Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Man United Verdict/VAR Ranting Thread

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Feels a bit Deja Vue one chance one goal for united and VAR proving to be 12th Man for united again , there is however potential here.

Can't fault Gary good tactics he also seems to have released the shackles from Cunha and Nunes we looked dangerous and played some good stuff.

Neto looks to be sharp like before.

Semedos best performance in a wolves shirt?

Gary was right in his prematch interview not ideal circumstances to take over but he will win the fans over with that and if he can rebuild a relationship similar to what Nuno had with the fans then he will do a good job. I'd love him to work out two fingers up at lopetegui who didn't show any faith to those lads.

Onto Brighton a sellout and 3 points. Don't know about anyone else but I feel alot better about the season after that performance.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1692047279137.jpeg

Magnificent performance marred by profligacy. Reminded me of the early-Lage era. We'll be more than fine if we can channel that spirit and quality into every game, surprising just how well we played. Both Matheuses were especially good (though Cunha's miss beggars belief). Officials still corrupt.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cunha, Neto, Sarabia, Hwang all good.

Silva dynamite in limited minutes.

Nunes, a tale of two worlds. I don't mind the turnovers offensively, but the ones defensively just can't happen. Settled in late and made some nice plays.

Lemina and Gomes honestly bossed that midfield so much. Incredible.

RAN similar to Nunes, but going forward was very good. Couldn't handle Antony but not many can.

Bueno great in limited minutes.

Sasa should have drawn a penalty. Unlucky.

Semedo terrific.

Dawson very good. Kilman solid.

Sa is like Nunes. A tale of two worlds. I still rate him though.

Honestly, aside from a lack of finishing, that's one of the best games I've ever seen Wolves play. Keep that up and add some finishing and we're fighting for Europe.

Ps. VAR can **** off. Though I thought the referring tonight was pretty decent.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GON wanted to give us a team to be proud of. Well I’m certainly that after tonight’s performance.

We played with the shackles off. Yes they made some mistakes and lost the ball, but all of them had to confidence to carry the ball and express themselves. 23 shots ffs!! Some real desire and bravery on show tonight.

Semedo looks revitalised with some competition behind him

We absolutely bossed the midfield

Neto looks like Neto again.

Cunha - wow. What a ball carrier.

My only criticism would be playing Sarabia off Cunha. Surely it should’ve been Fabio or Sasa.

As I’ve been saying while everyone else has been panicking - we have a bloody good starting 11.

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely gutted. I reckon that's one of our best performances since the Europa League season. Given the neutrals had gone off us for negativity ever since. Neville's just made a similar comment.

You could see we weren't 100% comfortable passing at times but that feels like what Nuno, Lage and Lopetegui were all trying to implement but had failed to do so.

Don't know how much of tonight was Lopetegui's planning vs Gary O'Neill but on that showing we'll be more than fine.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great performance but I do fear it's going to be another season of few goals with how wasteful our forwards are.

As for the officiating, Hooper is a **** ref who is nowhere near PL level and the fact he missed the penalty in real-time was bad enough, but the fact the VAR didn't send him to the screen is so unbelievably incompetent that it makes you think there's something bigger at play, because you'll struggle to find someone who thinks that wasn't a penalty after the replays.

Typical **** playing away at a top 6 club, it's hard enough with their massive finances and huge wage bills, even harder when the officials don't do their ****ing jobs.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Outstanding to a man and I don’t think it was a fluke or one off either.

We played brilliantly tonight and if we keep this up we will be top half. But… if you don’t take your chances you don’t win the game, sadly.

Can’t single anybody out because everybody was brilliant.

Special mention of our fitness and let’s credit Lopetegui with that. The lads have clearly been worked hard in pre season and it showed massively tonight.

I can’t be bothered with VAR tonight, it stresses me out too much.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Picked up where we left of Vs Rennes.

When we press we're an absolute machine. We showed it in those games last season without Neves that we play well with a physical midfield.

No goals after those clear chances is a worry. Need to be more clinical.

Throw in some competent depth and we'll go far this season. We can't press like that the entire season. An injury or two and we're back playing slow low-exertion football.

The Pie Poker

Reaction score
Excellent performance and I'm as happy as you can be with a loss. Nunes and Neto were superb.

One thing is glaringly obvious though, Lopetegui didn't walk for footballing reasons. No way after seeing these players in pre-season did he think we weren't good enough.

He's a gutless mercenary always looking for an excuse to get paid off and skulk back to the warmth of La Liga or Saudi Arabia.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We carried on our pre season form and turned in another good performance at Old Trafford. Obviously the penalty is nonsense.
True barometer will be turning in a performance of this quality in games we expect to pick up points in
Spot on. We also looked fantastic early on under Lage, but we couldn't get results, and the rot set in. We deserved more tonight, but that's not how football works. Need to be picking up points as soon as possible, Brighton isn't going to be any easier. The signs are encouraging, but we simply have to take our chances.

WolvesAndCows

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Very good performance against a poor United team. It's a pity our players are not clinical, but it's very encouraging nonetheless. Hopefully Neto keeps fit and keeps playing like that.

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
**** VAR

****ing pointless waste of time.

****ers

We played very well. Should have /could have won. Very ****ed off. Probably taken 1-0
At start

Motm very hard to call

Cuhna or Nunes. Lots of great performances

VAR - again ****ers. **** off. ****s.

BarryM

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We took risks but my god how refreshing was it to see a player trying to be positive with the ball rather than doing the usual turn and play the ball back.

Yes it might not have come off every time and we might have lost the ball … but the proof is in the pudding in how many chances we created , 80% of those chances would have been at the centre halves feet or Neves in the centre circle.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
With everything that has gone on over the Summer, that performance was almost mind-blowingly good. Outplayed them in every facet of the game and a 2-0 win wouldn’t have flattered us.

From an attacking standpoint, that’s the best we’ve looked since those first three games under Lage. Unfortunately, like those games, we’ve missed chances that you simply have to be taking at this level. Cunha and Neto were both fantastic but both had to score with their respective efforts.

Thought we were aggressive in the press and so brave in possession and with our runs. I’ll happily accept it going wrong occasionally when we show that type of intent. Thought every outfield player bar Sarabia was outstanding but special mention to Semedo. Had Garnacho (who is a really special talent) in his pocket.

Midfield three all great, as was Cunha. And Neto looked right back to his very sharpest.

So many positives but can’t shake the feeling of being cheated at that final penalty decision. It’s not even debatable. Still, at least we’ll get our first apology early in the season.

Sa 6
Semedo 9
Dawson 7
Kilman 7
RAN 7
Lemina 8
Gomes 8
Nunes 8
Neto 8
Sarabia 6
Cunha 8

Hwang 7
Bueno 7
Fabio 7
Sasa - N/A

Proud and annoyed in equal measures. But above all, entertained. We looked a really good side tonight.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I simply cannot get over how on earth Hooper can´t see that penalty.
Blind refs ain´t great,they are hurting the game.
Is complete incompetence an obligatory demand to become a Prem ref?

Another excuse from Webb incoming,
He can stuff them up his **** as far as I´m concerned.

DarloWolf

Reaction score
man u lucky to win , we gotta get rid of the norm .. we got rid of certain players , passing back , lack of shots .. we were different tonight but commentary still same ****

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great performance from the lads! So many positives, but we are in desperate need of a finisher.

Cunha was immense till he needed to shoot.

The midfield three were massive! Protect them at all cost!!

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We played our hearts out and did everything but stick it in.

Absolutely mega performance for such a narrow defeat.

When we score, I think the goals will flow and they’ll have too after a night like tonight!

And I ain’t going to get too worked up about VAR, as we’ve seen it all before.

Let’s get revenge against Brighton on Saturday!

dennison11

Reaction score
Said in another thread that I wasn't expecting anything from tonight and if it wasn't for a ****ing ridiculous VAR call we should of had a point maybe more. Onto Brighton when, hopefully, we can carry it on and actually start scoring some goals.

Extra note for Semedo. Best performance I've seen from him in a while.

Extra extra note. If Cunha had put away at least one chance everyone would be creaming themselves

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disappointing result. Encouraging performance.

Of course it should be a penalty at the end but goalkeepers are a protected species and for some reason are allowed to foul players when outfield players would be punished.

Lots of good individual performances. Semedo, Nunes, Lemina and Cunha in particular. Joao Gomes was my Man of the Match. I thought he was immense.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The lads were fantastic

But I seriously think we should pack up . No chance of fair officiating with VAR . It's never clear and totally a joke .

They played brilliant and got nothing. Yes the finishing was poor but I give up with VAR .

No point going to games when it's not clear to any of the fans .

Back
Top Bottom