Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Man Utd Away

• Thread starter Deleted member 4257
  • Start date

haveaniceday

Groupie
Reaction score
Lived in manc for a few years now, heading to the game with some united supporting friends but will be sat on my own(hands) in the united end. Some tips for good pubs/restauramts-

Sinclairs oyster bar - £2.50 a pint and usually heaving with fans, great place for an atmosphere its just in exchange square.
Northern Quarter - Abel Heywood, Crown and Kettle, Marble Arch, Castle Hotel and Kosmonaut are all pretty decent. Northern Quarter is only a 10 minute walk from piccadily station so dead easy to get to.

For food try "This n That", its in Northern Quarter and you get rice and 3 curries for about £4, amazing value and really good food, one of manchesters best secrets for sure. Little hard to find but worth it. Rudy's Pizza do incredible pizzas for a very cheap nice sit down meal and theres one in Ancoats/NQ and another just off Deansgate. Alternatively for quick eats Go Falafel and Northern Soul Grilled Cheese do great on the go sandwiches.

Enjoy the day, if anyone has any questions/problems at all feel free to PM me. UTW

D

Deleted member 4594

Awake
Face like a demented school boy
A grin from ear to ear
It must be match day
Wolves away at Old Trafford
Sing loud
Burst Ear Drums
Carl Ikeme's is Wolves number 1
Wolves ay we
Your face always looks like that?
Hopefully bump into you later mate.

D

Deleted at request of member 4337

There won't be any room for the home fans at this rate. Wishing you all a great day of sitting on your hands and pretending to be ******off that man u are being turned over by a newly promoted side!! COYW

5 - Lescott

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feel like im late! Just got up, train from Wolves at 11am. Hoping it goes better in the stretford end than it did in the holte o_O

JJ59

Reaction score
2 in the Directors seats, a once in a lifetime opportunity. Will be sitting on my hands apart from polite applause at a Man U goal. It's going to be tough but someones got to do it.

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2 in the Directors seats, a once in a lifetime opportunity. Will be sitting on my hands apart from polite applause at a Man U goal. It's going to be tough but someones got to do it.

Cut loose like Nuno did in the directors box that time last season

I mean what are they gonna do? Throw a prawn sandwich at you?! :D

Raise hell.

D

Deleted member 4456

Watched 49 seconds. Not a good watch. That bloke doesn’t really call himself Dazzling Dave does he??
I didn't manage that long. He has one of those voices, though I'm sure he's a nice bloke.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My 69th Wanderers game I am being at - whether as a fan or a Steward and by far could be one of the best afternoons!

All I ask is that if I’m in the Away End, do have a “Glass or 2 - or three or four!” - but do behave! Have a ball everyone and let us dream of worldwide headlines once again.

P.S: I may make my feelings known to the leads about Team Kemes flag being banned - everywhere else had not a problem, so why the heck United?

D

Deleted member 4456

If I were to drive to Manchester, what would my chances of getting a ticket be? Are there still 'friendly sellers' near Bishop Blaize?

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Feel like im late! Just got up, train from Wolves at 11am. Hoping it goes better in the stretford end than it did in the holte o_O

I took my wife to a United game years ago as her family are reds and I got free ticket in Stretford end. Very weird experience for me as I’m quite loud at matches but obviously not my team on display I was just watching.

Anyway we were sat next to two die hards who could tell a mile off I wasn’t a supporter and gave me the evils at any opportunity which wasn’t great. Hopefully you won’t get that or worse!!

There was some funny songs sung to be fair. Far more imaginative than our lot!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
It's silly to think all their fans are plastic tourists to be fair. When we win the league in front of 50,000 three years from now we'll all still be there. Having said that the final part of my grandson's conversion today
His dad is a plastic Man U fan - needless to say it's his first visit to the ground and he'll be in gold and black.

Last edited:

sheffwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We are the very front row right next to the away dug out! Hope Nuno doesn’t block my view!!!!

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is a big day for Nuno - he won't want it to be about him but Mourinho effectively inspired Nuno into becoming a manager in the first place being a part of that incredible Porto side that won the Champions League 14 years ago so it is effectively 'master vs apprentice' even if the gap between the two is smaller than ever. It will be as big of a day for him as it will be for the players, I get the feeling some of that fiery passion will come out today!

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just dropped my wife off for some shopping at the Trafford Centre, couple of Wolves fans there already. Back in that direction for the game later, in the home end of course with all the Wolves fans!

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the tram across town

Reaction score
*******s.
There will be ****ing loads of us. Home tickets are a piece of **** to get hold of at UTD.
I’m one of 5 in our party and I know of another party in the same lounge as us- that is probably 9 in one lounge alone.
Which lounge you in...me and a mate in Captains lounge

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had my supervisor warn me to be mega careful - understandable when I’m in the Segregation line just on the other side of you folk (Start of The Sir Bobby Charlton Stand)!

Enjoy the afternoon each.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At Premier Premier Inn waiting for taxi to ground .
Am in home end. International Lounge.
Seats in Tier 1 Upper Block 205.
Wearing dark blue Fedora hat at jaunty angle .
COME ON YOU WOLVES!!

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now we will see whether the foreigners can really handle a damp, wet day in Manchester in not yet the middle of winter :rolleyes:. I think Manure will have too much experience and power and will win by a couple of goals.

Back
Top Bottom