Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Man United vs Barcelona

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wondered what team you want to win?

Normally it would be Barcelona but two things make me want United to win this time.The way Barcelona fell over and surrounded the ref in their first leg against Real Madrid and secondly they did us a big favour against Blackpool last week. So for once its United for me.

W

whiterose wolf

United as they're an English club, my brothers a season ticket holder and they're underdogs. Barca, cos they're a class apart.

Can't wait to watch a game and hope the best team wins!! I might actually notice the football rather than hiding behind my hands for half the game.

Q

Quirkafleeg

Man Utd because there an English team. More English success in Europe the more the rest of the Premiership has a chance in European competition..

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I say I don't mind. I just want to see lots of goals and a grear game. So no doubt it will be 0 0!

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A big 'No' to that! Barca represent everything which is good about Football - ignoring sponsorship by sponsoring UNICEF, bringing on their own youthful talent, being owned by their local supporters, playing the game as beautifully as possible. United, along with Real Madrid, represent making money out of sympathy, poaching other clubs' young talent, trying to bully their way to preferential treatment, putting marketing & commercial expansion ahead of the Football side of the club and ..... how much time have you got?

The only way Manure will beat Barca is by getting away with what Real Madrid tried to do - change a game of Football into something nastier.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An English club? None of the top 4 clubs in the Prem relies on home-grown talent! And they are all foreign-owned.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Couldn't give a $$$$! Just want to see a really fast, exciting game and a few goals. Chippenham is full of $$$$s walking around in their Utd tops - makes me want to punch them!

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Barca all day long for me !!

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Man Utd for me. Don't like them but 3 reasons I can think of are

1) Munich
2) George Best
3) Last Sunday

scotterwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Supporting Man U after they did us a favour last Sunday (for one night only!)

Ulver

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wondered what team you want to win?

Normally it would be Barcelona but two things make me want United to win this time.The way Barcelona fell over and surrounded the ref in their first leg against Real Madrid and secondly they did us a big favour against Blackpool last week. So for once its United for me.

You have to take the Real Madrid game in context. There is a level of hatred fuelled by the Spanish/Catalonian divide and newspapers like Marca being Real Madrid propaganda devices (photoshopping Barca goals to make them appear offside for example).

That game was 'do anything, no matter how unsporting/underhand'. However the respect they have for United should allow for a proper game.

I am a massive fan of the Messi/Xavi/Iniesta triumvirate. OK Busquets and Daniel Alves are suspect characters but those three are phenomenal and play in the spirit of the game.

Hopefully both teams perform to the level they are capable of and we get a classic. I'd back Barca 7/10 times though, I don't think Utd have quite the players to press effectively with Fletcher still regaining fitness and Hargreaves being out of the picture.

M

Mr Wolf

A big 'No' to that! Barca represent everything which is good about Football - QUOTE]

Apart from all the cheating, card waving & diving yes they are not a bad team. They have just signed a sponsorship deal with Qatar Foundation.

Lets see how these perfect players try & wind Rooney up tonight.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would love to see Barca perform like they did in their home league game against Real Madrid - they won 5-0 and RM were lucky it was only 5! It was probably the best performance I've ever seen by a club side. If they play like that and United win they'll deserve it!

As others have stated just hope it's a great game. Anyone who doesn't enjoy watching Messi, Iniesta and Xavi at their best lacks a soul!

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
CGAS

Couldn't give a bleep

S

Staten Island Wolf

Barcelona for me. Home of the popular front in 1935 that showed the world how working people can run their own lives.

J

Jungleee

A big 'No' to that! Barca represent everything which is good about Football - ignoring sponsorship by sponsoring UNICEF, bringing on their own youthful talent, being owned by their local supporters, playing the game as beautifully as possible. United, along with Real Madrid, represent making money out of sympathy, poaching other clubs' young talent, trying to bully their way to preferential treatment, putting marketing & commercial expansion ahead of the Football side of the club and ..... how much time have you got?

This.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You have to take the Real Madrid game in context. There is a level of hatred fuelled by the Spanish/Catalonian divide and newspapers like Marca being Real Madrid propaganda devices (photoshopping Barca goals to make them appear offside for example).

That game was 'do anything, no matter how unsporting/underhand'. However the respect they have for United should allow for a proper game.

I am a massive fan of the Messi/Xavi/Iniesta triumvirate. OK Busquets and Daniel Alves are suspect characters but those three are phenomenal and play in the spirit of the game.

Hopefully both teams perform to the level they are capable of and we get a classic. I'd back Barca 7/10 times though, I don't think Utd have quite the players to press effectively with Fletcher still regaining fitness and Hargreaves being out of the picture.

Still no excuse for their behaviour that night they were well out of order.

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
United for me tonight. Same reasons as the original post. Barca are great to watch and entertaining, but some of them are cheating little s**** (then again....Nani?). plus the Mrs is a Red Devil...

S

savagewolf

I`m neutral but Barcelona will wipe the floor with United.Wonder who NNW will be supporting :D

D

Deleted member 3604

May the best team win and it be a spectacular of football. Big game for Ferdinand and Vidic - fancy United to win it though.

wolf97

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Basically, this is England v Spain (Champs of English league v Champs of Spanish League). And, being English, I want Manure to win.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
United for me, I'm a sucker for the underdog. If any team is capable of stopping Barca it's Manchester United.

Barcelona play beautiful football but the play acting in the first leg of the semi-final took the shine off it for me.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neither team is invincible, could go either way, I hope United's.

A

Apocalypse Now

The only way Manure will beat Barca is by getting away with what Real Madrid tried to do - change a game of Football into something nastier.

Would that be the barca who "kidnapped"messi as youngster from Argentina and the pumped him full of growth hormones? Not sure villa and mascherano would count as youthful talent. From watching them against real and inter last year, they are quite simply the unacceptable face of football, I think simulation was invented in the camp nou with puyol possibly one of the biggest cheats in football. Consistently on the right side of dubious decisions, just ask Chelsea.

United all the way.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Berbatov not in United squad. Sign him up!

C

CatManDoza

Don't care who wins really so long as its entertaining and at least one of my bets comes in!

S

Shergar

HTF did Eidur Gudjonnson get the gig on sky? The guy is showing As much feeling and emotion as a tin of paint, it's like he doesn't want to be there.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Barcelona are undeniably a fine team but to some degree Mourinho was correct, they have cultivated the "greatest team ever tag" and to a large degree their misdemeanours are overlooked (some will say as per Man United in the UK).

Alves is actually a dirty, cheating player and I particularly dislike him. messi for all of his brilliance goes down at the touch of a feather and strongarm tactics from Puyol and Piquet are often overlooked. I hope United beat them, but by playing good football, a dose of reality never hurts anyone.

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So why spend time reading and replying?

Because for me it has been blown well out of proportion.
I'll still watch it and probably root for barca cos I can't stand the manure "fans" creeping out of the woodwork.

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
United all the way! If only for the fact I hate everyone wetting their pants about Barca!

B

Bankswolf II

I want Man U to win, simply so we can say we beat the european champions

R

reanswolf

Weird how some people perceive Man utd as representing the english league, they only represent themselves.

Back
Top Bottom