fernando? Who's that?". Had totally forgotten his first name already.:)

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Done perfectly well for us. RAN has a much higher ceiling obviously, but the Brazilian wouldn't have made the mistake for the first goal on Friday
Different type of defender I think if we change formation RAN be better further forward

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not withstanding the stupid penalty he cost us, he’s been a bargain replacement and was decently reliable.
I wish him well.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently we've offered Saiss a new two year contract.
He's often been on the bench for us, especially in the early years, and always seemed to accept it with good grace.

If this news is correct (no disrespect, Old Wittonian), and if he stays then I would expect Romain to accept that he becomes more of a squad player.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's often been on the bench for us, especially in the early years, and always seemed to accept it with good grace.

If this news is correct (no disrespect, Old Wittonian), and if he stays then I would expect Romain to accept that he becomes more of a squad player.
11 March Daily Mail:

Wolves offer Romain Saiss a new contract after a stellar season at Molineux as Bruno Lage's side aim to avoid losing the experienced defender on a free transfer this summer
By Tom Collomosse

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good.

He’s done well . But cannot play this system any more . Far too negative and far too slow.

Back
Top Bottom