Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Man Utd v Wolves comms thread.

Rowzed

Reaction score
With 2 weeks of the transfer window left I hope that display by a few of our players doesn't put them in the shop window.
Sadly I think all our best players are in the shop window. GO’N alluded to that when he said people can move and things can change. Hope he is referring to Podence, though he can get a goal !

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s a particularly horrible feeling when you know your team should be given a penalty, literally every other single person in football thinks it’s a penalty, yet you know that they won’t give it and that is confirmed.

It happens so often with Wolves. I remember when Neto scored at Anfield, saying to the Liverpool fan I was watching with ‘they’ll find a way not to give it’. Then Jonny’s pixelated toenail was given offside. Toti at Anfield, Pope on Raul, the Lemina yellow, and so many other instances.

That kind of injustice creates a really visceral reaction and I just don’t understand how it can be allowed to continue, year after year.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lee Dixon, Mustoe, Robbie Earle, Tim Howard, Jeff Stelling and my mum all said Pen!
I was watching it with my nephew, a staunch Villa fan who can't stand us, he went absolutely mental at the initial challenge and then said stonewall penalty.
I knew it wouldn't be given, simply due to how long they took to view it!
You can bet your bottom dollar it's given at the other end, and it wouldn't have taken 152 views!!!
Still, at least we can look forward to our first apology of the season from PGMOL!!!

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was watching it with my nephew, a staunch Villa fan who can't stand us, he went absolutely mental at the initial challenge and then said stonewall penalty.
I knew it wouldn't be given, simply due to how long they took to view it!
You can bet your bottom dollar it's given at the other end, and it wouldn't have taken 152 views!!!
Still, at least we can look forward to our first apology of the season from PGMOL!!!
...I was also messaged by a United supporting mate at the end, apologising and saying we were robbed!

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think that JadeWolf summed it up perfectly in her pre-match thread.

Since we have to play ManUtd away at some point in the season, now is probably the best time, before they get into a settled routine. We do have a good squad of players and if they click we could just sneak a result. Any way I hope the lads come up with a performance to be proud of whatever the result!

COYW you can do it! :D :D :D

View attachment 36471
Well they certainly did come up with a performance to be proud of.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think that JadeWolf summed it up perfectly in her pre-match thread.

Since we have to play ManUtd away at some point in the season, now is probably the best time, before they get into a settled routine.
I think the pest time to play Man United is post 2010.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very disappointed with Cunha still as the no9. It just does not work and I hoped ONeil would have seen this. Pleased to see Gomes back in.
You are disappointed with Cunha! You have to be joking. His runs through the middle were fantastic and gave us another dimension.
The only thing missing was a goal... it will come. That was a fantastic performance from him and I really despair when I see comments like yours.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You are disappointed with Cunha! You have to be joking. His runs through the middle were fantastic and gave us another dimension.
The only thing missing was a goal... it will come. That was a fantastic performance from him and I really despair when I see comments like yours.

Jesus wept. Talk about having an agenda. Did I say I was disappointed with Cunha? No and that is a lie. I said he isnt a no9 and I was disappointed he was playing as the no 9. He was excellent tonight and fair play. Sorry I had an opinion at the start of the match that I dont think he is a natural number 9. I have to quite wonder what your aim is in digging out my post tonight when others said the same before the match. By the way I still dont think he is a natural no9. He will be brilliant playing off Fabio. Put me on ignore if you despair so much at an opinion of mine before a match and dont quote my post and lie about it to get a dig in.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s a particularly horrible feeling when you know your team should be given a penalty, literally every other single person in football thinks it’s a penalty, yet you know that they won’t give it and that is confirmed.

It happens so often with Wolves. I remember when Neto scored at Anfield, saying to the Liverpool fan I was watching with ‘they’ll find a way not to give it’. Then Jonny’s pixelated toenail was given offside. Toti at Anfield, Pope on Raul, the Lemina yellow, and so many other instances.

That kind of injustice creates a really visceral reaction and I just don’t understand how it can be allowed to continue, year after year.
Part of me wishes we’d take legal action.

I know, I know we never would. But I wish we would just to expose what an obviously corrupt cartel it is.

Last edited:

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He said he didn't think there was enough for the decision to be overturned. Which misses the point that Hooper made an error by not giving it. How a ref with a clear view can't see that is a penalty is staggering. All that nonsense about a "high bar" is cobblers.
Just look at the penalty Brentford got and then tell me how that is not a penalty, unbelievable

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One or two shots that he should of buried but you can’t say his work rate wasn’t apparent tonight

I like Cunha but just dont think he is a natural no9. He will be far better playing off Fabio in my opinion and that potential partnership excites me. It seems one poster got his knickers in a twist and used my post to make out I was disappointed in Cunha which was complete rubbish, I like him a lot but feel he is a no10 style player. Others said the same at the start of the match but this poster who is now ignoring me, thank God, conveniently forgot this to take a pop at me.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I haven't really. ;)
"Lying?" ...now what you on about?

You quoted me as being disappointed in Cunha which is a lie. I said I was disappointed in him playing as a no9. Bit of a difference pal. Helped you to get your weird dig in at me though. I actually rate Cunha but as a 10. He did well tonight but he will do even better with Fabio playing with him. Anyway I thought you had me on ignore? That was a quick change around pal. Very odd you have a go at my post when I wasnt the only poster not sure about Cunha as no9 but choose to pick out mine. Equally very telling though as well. Please do me a huge favour and stick me on ignore. I will be delighted.

Last edited:

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's the doubling down by these cretins I can't stand. And then booking GON for complaining... I just wanna burn Hooper's car and make him walk home after that inept performance. He was a disgrace all night long. I sincerely hope we don't forget this when he comes to Mol. next.
Honestly it’s laughable. No other sport has these issues with technology and imagine if it was the other way round.

Every pundit goes as far as they can calling it incompetence without stepping into the ‘bias/corrupt’ territory (understandably).

Surely an official complaint can be lodged, although Jeff would probably address it to the wrong person and refuse to pay for the stamp.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You quoted me as being disappointed in Cunha which is a lie. I said I was disappointed in him playing as a no9. Bit of a difference pal. Helped you to get your weird dig in at me though. I actually rate Cunha but as a 10. He did well tonight but he will do even better with Fabio playing with him. Anyway I thought you had me on ignore? That was a quick change around pal. Stop making a fool of yourself.
Ah... my humble apologies to you. First of all, an admission.... I have several tabs open on my laptop... I honestly thought you had posted that after the game. I now see it was before.

Secondly, yes, I agree, you did say as a no9. I also apologise for misreading that.

So, apologies, apologies, apologies.

And I haven't ignored you. ;)

PS. Cunha as a No. 9.... we really don't play with a 9 anyway. Only at the end when we threw the big lads on would you say that was anything like a traditional centre forward line up. And, in the modern game, you really don't have to play with a 9. We created plenty of opportunities without one.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ah... my humble apologies to you. First of all, an admission.... I have several tabs open on my laptop... I honestly thought you had posted that after the game. I now see it was before.

Secondly, yes, I agree, you did say as a no9. I also apologise for misreading that.

So, apologies, apologies, apologies.

And I haven't ignored you. ;)

PS. Cunha as a No. 9.... we really don't play with a 9 anyway. Only at the end when we threw the big lads on would you say that was anything like a traditional centre forward line up. And, in the modern game, you really don't have to play with a 9. We created plenty of opportunities without one.

Apology accepted.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Remind me of the last time we created that number of chances

Keep creating them and we'll start sticking some in
This 100% the goals will come if we continue to create them openings... We were brave tonight good pressing and took risks with the ball completely different to what we saw last season where away from home we looked beaten before a ball was kicked!

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Personally I only watch full games of Wolves, so I'm sure that fans of other teams feel the same as us as being hard done by time and time again. I think the truth of it is that all teams suffer from poor officiating throughout the season. The problem isn't again us, it's that the standard of refs are rock bottom.

Refs need to be paid more and we need to get them in from overseas. The best league in the world should have the best refs in the world.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I only watch full games of Wolves, so I'm sure that fans of other teams feel the same as us as being hard done by time and time again. I think the truth of it is that all teams suffer from poor officiating throughout the season. The problem isn't again us, it's that the standard of refs are rock bottom.

Refs need to be paid more and we need to get them in from overseas. The best league in the world should have the best refs in the world.
I agree the refs are a joke and also that all teams suffer from it from time to time, but I cannot think of another team other than Brighton who get as spectacularly shafted as us.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree the refs are a joke and also that all teams suffer from it from time to time, but I cannot think of another team other than Brighton who get as spectacularly shafted as us.
Do you watch full games from other teams? That's why I mentioned that i don't, so I don't know how many errors each team suffers from per game. If we watched every game and counted how many times a team got shafted, I have no idea if we would be top of that list. We have a 1/20 chance, so we probably wouldn't.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you watch full games from other teams? That's why I mentioned that i don't, so I don't know how many errors each team suffers from per game. If we watched every game and counted how many times a team got shafted, I have no idea if we would be top of that list. We have a 1/20 chance, so we probably wouldn't.
I watch full games of most teams, even Champ games when Prem isn’t on, and lots of international football too.

In the Prem glaring errors will get picked up on MOTD etc, and we’ve had some of the most egregious, consistently.

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
Shades of Bruno’s first few games. Just hope we don’t have to revert to defensive counter attack again because of our inabilities to score goals.
I don’t think we will mate under O’Neil. Thought he spoke very well after the game and think eventually Cunha, Fabio, Sasa and Nunes will chip in with goals plus Neto and Hwang when playing with a bit more confidence. If last night was the blueprint for the season then it should be a good one!

tamworthwolf

Reaction score
Man Utd away was an ideal first league game for us after a horrible summer. No real expectation and a chance for real quality players to show what they can do on the biggest stage. We were unlucky but I think the game went exactly as I expected.

Yes, we should've scored at least one and that was a stonewall penalty at the end. Teams like Wolves do not get those decisions at Old Trafford though - some things never change.

We played well and were the better team. That was Lopetegui's team though and we have a long way to go. I really do feel that we need to get points on the board if we are going to do anything this season. O'Neil needs momentum or he simply isn't going to last. He is a top bloke and he was excellent at Bournemouth. But comparing his CV to Lopetegui's is a big step down. Best of luck to O'Neil and his staff - fingers crossed he can build on tonight and the team he has inherited. I'm sure he'll get a good reception on Saturday.

We lost Neves which is huge. He has been completely different class the last few years. I think we have good cover for all of the other players that have left. I still think our bench last night was better than any other team outside the top 8 sides in the Prem (even better than Villa's). That shows how well we've improved the squad over the last few seasons.

Most people won't agree with me on this and I apologise in advance but... I really feel that Max Kilman is still the weakest link in our team. I really want him to step up and improve his defensive positioning and decision making. He consistently makes mistakes and did again last night. He probably did 4 or 5 really good things in the game but also made 4 or 5 quite bad mistakes. It is entertaining when he dribbles forward (and he's good at it) but his job is to defend. He needs to improve for me. He needs to cut out the mistakes if we are going to move forward. He can learn from Dawson. We need him to play well to get the points we need and I think we could even be a top 10 side. The goals will come if we keep creating chances and get some belief back.

Hopefully we can get the points on Saturday. It is going to be tough but we definitely can win. Playing at home to Brighton is completely different to what we faced last night but let's hope for some luck and do the job.

Last edited:

IronWolf

Reaction score
Lee Dixon, Mustoe, Robbie Earle, Tim Howard, Jeff Stelling and my mum all said Pen!
I was on the fence, until you mentioned your mum!

Seriously though, even Specsavers thought this was a bad decision!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230815-080531.png
    Screenshot_20230815-080531.png
    602.4 KB · Views: 24

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Onana had a good game you have to say I think de gea in the sticks and Fabio get one
I think he was lucky. He slows really play so much from the back and was fortunate today. But I guess being lucky is handy for a keeper.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he was lucky. He slows really play so much from the back and was fortunate today. But I guess being lucky is handy for a keeper.
Fair point, he definitely slowed it down alot compared to how quick sa was trying to release counters (sa has an excellent throw on him)

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
played really well, very happy with what i saw

i think we will be more than ok - so as we get lucky with injuries, anyone else wince everytime one of our players went down holding a leg or an ankle ?

Ditton Wolf

Reaction score
Having mulled over last nights performance I was impressed by the teams level of fitness. I thought we might have our backs against the wall last 15 but didn't happen.

John Wolves Fan

Groupie
Reaction score
Was a clear penalty and many fans of our local rivals have been sticking up for us which is nice to see!

Back
Top Bottom