Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Man Utd Away

• Thread starter Deleted member 4257
  • Start date

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Will probably see you as our 3 coaches will probably stop in Altrincham. I love this stop, great pubs, close together.
That's right Dudley. Quite an affluent place, actually.
I stayed in Altrincham last weekend, wanted to have a look round prior to our game, lots of pubs, bars, eateries grouped together.
The indoor market is fantastic. Split into two, food and drink and a traditional market, both parts having a wow factor.
Watched Watford v Man Utd in Tavern on The Green, and there is the large Station Hotel opposite Alty Interchange.
Trams to the city centre take 25 minutes but to Old Trafford just less than 20 mins.
Patience will be needed using the Old Trafford stop after the game, it does get rammed, better than parking near the ground though.

Berlin Wolf

Reaction score
Now I've discovered the Trafford Centre was a hoax I was thinking Altrincham tram too - seems like easy drive and nice 25 minute tram ride in and out. How bad will getting a tram back be?
Too right! The Trafford Centre on a match day would have been a disaster.
Even though the X50 bus from there passes near Old Trafford, it would be queued up with all the football traffic.
Altrincham, Sale or the City Centre by tram is best and fast, would leave Stretford out, not much there these days.
When construction work on the new Trafford Park line is completed in 2020, the Trafford Centre will be another good option on match days.

Berlin Wolf

Reaction score
There is a tesco that opened a couple of years ago only 5 minutes walk away for better booze choice. Head to Chester Road and turn right.
For take outs, that new Tesco on Chester Road is very handy, open 24/7 too..
There are pubs near to the ground of course, home pubs, with queues to get in some of them, managed by security.

M

Mr Wolf

Nice one everyone, think we’ll park up in Altringham then have a bit of food & drink then tram in.

Anywhere to booze after the game around the ground as we’ll probably wait a few hours until the rush has gone for the tram back?

D

Deleted member 4257

Nice one everyone, think we’ll park up in Altringham then have a bit of food & drink then tram in.

Anywhere to booze after the game around the ground as we’ll probably wait a few hours until the rush has gone for the tram back?

Aisle 4 Tesco Party after game?

Berlin Wolf

Reaction score
I was there in the summer and the bouncers of the pubs were awful. No standing up outside or making too much noise. Police were all over it as well. Far better to go into northern quarter or near deansgate IMO.
Pubs and Bars in the Northern Quarter and Deansgate are certainly good options, if you know your way around.
Apparently, 250,000 people descend on Manchester City Centre over a weekend for entertainment, it can get lively at times.
As you say, there is security on some of the bars, like Sinclairs and inside the Printworks, the Corn Exchange and Arndale are ok though.

Last edited:

stroud wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Altrincham for me as well.
Should be there around 11.00 if the M5 and M6 behave.
Can't wait for this. Buzzing.

Berlin Wolf

Reaction score

The pubs on Chester Road near the ground, if you don't show your colours.
There are tram lines 1 and 2 from Altrincham to the City Centre, to Bury and Piccadilly.
So, effectively, a tram every six minutes, and extra football special trams are added.
Greater Manchester Transport and Police are used to handling 75,000 crowds.
They haven't handled a 3,000 strong Wolf Pack for many years though..

Greater Manchester tram network map

Last edited:

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was there in the summer and the bouncers of the pubs were awful. No standing up outside or making too much noise. Police were all over it as well. Far better to go into northern quarter or near deansgate IMO.

Northern Quarter everytime.
Those not familiar, use a popular search engine and have a butchers.

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Northern Quarter everytime.
Those not familiar, use a popular search engine and have a butchers.

I’ve ended up in tib st tavern the last few times. Decent sports bar with lots of screens.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You will be fine. The tourists will all be taking photos for 90 mins and there other fans following song sheets. When Neves scores a 93rd min winner make sure they know it.

Stretford End full of tourists..........not in my day it wasn't.
Crazy thing is, that scenarioo could happen to the Southbank one day, heaven forbid !

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What about Media City before the game, any advice?

There is lime bar at the lowry outlet which has a number of TVs
Dockbar is at media city although not sure what its like on match day.
Theres some fancy pants bars - artisan and botinist!

Don Corleone

Reaction score
I think I’ve got two, best available from ‘online express’ over face value but my lads 18th birthday weekend....only 18 once ay?
The beers n surprise party the night before though suggest a heavy weekend :rolleyes::confused::(

Sorted, two tickets in the roof mind block NN04 I think. Oh well Port St first for beer then team from Piccadilly....

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everyone meet in the Millstone after the game and get some Wolves songs on the karaoke.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Breaking news:
A pack of Wolves, sharpened teeth and blood dripping from their mouths from their last victims (Burnley) were last seen on the M6 believed to be heading for Manchester

D

Deleted member 4257

If there is a few of you would be cheaper to split a cab from Altringham instead of each paying for tram. That's what we will prob just do from centre

Last edited by a moderator:

RedFlagWolf

Reaction score
Plea for help......work has taken me to Liverpool so I'm looking for any knowledge on where the game could viewed with a pint???

Cheers.

5 - Lescott

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Plea for help......work has taken me to Liverpool so I'm looking for any knowledge on where the game could viewed with a pint???

Cheers.

Struggling I would imagine, you’ll need a pub streaming it first but then will the Scousers be watching Utd? Unlikely I’d say

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jose's assessment of Wolves in his presser.....

“Very good. Last season, dominant and we all know that is not easy to be dominant in the Championship, even if you have the best team, it's not easy to be dominant and they were dominant since the beginning until the end, so very, very good. And then, strong market, great work, great adaptation to the Premier League, getting the points and the performances, not just the points, points and performances. That makes them feel and makes everybody feel, I'd put myself that they're going to have a very stable season, very far from the problems that normally a team that comes from the Championship has.”

And on Nuno.....

“When they are players, you have always some players that you have a little bit of a feeling they can become managers, but I don't think even think about it. And that team in Porto, I would say 75 per cent of them are now managers. Nuno reached this Premier League level and he reached by his own merit and credit. He didn't come direct to the Premier League, he came to the Championship, so he earned the right to be a Premier League manager and fantastic work. The results speaks by itself.”

Noweimannnocry

Reaction score
Jose's assessment of Wolves in his presser.....

“Very good. Last season, dominant and we all know that is not easy to be dominant in the Championship, even if you have the best team, it's not easy to be dominant and they were dominant since the beginning until the end, so very, very good. And then, strong market, great work, great adaptation to the Premier League, getting the points and the performances, not just the points, points and performances. That makes them feel and makes everybody feel, I'd put myself that they're going to have a very stable season, very far from the problems that normally a team that comes from the Championship has.”

And on Nuno.....

“When they are players, you have always some players that you have a little bit of a feeling they can become managers, but I don't think even think about it. And that team in Porto, I would say 75 per cent of them are now managers. Nuno reached this Premier League level and he reached by his own merit and credit. He didn't come direct to the Premier League, he came to the Championship, so he earned the right to be a Premier League manager and fantastic work. The results speaks by itself.”

A good and fair account by the teacher there, but...

the time the pupil bites back has arrived :p

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some nice comments about Wolves from Morinho. Clearly he is not taking anything for granted. It will be a tough game tomorrow, for both teams.

D

Deleted member 5276

I wonder how many on here are going to be in with the Utd fans?!
I'm flying in tonight and arriving in Manchester around 8am. I'll be sitting directly behind Mourinho with Utd fans. Looking forward to the experience. Last time I sat with the opposition was years back at Burnley when Zico Palmer scored with a free kick to give us the win. Anyone remember that?

tamworth

Groupie
Reaction score
Doing the same, assume if you politely clap if they score and keep schtum when we score a 93rd minute winner we’ll be fine
They leave 10 minutes before end so hope it's a 0-0 until 93 minutes and then Neves scores a 20 yarder. Then we may see the real Wolves support, I predict there will be 4 - 4.5k Wolves there tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom