Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Man Utd Away

• Thread starter Deleted member 4257
  • Start date

Moseley Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Can’t see this one going to 1060 sadly. Have 3 away games in bag for points reset so fingers crossed for Palace...

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A very good friend of mine who is a Utd supporter, (a born and bread Mancunian, with a soft spot for Wolves), has obtained 2 Tickets for us, via one of his sons, in The Stretford End.
Just hope we can put on a good performance, and keep the high and mighty core of their support quiet but fired up, to vent their frustrations on JM.
Bring it on!

sheffwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ill be in the Man U end for this - hopefully with some complimentary tickets which are right by the tunnel! Awful place to watch the game from (too low down - almost below the pitch!) but great for seeing the players up close before and after. My lad will be in heaven!

P

Pinhead

this is gonna sell like wild fire kids prices are well cheap fair play to utd on that

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In over 50 years of supporting Wolves I have never been to OT and unless the allocations change it looks like I never will!!!!!!!! I totally agree with the way Wolves allocate their supply but I will never accept that in a ground that holds 80k the away side gets 3k???? Surely it should be on a % of ground capacity, say 5% or 10% - this would then give Woves 4k or 8k, which imo is reasonable for a ground of 80k. It would also make the atmosphere tons better. At least I have the memory of seeing Kenny Miller and George Elokobi scoring against them at Molineux!

D

Deleted member 4257

In over 50 years of supporting Wolves I have never been to OT and unless the allocations change it looks like I never will!!!!!!!! I totally agree with the way Wolves allocate their supply but I will never accept that in a ground that holds 80k the away side gets 3k???? Surely it should be on a % of ground capacity, say 5% or 10% - this would then give Woves 4k or 8k, which imo is reasonable for a ground of 80k. It would also make the atmosphere tons better. At least I have the memory of seeing Kenny Miller and George Elokobi scoring against them at Molineux!

Its nothing special mate. Went to Micks league cup game and when we lost 2.1 to a late utd goal. Atmosphere is ****, away concourse awful and tourists around ground everywhere.
But with there current form a great chance to get a win up there.

tf7

Reaction score
Thankfully I was there in October 1978 when Mel Eve's scored the only goal of the game, only a few hundred in the Scoreboard end, NO away season ticket needed, pay on the turnstiles days.

A wee lad of 18 I was then, not very pleasant after the game for us in attendance, but thats life for you.

D

Deleted member 3518

Surely in that 50 years you've had plenty of opportunities, I know I have and been there?:confused:

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Should be good, agree with @northnorfolkwolf though, 3k is stingy for a ground that big. Yeah I get that they only have to offer 3k, but even so!

D

Deleted member 3518

Thankfully I was there in October 1978 when Mel Eve's scored the only goal of the game, only a few hundred in the Scoreboard end, NO away season ticket needed, pay on the turnstiles days.

A wee lad of 18 I was then, not very pleasant after the game for us in attendance, but thats life for you.

Too right, had some "great" days in the scoreboard end going back to the 60's when we used to have a welcoming committee from the home fans around 16:30, always pay on the gate till the last few years, anyone wanting to go could go. Had a day in the Stretford End with Chelsea fans, quite an experience but that's for another day.;)

W

we8wba

Surely in that 50 years you've had plenty of opportunities, I know I have and been there?:confused:

It’s only been this season and first year of premier each time this sold out early doors for just fans who go weekly

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's very annoying that the PL's rules stipulate, that for Away fans, it's either 10% of a ground's capacity or in and around 3000 - in the way of which ever one comes first.

If it was the 10% rule across the board, we should have got 7500 on the dot, with Old Trafford being 74,994.

Knowing too that after Wednesday V Ipswich on Saturday and the MotoGP at Silverstone on Sunday, that I'll probably be on the Away End Segregation line for Monday's game v Spurs which I'm stewarding at, who knows if I'll also suddenly appear!

Floyd Man

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too right, had some "great" days in the scoreboard end going back to the 60's when we used to have a welcoming committee from the home fans around 16:30, always pay on the gate till the last few years, anyone wanting to go could go. Had a day in the Stretford End with Chelsea fans, quite an experience but that's for another day.;)
Would that have been the FA Cup Final replay vs Leeds?

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
Last & first time I went for a Man U v Wolves league game was early '80s, I had a mate at Liverpool Uni so it was to there to pick him up for a night game - looked it up must have been Wed 12 Nov 1980, remember the misty streets of back to back houses then Old Trafford emerging at the end of one of those streets, not like today with all the space round the ground, have no memory of the match, looked it up a 0-0.

The only other time I've been is when I took my 87 year old dad to the Olympics semi final where Brazil beat S Korea, he couldn't believe a weedy little kid named Naymer was rated at X million quid !!!

Got my car parking booked, really looking forward to it.

Last edited:
B

BigBadWolf

Been to Old Trafford once, when Ji Sung Park popped up in the last min! Looking forward to this very much! Most likely stop with family in Liverpool and get the train into Manc from Lime Street.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Isn’t there a £30 cap? Yep well done for charging the most they possibly can....

Did you miss the 'kids'?
Does anyone charge anything but £30 for adults?

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Love it I was there that day too
I think it was worse a couple of years earlier FA cup sixth round drew 1-1
Richards put us 1 up before Pearson equalised late on, carnage before and after the game,
Lost the replay 3-2 after being 2-0 up I didn't speak to anyone for two days after, was in pieces

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First trip to Old Trafford was 1975 against Norwich in the old 2nd Division. Only other time was for our 2nd string's 3-0 defeat.

Wolf of Salop

Groupie
Reaction score

Madeley lads can cope

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbh Rhos in all those 50 years we cannot have been in the same division for more than 15/20 of them? And then away with the RAF o/seas, living abroad and never lived anywhere near Manchester till now. I expect there may have been the occasional game I could have got to but most of my away travel has been 'down South' where I mostly have lived.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why should clubs have to give a percentage of their ground just because it’s big?

They don’t build it so big just for the benefit of away fans. It’s one thing if it’s like Sunderland and half empty, but this will be sold out in the home ends.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love it I was there that day too
I think it was worse a couple of years earlier FA cup sixth round drew 1-1
Richards put us 1 up before Pearson equalised late on, carnage before and after the game,
Lost the replay 3-2 after being 2-0 up I didn't speak to anyone for two days after, was in pieces
Went to both of those. There were at least 15,000 away fans at both games.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why should clubs have to give a percentage of their ground just because it’s big?

They don’t build it so big just for the benefit of away fans. It’s one thing if it’s like Sunderland and half empty, but this will be sold out in the home ends.
Because season ticket holders have rights. United have 72,000 of them with hundreds of thousands on a ten year waiting list. Every time they have increased capacity, those at the top of the list fill the extra seats.

Same at Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle, Spurs, West Ham.

tamworth

Groupie
Reaction score
A very good friend of mine who is a Utd supporter, (a born and bread Mancunian, with a soft spot for Wolves), has obtained 2 Tickets for us, via one of his sons, in The Stretford End.
Just hope we can put on a good performance, and keep the high and mighty core of their support quiet but fired up, to vent their frustrations on JM.
Bring it on!
Elvis I might bump into you as I will be with a Manure fan who had a spare for this game. Remember to sit on your hands when Neves scores.

tamworth

Groupie
Reaction score
First trip to Old Trafford was 1975 against Norwich in the old 2nd Division. Only other time was for our 2nd string's 3-0 defeat.
Mine was the 5-1 defeat (early eighties ?) When Robson signed on the pitch.

P

Pinhead

Isn’t there a £30 cap? Yep well done for charging the most they possibly can....
if you look at my post i didnt mention adults every club will charge the £30 I was saying fair play for the £10 kids tickets not like west ham the robbing ****s charging £25 for a kids ticket

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last time I went to OT we drew 1-1 in the Cup , then lost 3-2 at home in a fantastic game

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve been twice, once when Mick did his infamous rest the whole team and once when Park got two with the winner in the last minute.

I can get a ticket in one of the home sections if I want it, just not sure I fancy going up there by myself to be honest, we’ll see.

R

reanswolf

Its just another example of the rules being adapted for the big boys.

R

reanswolf

Because season ticket holders have rights. United have 72,000 of them with hundreds of thousands on a ten year waiting list. Every time they have increased capacity, those at the top of the list fill the extra seats.

Same at Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle, Spurs, West Ham.
Manure limit season ticket sales to 55000.

Back
Top Bottom