Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Luton verdict

PM Wolves

Groupie
Reaction score
I personally don't think it's unrealistic to expect us to put on a better performance than we did; Neto's gorgeous goal and a goalmouth scramble aside, we barely even threatened them. Great spirit etc yes; but it was backs-to-the-wall and ****-poor quality all afternoon.

We are, I think, in real trouble & in a real mess on & off the pitch; and with the greatest etc - I think it's yourself who needs to "get your head out of your xxxxxx". This has got relegation written all over it.
Fair play, 3 years have passed since the golden era, sounds like your already resigned to relegation? 30k of you at the mol should get the job done!
Move on, it's not great but let's see where the ups and downs will lead at the end of the season...

T

TheConcourse

1. Nuno had sucky results at the end too.
2. Why would he ever come back here? He's making a **** ton of money and managing the #1 team in Saudi right now.

While I wasn't angry at the O'Neil appointment, he's clearly shown that he has no idea what he's doing with this club. We looked okay for the most part, and he changed the formation for no reason.

However, I also don't think much is going to change until we get some actual recruitment. Cunha is a good player but 50 million? lol
Funny how Cunha looked brilliant v United on day one after a full pre-season, ain’t it?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves were terrible and when you are that bad you invite lousy things to happen, like the penalty.

This again. Though later in the second half, three of our outfield players under no pressure, passed the ball straight to Luton players. They are all doing it. We were losing all the 50/50's from the start and throughout. We were giving the ball away cheaply throughout. I suppose Sa is wearing a different colour kit so it makes his one mistake stand out more than other players who did the same several times. (and got bailed out by defenders or Sa making a save) .

The whole side were clueless and disjointed throughout. Same as last week, there was plenty of time - 10 seconds as you say - to prevent the penalty after that throwout. When you are as disjointed as we are, these individual mistakes happened. Kilman especially, also Dawson, bailed us out with several blocks and last ditch tackles. Due to poor play further up the pitch. If there's one slip up , or one deflection onto the hand, then they give a penalty away and are getting blamed for it. The main problem was that our midfield lacvked quality and our forwards couldn't retain possession inside Lutons half.

We should have played 3 at the back and had some physicality on the pitch from the start. It's a different match, then.
great post

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fair play, 3 years have passed since the golden era, sounds like your already resigned to relegation? 30k of you at the mol should get the job done!
Move on, it's not great but let's see where the ups and downs will lead at the end of the season...
I'm not resigned to it at all, and neither it seems are the players. Great spirit & fight today as I say.

But honestly, a 10-minute spell after the goal aside, the lack of quality and any apparent plan today was frightening.

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A pretty ugly game between two poor sides who will both be down there in the relegation mix, overseen by yet more dubious officiating and more questionable substitutions by GON. Defended pretty well seeing as we were a man down for quite a long time - albeit against little pressure by a limited Luton attack. Pedro Neto is back though, baby!
sounds dire :eek:

Fosun really need to leave and give the club over to someone who cares

PM Wolves

Groupie
Reaction score
I'm not resigned to it at all, and neither it seems are the players. Great spirit & fight today as I say.

But honestly, a 10-minute spell after the goal aside, the lack of quality and any apparent plan today was frightening.
Agree, it was painful to watch first half literally mates laughing at me saying it's a relegation game, just think we will have (just) enough to stay up, but long season ahead.
You're clearly there week in week out, I'm not but hope you see enough to get behind them to stay up.....didn't want to offend, just feel we have more of these days to suffer and hope you will drive them across the line with your support.

Heathrow wolf

Reaction score
I expected a slog and a win. It was a slog and a draw.

Bellegarde lost his head and was rightly sent off. You can't kick a bloke in the balls and expect to get away with it.

O'Neil was happy to settle for a point as soon as Luton equalised. How Kalajdzic didn't come on I don't know. If he ain't fit to play 20 minutes then why is he on the bench? We needed a striker to hold the ball.

I think the players earned the point more than O'Neil. He worries me.
From the telly pictures used for VAR Lockyer had his foot in Bellegarde's balls that's how he was keeping him on the floor! So they both should have gone.

Lockyer was praised by the commentators for being a wise old pro. More of a foot fetishist I would have thought

Norwegian Wolf

Reaction score
I’ve probably seen Doherty play 150+ games for Wolves (live/stream) and he has never been a left wing back (believe me Gary)

Same with Neto, probably seen pretty much nearly all of his games and he ain’t a lone striker (believe me Gary)

As for Kilman, solid defender but I have never seen him ever give one word of encouragement to his team mates to suggest that he is the leader of the pack (Gary, are we watching the same game??)

I’ve seen managers who were completely out of their depth at Wolves and I can see another one now. Even Saunders had more about him that O’Neill.

Clueless, tactically inept and the sense of a guy who should be coaching kids or in League 2 at best. Just go.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Poorly coached team. It's a race to the bottom with GON in charge. Yes VAR was again strange and yes a more experienced ref would have given Bellegrarde a yellow.
I don’t know how much of the blame goes to Gary.
Our players are professionals but their passing is terrible. Constantly giving the ball away, very weak at repossessing the ball, 50/50s are a joke etc.
Our players shouldn’t be making these stupid mistakes……over and over again, game after game……they should have these skill down pat.
Do we need to put training wheels on the players.

Gary is here to teach them his tactics and ideas etc……the least he should expect is that players know how to hold the ball up and not make lousy passes.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That really ls tinfoil hat stuff. Even if they thought it was a good idea, do you really think the British government is capable of rigging football matches? You give them too much credit.
Agree although I hear that Hobbs is interested in signing a player called James Bond.....but dont tell anyone its our secret.:cool:

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've finished in the top half three times in the last five seasons. So, rather than 'getting over it', should the question not be, "Why aren't we a top half team anymore"?
We sold 130m of talent
We don’t have a centre forward
Our goalkeeper can’t concentrate for 90 mins
Refs hate us
VAR are incompetent

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow, guys we are not a top 7 side and hate to burst your bubbles but that will not be the case for a few seasons yet.
We got a draw after going down to 10 men after 40 mins, what did you expect? 3-0 with us dominating! Seriously, Nuno is done, 2019 is a long time ago.
Get your heads out of your ×××××× and pipe down in terms of your stupidly unrealistic expectations,, if we stay up, success, that's it, ridiculous comments on here and it just sums up the entitlement that does not make any sense, whatsoever.
We are not a top half premier team, get over it.
You make some good points but at times today we were like a championship or league 1 club playing a PL club in a cup tie. Out played and out of our depth.
Our ball handling skills were atrocious……we were bad. No two ways about it.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Two pretty poor sides im afraid
We look more like a Championship side as each week passes
Ok the sending off was harsh and the penalty even harsher but Neto aside we looked rushed and frankly poor all over the pitch
If we dont go down this season it will be a miracle

Rushed is exactly that.

Needed someone like Neves in this game. Nobody who would settle it down.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1. Nuno had sucky results at the end too.
2. Why would he ever come back here? He's making a **** ton of money and managing the #1 team in Saudi right now.

While I wasn't angry at the O'Neil appointment, he's clearly shown that he has no idea what he's doing with this club. We looked okay for the most part, and he changed the formation for no reason.

However, I also don't think much is going to change until we get some actual recruitment. Cunha is a good player but 50 million? lol
He spent a good chunk of change in the jan at Bournemouth and their football didn’t improve! They went on their worst run and dropped to the bottom of the league the month after the window and him making signings.

He should be long gone before the next window opens.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He spent a good chunk of change in the jan at Bournemouth and their football didn’t improve! They went on their worst run and dropped to the bottom of the league the month after the window and him making signings.

He should be long gone before the next window opens.
Honestly I am not trying to have a go. If this is so how comes then he rescued them and took them up the table with the same players. To me that sounds as if he needed time with them to get them on track. I cold be wrong.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Honestly I am not trying to have a go. If this is so how comes then he rescued them and took them up the table with the same players. To me that sounds as if he needed time with them to get them on track. I cold be wrong.
I know you aren’t, but they fluked and stole a number of “undeserved” results when looking at the stats of games.

You cannot make a successful managerial career off that.

It is a case of people only looking at final result and not the story of the games themselves.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow, guys we are not a top 7 side and hate to burst your bubbles but that will not be the case for a few seasons yet.
We got a draw after going down to 10 men after 40 mins, what did you expect? 3-0 with us dominating! Seriously, Nuno is done, 2019 is a long time ago.
Get your heads out of your ×××××× and pipe down in terms of your stupidly unrealistic expectations,, if we stay up, success, that's it, ridiculous comments on here and it just sums up the entitlement that does not make any sense, whatsoever.
Well said

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, have PGMOL apologised for the awful penalty decision yet!

Expert pundits, ex senior referees, ex top players, fans and Uncle Tom Cobley and all have said what a ridiculous decision it was and of course I agree.

Within a matter of minutes of the end of the Man U first match of the season, Howard Webb apologised for us not being awarded a penalty. Has he apologised for todays decision or is he too embarrassed to have to apologise again?

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree they probably will but they are normally quite good at home.

In the prem they have only played vs West Ham at home and only lost by one goal vs 11 men.

Is a point away with 10 men really such a disaster?

In some circumstances no. But its clear the manager is a complete disaster. I still think its very, very telling that despite him keeping Bournemouth up, they still sacked him and their expetations as a club would have been a relegation battle in their first season.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know you aren’t, but they fluked and stole a number of “undeserved” results when looking at the stats of games.

You cannot make a successful managerial career off that.

It is a case of people only looking at final result and not the story of the games themselves.
Well JL had a few fluke wins and draws too….several times Podence bailed us out with a few very invaluable goals.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've finished in the top half three times in the last five seasons. So, rather than 'getting over it', should the question not be, "Why aren't we a top half team anymore"?

Superb point.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were at their place with expectation that these would be their 1st points of the season, they played their cup final. Did we cope, no, did they play above themselves yes.
If we don't think we are a top seven side, why the stupidly irrational reaction to the result?
10 f***** men for 60 mins, it's a point gained and we move on, for now we are in the mire with 7 other teams fighting for our lives, we will not go down.
Get a grip FFS

I dont think Luton see Wolves as their cup final. Thats just hilarious.

Westbakejazz

Reaction score
Oh dear

Westbakejazz

Reaction score
Well at least you’re right on the down bit

Bradstonian

Reaction score
Your post missed the mark so far about today and how we have been playing so badly it falls int to area of “Say you know nothing about top level football without saying you know nothing about top level football”…..

No one expected us to roll into town and ease a victory, I predicted either 1:1 or 2:1 Luton.

What everyone is so upset and angry about is the alarming low levels of performance and quality and the fact GO was out managered by edwards and his far weaker team.
Exactly. You have beautifully summed up the arrogance. And in an incredibly patronising way. Ten out of ten for that.

Bradstonian

Reaction score
No, he isn’t. Your point is BS.

We had a 10 minute spell in the first half where the useless Gaz decided Neto might work well on the left.. and by spell I mean he beat his man twice and put two good crosses in where our non-existent striker wasn’t there to meet (he was on the bench).

The other 75 (I’ll be generous) minutes saw us get footballed to death by the worst Premier League team I’ve ever seen us play.
Bit rude, but I'll let it go. You clearly have a superior knowledge. Cough.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Really. After 6 games why would a bottom 6 side with a very poor manager be one of the pinnacles of their season? We have slipped so far under whats gone on season and this terrible manager and Fosun that Luton think of us as a realistic chance of points.

By your logic, do we see Everton or Sheffield United as our cup final after 6 games?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly. You have beautifully summed up the arrogance. And in an incredibly patronising way. Ten out of ten for that.
Whoosh…….

It was more than Luton showed more fight….. if you think it is, your wolves coloured specs are fitting you well lol.

I predicted a draw or a loss…. So no arrogance on my part! We were inept against easily the worst team in the league.

GO got out manager’ed yet again and we were lucky to get a draw. They were way better than us before the red. The red is just the excuse that papers over the cracks if another bad magagerial showing from GO.

We were outplayed before the red card by the worst squad to get promoted since derby.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whoosh…….

It was more than Luton showed more fight….. if you think it is, your wolves coloured specs are fitting you well lol.

I predicted a draw or a loss…. So no arrogance on my part! We were inept against easily the worst team in the league.

GO got out manager’ed yet again and we were lucky to get a draw. They were way better than us before the red. The red is just the excuse that papers over the cracks if another bad magagerial showing from GO.

We were outplayed before the red card by the worst squad to get promoted since derby.
There was only one team going for the win.

Norwegian Wolf

Reaction score
Just for the record, Rob Edwards was high fiving the crowd after the game, with fist pumps galore, almost like they had won promotion. Actually they had failed to win a game at home even with an extra man, a dodgy penalty and a ref in their back pocket. Gotta love how some people are easily pleased.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Just for the record, Rob Edwards was high fiving the crowd after the game, with fist pumps galore, almost like they had won promotion. Actually they had failed to win a game at home even with an extra man, a dodgy penalty and a ref in their back pocket. Gotta love how some people are easily pleased.
There’s no dressing up how bad we were. But with how the story of the match went it’s probably a better result for us than for them.

Got nothing against Luton and especially nothing against Rob Edwards, but even a semi-decent premier league team would have absolutely taken us to pieces today.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cunha despite his brilliance is a bit of an issue. As good as he is, its like we cant get him to fit in our system.

Norwegian Wolf

Reaction score
There’s no dressing up how bad we were. But with how the story of the match went it’s probably a better result for us than for them.

Got nothing against Luton and especially nothing against Rob Edwards, but even a semi-decent premier league team would have absolutely taken us to pieces today.
I agree. O’Neill’s expectations are low (namely let’s get a point at Luton) whereas Edward’s seem even lower (fail to win the most winnable game of the season and celebrate like we won the league)

Back
Top Bottom