Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Luton verdict

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A pretty ugly game between two poor sides who will both be down there in the relegation mix, overseen by yet more dubious officiating and more questionable substitutions by GON. Defended pretty well seeing as we were a man down for quite a long time - albeit against little pressure by a limited Luton attack. Pedro Neto is back though, baby!

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rubbish. Embarrassing. Shambolic.

Somehow we didn't lose but that performance was out of this world bad, all things considered. Neto was our best player by a country mile. Hard to judge the others because I've no idea what they were sent out to do. Looks like they had no idea either. Thankfully Luton could do very little other than put cross after cross in. We did nothing with 11 men, we did nothing with 10 except score a goal out of nowhere. We barely even set foot in the Luton half and didn't trouble the penalty area at all.

GON out.

He's had enough time and it's getting worse every week.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Positives:

- Neto got on the score sheet and fully deserves too after his last few games;

- Sa made several saves which kept the score to 1-1, by hearing it on the radio;

- Sounds like Boubacar and Matt’s appearances were decent ones and both made valuable contributions.

Negatives:

- Being absolutely bashed around in the first half hour;

- The Red Card, which is very annoying for Jean-Ricard knowing he was fun to watch last week;

- Anti-Attacking Subs by Gary once again. I know we had 10 men for 55 mins and stoppage time, but let’s show some ambition going forward for goodness sake!

- And as usual: The Refereeing again…

All in all, a point is decent in the circumstances, but a point against such a Luton Town side (no disrespect to them) is very annoying.

Perhaps a minor miracle v City next Saturday?

Mr Sizzle

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Rubbish. Embarrassing. Shambolic.

Somehow we didn't lose but that performance was out of this world bad, all things considered. Neto was our best player by a country mile. Hard to judge the others because I've no idea what they were sent out to do. Looks like they had no idea either. Thankfully Luton could do very little other than put cross after cross in. We did nothing with 11 men, we did nothing with 10 except score a goal out of nowhere. We barely even set foot in the Luton half and didn't trouble the penalty area at all.

GON out.

He's had enough time and it's getting worse every week.
That is it isn’t it. . Nail on the head. It’s getting worse every single game. We are not moving in the right direction so God knows what we will be like in a few weeks time..

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Not a great performance, but great goal from Neto. Looked pretty solid second half and looked good with 10 men until their penalty. Absolutely sick of the refereeing and VAR having such huge impacts on games. That penalty is right up there with some of the worst decisions against us. The referee was awful throughout. It's really taking any enjoyment out the game and our games have been low on entertainment as it is. I guess given the circumstances a draw is a reasonable result. We do look poor though.

No Bellegarde for next three league games and worryingly Lemina was limping off at the end. Oh well, only Man City next weekend.

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Good luck anyone trying to polish this turd

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, I caught Covid last weekend and felt ****e until Thursday, but that was more enjoyable than the match...

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I expected a slog and a win. It was a slog and a draw.

Bellegarde lost his head and was rightly sent off. You can't kick a bloke in the balls and expect to get away with it.

O'Neil was happy to settle for a point as soon as Luton equalised. How Kalajdzic didn't come on I don't know. If he ain't fit to play 20 minutes then why is he on the bench? We needed a striker to hold the ball.

I think the players earned the point more than O'Neil. He worries me.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely awful from start to finish. Completely outplayed first half, didn't even manage a shot on target. We look like relegation fodder. The manager has got to go before it's too late, a ridiculous decision which is turning out as we all expected.

Having said that, the officials are an absolute joke. How that can be given as a penalty is beyond me. It feels like we are constantly being shafted by incomprehensible decisions going against us.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our whole season will hinge on the Everton FFP decision.

*i am assuming in that GON goes at some point as we are down come what may if he stays for the season.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Please please please sack GON now. We were genuinely worse with 11 men. A Pedro Neto wondergoal has saved him today.

How can he have Sasa, Sarabia and Fabio on the bench and not use a single one of them?

I hate GON's Wolves- we have gone from 1.34 points a game under Lopetegui to 0.66 points a game under GON and with Man City up next that will be down to 0.5 points a game.

19 points isn't going to keep us up!

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Captured Wolves perfectly over the last few years to be honest. Clueless, ill disciplined, negative, cowardly, screwed by officiating, and never up for the fight against inferior individuals.

Load of crap. Our fans deserve a medal for suffering this dross for so long. We all knew we'd find a way of not winning today against one of the worst PL sides in history, but do so without even so much as fielding a CF is criminal.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s a great point considering the tactics from the start, the red card, and the second half subs. So lucky

It’s a terrible results as a whole though. Why on earth is Neto not on the left from the start. Immediately putting yourself at a disadvantage .

Sa has to be dropped. Either his distribution is terrible in delivery or his decision making in distribution is a disgrace . He’s thick

Why won’t we play sasa? It’s crazy

Worrying how he never sees the need to freshen up midfield and attack

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rubbish referee but the game should have been put to bed by halftime.

We are a shocking team and have a **** manager . Run by clueless people at the top .

Next week god help us as city will destroy us .

Relegation looms for this rudderless ship .

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great goal by Neto

Shame the ref and VAR corruption again showed their forces against Wolves

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
A pretty ugly game between two poor sides who will both be down there in the relegation mix, overseen by yet more dubious officiating and more questionable substitutions by GON. Defended pretty well seeing as we were a man down for quite a long time - albeit against little pressure by a limited Luton attack. Pedro Neto is back though, baby!
Glad you're around anyway, hope things are going OK for you, even if Wolves are doing nothing to help any of our health and tempers.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another depressing performance.

We don't belong in the Premier League anymore. Appalling management by the "hierarchy" over the years has condemned us to this poor squad and poor head coach. Our sole really good player - the one who scored a goal out of nothing on his own - is the guy signed in the initial Nuno/Mendes streak of bringing in quality.

Luton were atrocious too, saved by a joke penalty and certainties for the drop, yet Shi and Hobbs will probably be headhunting their manager if O'Neil is booted, which speaks volumes for our decision-making.

Last edited:

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Awful game. Neto the only bright spark for that one moment of brilliance.

Couldn't tell you what the plan was from the start, a little bit of pressure from Luton and they couldn't handle it. Discipline from Bellegarde very disappointing, what was he thinking was going to happen.

To be fair, should never have been a penalty.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Embarrassing to be honest. Just sack him now and stop ****ing around. Yes , we had ten men , but it was Luton for ****s sake. Luton !!

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our coach moved Hwang to wing back first half and Semedo into a 3, to counteract Lutons dominance (11 v 11).

Our coach took Cunha off for Traore and played Neto up top on his own.

Our coach bought pass and move possession based Doyle on for his 2nd prem appearance and took Gomes off with 10 mins left and Luton pinning us back.

We had 2 dubious decisions against us.

And we came away with a point.

Marvel at that miracle

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Well I wanted to be positive about GON but I simply can’t after the games and that today. It’s not the result that has swayed it it’s the sheer basic incompetence of him and his staff. Even with 11 we looked second best. There’s no discernible style to our play, Sa keeps kicking it long and we lose the ball, he plays Neto on the right (yes I know he scored but that’s a rarity especially on his weaker side) he puts Cunha as a lone striker a man that can’t hit a barn door then leaves Sa on the bench. Just **** I’m afraid he was too scared to try and attack Luton and put Traore on instead. The position we’re on calls for basic football of a big man in the box and load balls in at the earliest opportunity. I’m firmly in the GON out camp here on in.

Will Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Scrappy game which made Luton look like much the better side.
Reminded me of an FA Cup tie at a lower league team
Brilliant individual goal by Neto.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Horrible watch with the most worrying spell being the first 25 mins when we had 11 v 11 and we’re thoroughly outplayed, outthought and outfought by a very limited Luton. No shot in the first half. And that’s not even no shot on target. No shot of any description.

Only positives were Neto who ran himself into ground with no support and scored an absolute worldie. And RAN defended well in the first half (can only assume his removal at half-time was due to an injury).

Thought the move to 3 at the back was correct (as I said in the Comms thread, exactly how I’d have gone) but the Cunha sub took away any element of attacking intent and just invited pressure back onto us. I wanted Traore on but for Gomes who was clearly flagging and then Sasa for Cunha with Neto able to play off him.

Instead, we ended up with Sa repeatedly launching goal-kicks off the floor to Neto who was up against 3 centre-backs and repeatedly giving them the ball back. At the very least, aim for Doherty like we used to do under Nuno.

Ref was awful but doesn’t excuse our performance.

Sa 5
Semedo 5
Dawson 6
Kilman 6
RAN 7
Gomes 6
Lemina 6
Hwang 5
Cunha 5
Neto 8

Toti 6
Doherty 6
Traore 6

Said on the other thread, as much as I hate to say it, I’d already be looking at alternatives. Otherwise I can see us sitting on 10-12 points after 15 games again. But without a JL to save us.

What a mess we’ve made of this Summer.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That was absolute purgatory to watch.

Luton are a very poor team.

Unfortunately, we aren’t much better.

Im not sure what the latest incarnation of the handball law is … but by any standards of common sense, that penalty decision was extremely harsh.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can it get any worse? It could be highly embarrassing next weekend. I'm just glad we are going away for a week on Friday, so I won't have to watch it. GON is an almost comically incompetent coach. I just hope he is gone by the time we get back. With him in charge I really do think we are down. Every bit as a bad as Lage -- in fact I think he's worse, we're into Saunders territory here.

Back
Top Bottom