Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Man United Verdict/VAR Ranting Thread

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just calling it as I sees it. I also blame Sa to be fair, and it was not a great goal to concede as a team. But if Semedo gets goal side of his man rather than let Varane steal a march, then it probably isn't a goal. It's worth mentioning from a tactical perspective because it's not the first time. RAN was faultless - he was already man-marking the winger as you can see at the top of the picture. The gap is in between, possibly could've been plugged by Gomes (sitting in no man's land)?

ta4DwJ.gif
Which man he was
Left with 3 to mark.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just calling it as I sees it. I also blame Sa to be fair, and it was not a great goal to concede as a team. But if Semedo gets goal side of his man rather than let Varane steal a march, then it probably isn't a goal. It's worth mentioning from a tactical perspective because it's not the first time. RAN was faultless - he was already man-marking the winger as you can see at the top of the picture. The gap is in between, possibly could've been plugged by Gomes (sitting in no man's land)?

ta4DwJ.gif
You dont see Kilman and Dawson both going to the near post and leaving Semedo with 2 men to mark?
Sa went too early to his near post and got stranded,but yeah Semedos fault lol

Madmalc

Reaction score
VAR is equipment placed into the hands of PGMOL.
It's not VAR to blame, that's like blaming a gun, rather than the person who fired it.
A petition on Change.org demanding that individual PGMOL officials are fined by the FA for bringing the game into disrepute everytime they're ajudged to have completely got it wrong would be interesting.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Gomes was unbelievable combative the Pitbull was tenacious we bullied there midfield casemiro outclassed by lemina and gomes

Silva Geta three chances two saves one block gets in the area ran back ran forward he must be with cunha rather than sarabia , sarabia was not at the races. Hwang was positive also

Agree with this other than the putting down of Sarabia.

What did Sarabia do wrong whilst on the pitch? Puts the cross in for the Cunha chance plus others.

Runs ragged.

He was brilliant as they all were.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The running from deep was sublime but shout out to Lemina and Gomes. Did the dirty work brilliantly and with some skills to boot.

Huge upgrade on Neves and Moutinho as a combination for me

If Caicedo is a £100m player then I expect huge bids for Gomes next year.

He covered every blade of grass.

No coincidence Semedo played better, Gomes was there covering time and time again.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You dont see Kilman and Dawson both going to the near post and leaving Semedo with 2 men to mark?
As I've said multiple times now, it was a poor team goal and I'm not singling any one player out. Had Sa stayed in the middle of the goal, he could've claimed it, for example. Had Gomes not just sat in no man's land and dropped in to plug the gap, the ball wouldn't even have been played into the area in the first place. But Kilman and Dawson move over one man each, with Kilman going towards the man with the ball given that there is now an increased threat of a goal being scored from that position. Dawson then moves over to mark his man. You make it sound like they are to blame when this is perfectly normal behaviour in an overload situation.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sarabia had one short of Netos 4 key passes (the most of our players), he was on the pitch 2/3 of the time.

He had less touches than Cunha in that time, but it's not his style to be involved in that way.

Great and drifting into the half spaces.

He has got a role to play this season for sure and doesn't deserve any criticism.
Screenshot_2023-08-15-18-30-14-36_8e20900bf147cd4ca338051507fbb763.jpg

Last edited:

Novawolf1

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Somewhere in last night’s comments GON talked about the plan to overload midfield with 4 players against MU’s 3 and I believe Sarabia would have been key to that …and probably why Silva didn’t start.

For Saturday Brighton will have noted how we had Cuhna and Nunes breaking from deep and will want to counteract it, though we may bring Silva in as we’re at home. Depends on how Brighton approach their away games too but I’m not aware of that. Whether it’s Sarabia or Silva who knows…

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The lengths the Semedo detractors will go, surprised he wasn’t blamed for all the changes we missed, as they had no bearing on the game whatsoever.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another harsh reality of last night (obviously it doesn’t make the VAR farce any better) is that it, quite frankly, shouldn’t have mattered. I’m not saying we should finish every half chance and chance but the game should have been dead and buried by then. We should have been 3/4-1 up and with the cigars out.

We were brilliant last night, got robbed of a penalty by inept/corrupt idiots BUT we can’t afford to miss so many chances in games - in some ways we didn’t deserve to win because you can’t miss those chances and half chances and expect anything out of the game.

But I’ll take that overall performance every day of the week and twice on Sundays - we just need some confidence in our attacking play.

Abbobrom

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I watched the match in the bar on a campsite in Catalonia. There were three M U supporters, one Blackburn, one Everton and a Spurs fan , plus a scattering of Dutch fans sat with me.

They all, including the red supporters shouted penalty. I was the only doubter, not because I thought it wasn't, but you get f all at Old Trafford, and you are lucky to get that.

In the end we were all correct, it should have been and today's events confirm it.

Come May, that possible point may prove costly, although I witnessed enough last night to suggest it may not matter.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope we ****ing stuff them 5 0 in the return game to prove a point

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
any doubting gaz's imapct need to read this one from dawson

Change style of play:

Before Man United] we had four days together, so we had to take a lot of information on board and try to change the style of play, but you could see in the performance that the lads took everything on board and it was great to see.

Hollywood Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Another example of Man Utd players getting away with things other players don’t happened after their goal on Monday…

Hooper and his co - conspirators are all off this weekend. Still getting paid so their penalty for getting it all so massively wrong is having to take his wife shopping.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watch on SKY Spurs 2- 0 Man Utd ..

Wolves played better than Spurs did against Man Utd

I don't have to tell you the scoreline being the obvious different thing that counts on the day!

IT'S GOALS THAT CHANGE GAMES AND MAKE THE DIFFERENCE AS WE'VE WITNESSED TODAY AGAIN V BRIGHTON!!

In 2 games now 38 shots at goal with only 1 goal to count for this :(

Back
Top Bottom