Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Maierhofer

R

robwolf

At least people can stop worrying that he may be staying if Keogh goes....

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Hoo bloody ray.........I can't understand why people thought he'd come good and had faith in him. In this league he looked like another Blobby Taylor from the outset.

I wish him well in Germany.....

D

dr cool

Hoo bloody ray.........I can't understand why people thought he'd come good and had faith in him. In this league he looked like another Blobby Taylor from the outset.

I wish him well in Germany.....

it wont be the bundesliga !:wavey:

dr:cool:

I

ian959

I just want to know what drugs the scouts were on when they recommended the Hof to Mick. I really want some of that $$$$ 'cause it must be stupendous stuff!

:marchmellow::marchmellow::marchmellow:

:stoned:

S

Shifnal Wolf

To be fair to him, he looked good in Austria but never seemed to get up to the speed of the game here. Maybe needed a pre-season like Bia (and even Berra needed it!) but now have better players than him. Good luck to him in the future

S

Shifnal Wolf

And therein lies the problem. The Austrian League is League Two level.

Doyle came from the Irish League, Kightly from the Conference. Sometimes there are good players in sub-standard leagues waiting for a chance. The two I mentioned took theirs, The Hoff didn't

P

Penk Wolf

Doyle came from the Irish League, Kightly from the Conference. Sometimes there are good players in sub-standard leagues waiting for a chance. The two I mentioned took theirs, The Hoff didn't

Kightly and Doyle were in there early 20's when they left non league, Stefan was about 26.

S

Shifnal Wolf

True but it still doesn't necesarily mean that he is a bad player because he didn't start playing until his 20s remember as he was a chef? He probably has spent the same amount of time in the lower leagues as the other two but he is just older

T

Tomo1811

I think people slagging Maierhofer off only need to look at the thread when his signing was announced, it was a different attitude then. We all hope good things, but he sealed his fate when he slagged off the club when he went to Bristol City.

He won't be missed.

M

MK Panther

Shame really, we must have invested a lot of time and energy into him and he was not really given a chance. On the flip-side we did not have time for him to prove himself, we basically purchased a dud for whatever reason. Now we need to see Halford starting packing his bags.

W

wanderer24

I don't think he's going to be a world beater, but I don't see how any of you have seen enough of him to write him off. He's hardly had a game and the country and league are unfamiliar to him.
I remember Robert Pires for the first six months at Arsenal, he was dreadful and ended up being a legend........

S

Shifnal Wolf

I don't think he's going to be a world beater, but I don't see how any of you have seen enough of him to write him off. He's hardly had a game and the country and league are unfamiliar to him.
I remember Robert Pires for the first six months at Arsenal, he was dreadful and ended up being a legend........

Drogba was awful for his 1st two seasons at Chelski as well and is now only showing why they paid £25m for him

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just want to know what drugs the scouts were on when they recommended the Hof to Mick. I really want some of that $$$$ 'cause it must be stupendous stuff!

:marchmellow::marchmellow::marchmellow:

:stoned:

In his case they were really on a 'high'. But to be fair he was injured early on and didn't get much of a chance to impress. The fact that with his height he wasn't seen to be a good header of the ball was somewhat worrying and made you wonder what on earth had possessed the management to bring him in in the first place. Bristol City were clearly not impressed when he went on loan.

We paid a substantial premium (£900k?) on the original (£1.6m?) fee for him when we stayed up I believe but we will be lucky to get £1m for him I would have thought. All in all, not MM's or the scouts's finest hour in the transfer market. It will be interesting to see how Zilic does at Blues in comparison. Lot more expensive and experienced of course but not impressive in the World Cup. Should cause occasional chaos in the opposition's penalty area, however, and set up a few goals in the way we hoped Hoff might.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having played overseas himself, Mick tends to be quite patient with foreign players, particularly those for whom English is not a first language. I never had the opportunity to see the Hoff play, but from the match reports I read, he was never as bad as the comments here suggested. My suspicion is that something happened between him and most likely Mick which means he is on the way out. Even the bits we saw last year of his playing in the Austrian league suggested a man with attitude. I wish him well and would like to see him stay in the English game to see if he could redeem himself.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jameswwfc

Having played overseas himself, Mick tends to be quite patient with foreign players, particularly those for whom English is not a first language. I never had the opportunity to see the Hoff play, but from the match reports I read, he was never as bad as the comments here suggested. My suspicion is that something happened between him and most likely Mick which means he is on the way out. Even the bits we saw last year of his playing in the Austrian league suggested a man with attitude. I wish him well and would like to see him stay in the English game to see if he could redeem himself.

Well i did see him play and he was garbage, can't put it any other way.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An absolutely rubbish footballer, has no business being associated with our club.

GG27

Groupie
Reaction score
Sorry it's great news for me also, as others have said he just doesn't look a footballer his movement is rubbish, he's rubbish in the air for a big guy a real dud, but all managers have them MM has done well in the market & they aren't all going to come off.

D

Deleted member 3604

It'll be interesting to see how Zigic gets on at the Blooze. We didn't see enough of the Hof to make a judgement and he could never in a million years play as a lone striker. Might turn out to be a useful player for somebody else at this level as a back-up.

Poztin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I never had the opportunity to see the Hoff play, but from the match reports I read, he was never as bad as the comments here suggested.

He was every bit as bad as the comment suggested.

We all make mistakes, the pleasing thing is the management have quickly realised it.

Back
Top Bottom