Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Luton verdict

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hate making excuses ..,.. But VAR have cost us 3 points due to decisions that weren’t even debatable… So instead of sitting relatively comfortably on 7 points we are looking over our shoulders on 4 …. Vital at this point on the season as points not performances is what counts

T

TheConcourse

Bring back Nuno.

GON is the worst Wolves manager I’ve seen in my lifetime, and I’ve lived through Saunders and Solbakken. At least those ****ers could blame a terrible squad.

This is a decent group being horribly mismanaged by a guy who keeps blaming what came before.

**** off, Gary. You’re sending us down.

And is there any danger our Chairman comes out of hibernation at some stage to take control of this ship? Coward.

5 - Lescott

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d just really love to know what GON was thinking for near on 30 mins after taking Cunha off for Traore and then watching their striker stand on Sa at every opportunity so he couldn’t drop the ball or play short. Sa then proceeding to launch the ball into the clouds in the general direction of Neto only to see it come instantly back at us.

I’ve no idea why we were constantly under the cosh.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Awful performance. 11 v 11 we were hopeless. No excuses.

Apart from Neto's goal everything about today was disappointing. We had no composure or put 3 passes together.

Decisions didn't go our way but that just masks our dire performance.

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No lack of spirit at least; but a distinct lack of quality.

First half 11-11 we were pants really, but after Neto's beautiful strike early in the second half - we were right behind him as he did his diagonal run and twisted their defender into spaghetti; a sublime goal and boy did he celebrate hard - we actually had the momentum, and things were looking strangely good for a [short] while. In fact we dominated them for a short while and a goalmouth scramble shortly after could easily have seen a second. That penalty killed everything though, and by the end we were lucky to hold on to the 1-1.

Overall it's very hard to see what we're trying to do and how we're trying to play, and we're crying out for a striker who can hold the ball up and help us move up the pitch. Our default situation is backs-to-the-wall, and things look very bleak indeed IMO.

The Luton fans around me gave Neto a hard & aggressive time when he got elbowed in the face towards the end of the game and stayed down a while; it looked a genuine nasty elbow in the face to me, and I found it hard to keep quiet and not respond. One of our favourite players is Neto, the last of our golden times, and our boy had his Neto shirt on under his jacket as always. He was fired up after that and how I wanted him to score another and give it back to the specimens around me. Not to be though.

Overall so very distressing to see how far we've fallen from Saint Nuno days.

T

TheConcourse

I think GON will see it as two points lost because of the referee and VAR or a point gained after a silly red card.

The performance itself was meh.
He’d do well to see it as two points lost, especially as we’d barely entered their half with 11 players. I’m not even sure we had a touch in the box with 11?

PM Wolves

Groupie
Reaction score
Wow, guys we are not a top 7 side and hate to burst your bubbles but that will not be the case for a few seasons yet.
We got a draw after going down to 10 men after 40 mins, what did you expect? 3-0 with us dominating! Seriously, Nuno is done, 2019 is a long time ago.
Get your heads out of your ×××××× and pipe down in terms of your stupidly unrealistic expectations,, if we stay up, success, that's it, ridiculous comments on here and it just sums up the entitlement that does not make any sense, whatsoever.
We are not a top half premier team, get over it.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow, guys we are not a top 7 side and hate to burst your bubbles but that will not be the case for a few seasons yet.
We got a draw after going down to 10 men after 40 mins, what did you expect? 3-0 with us dominating! Seriously, Nuno is done, 2019 is a long time ago.
Get your heads out of your ×××××× and pipe down in terms of your stupidly unrealistic expectations,, if we stay up, success, that's it, ridiculous comments on here and it just sums up the entitlement that does not make any sense, whatsoever.
The problem is the performance before we went down to 10 men was awful. We went in at HT without having a single shot on goal - Luton had 9. Nobody thinks we're a top 7 side. Nobody thinks we're a top half team. But people are fed up of watching their team put in **** performance after **** performance.

"Stupidly unrealistic expectations" to not be completely outplayed by Luton Town ffs.

DJW

Reaction score
That really is an awful post, congratulations

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Poor VAR, I'll accept, but where's the corruption, are Luton part of the Sky 6 conspiracy?
Have you not noticed the amount of var decisions wrong going against us??

It’s corruption how do they get it wrong at the time and apology comes after ?

It’s the refs and officials. That are corrupt they hate us it’s clear

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
I understand it takes time for a new manager to get his vision across and set the team up to play how he wants the team to play. But we're 6 games in now and I honestly couldn't tell you what we're trying to do? I don't even think O'Neil knows what he's trying to do.

Our midfield is chock-full of good runners and blockers but we've got no one like Neves or Moutinho who can put their foot on the ball and actually control the pace of the game or keep possession under pressure. All the talk of needing a striker but a ball-playing midfielder is probably needed just as much.
That’s because he spends the whole week drilling into them how to stop the opposition rather than implement our game on them so when the opposition manager changes things around he has no plan B. He is WAY out of his depth and far inferior for our club! Sort it out now Jeff and Hobbs otherwise things will get very sour very quickly!

5 - Lescott

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I actually agree, any chance the fanbase can stop paying top half prices for everything then?

PM Wolves

Groupie
Reaction score
The problem is the performance before we went down to 10 men was awful. We went in at HT without having a single shot on goal - Luton had 9. Nobody thinks we're a top 7 side. Nobody thinks we're a top half team. But people are fed up of watching their team put in **** performance after **** performance.

"Stupidly unrealistic expectations" to not be completely outplayed by Luton Town ffs.
We were at their place with expectation that these would be their 1st points of the season, they played their cup final. Did we cope, no, did they play above themselves yes.
If we don't think we are a top seven side, why the stupidly irrational reaction to the result?
10 f***** men for 60 mins, it's a point gained and we move on, for now we are in the mire with 7 other teams fighting for our lives, we will not go down.
Get a grip FFS

T

TheConcourse

You’re reinforcing my point.
No, he isn’t. Your point is BS.

We had a 10 minute spell in the first half where the useless Gaz decided Neto might work well on the left.. and by spell I mean he beat his man twice and put two good crosses in where our non-existent striker wasn’t there to meet (he was on the bench).

The other 75 (I’ll be generous) minutes saw us get footballed to death by the worst Premier League team I’ve ever seen us play.

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
This squad is so much better than scraping safety and with this clown in charge we will be lucky to do that! Go get McKenna or Gallardo now or we are seriously screwed!

PM Wolves

Groupie
Reaction score
That really is an awful post, congratulations
Because it challenges your unrealistic expectations? Just to use an example, Villa, they are on an upwards trajectory. Great! We are not, we are in transition, GON may not be the right person but I do feel the Nuno era has warped our expectations, see Fulham, if Silva leaves, they they be in the same situation, is that down to their ownership?

PM Wolves

Groupie
Reaction score
This squad is so much better than scraping safety and with this clown in charge we will be lucky to do that! Go get McKenna or Gallardo now or we are seriously screwed!
It is, I agree , but we are in a dogfight, we are in amongst 6-7 sides who are fighting for their lives and given our squad, I dont think we will go down. The prem is ridiculously strong and we are not a top 10 side, that is not down to GON it's just the reality. Get a result against City ( without Rodri) next week and it's utopia!! I just cannot stand the knee jerk reactions and entitlement of the posters based on a result that was achieved by 10 men.....

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were at their place with expectation that these would be their 1st points of the season, they played their cup final. Did we cope, no, did they play above themselves yes.
If we don't think we are a top seven side, why the stupidly irrational reaction to the result?
10 f***** men for 60 mins, it's a point gained and we move on, for now we are in the mire with 7 other teams fighting for our lives, we will not go down.
Get a grip FFS
It's not a reaction to a result, it's a reaction to (another) performance. I'm really surprised you can't see that, but you've clearly got yourself very worked up.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Only thing that reminded me I wasn’t watching a Championship game was ****ing VAR. Still we won’t need to worry about it next season.

DJW

Reaction score
Because it challenges your unrealistic expectations? Just to use an example, Villa, they are on an upwards trajectory. Great! We are not, we are in transition, GON may not be the right person but I do feel the Nuno era has warped our expectations, see Fulham, if Silva leaves, they they be in the same situation, is that down to their ownership?
I don't have unrealistic expectations, and i haven't seen anyone express such views on here tonight. If today and GON are the height of your expectations then that really sums up how far we've fallen. It's absolute mismanagement that has taken us from Nuno to this garbage. If you think the first half hour was acceptable then I question your football judgement. Even with 10 we were still pretty dam awful. Doherty at ****ing LB, Sasa on the bench, etc etc

PM Wolves

Groupie
Reaction score
It's not a reaction to a result, it's a reaction to (another) performance. I'm really surprised you can't see that, but you've clearly got yourself very worked up.
Yep, it was sooo frustrating to see us scrambling for a result - I just think it's part and parcel of a season that will likely go down to the last few games, I resigned myself once JLO walked, and it seems it's going to be a horrible dogfight.

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
It is, I agree , but we are in a dogfight, we are in amongst 6-7 sides who are fighting for their lives and given our squad, I dont think we will go down. The prem is ridiculously strong and we are not a top 10 side, that is not down to GON it's just the reality. Get a result against City ( without Rodri) next week and it's utopia!! I just cannot stand the knee jerk reactions and entitlement of the posters based on a result that was achieved by 10 men.....
This isn’t knee jerk mate…this is the reality that almost every Wolves fan knew would happen on the appointment! Hobbs gambled and it’s failing massively and more so by the week so get rid now! We are a top ten side with the right manager!…he is not it! Our squad is no worse than Brentford, Fulham, West Ham, even Villa! He’s got to go and now! No faffing!…get it done! Oh and not a hope in hell we will beat City!

T

TheConcourse

And here we are, the same group of players with a couple of additions, and one major loss, managed to hit 11th in the form table over the course of 20 games.

Yeah, I’m sure you’re right though.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Hate making excuses ..,.. But VAR have cost us 3 points due to decisions that weren’t even debatable… So instead of sitting relatively comfortably on 7 points we are looking over our shoulders on 4 …. Vital at this point on the season as points not performances is what counts
Some truth, but does assume we'd have scored the pen at OT and hung on for the win today.

PM Wolves

Groupie
Reaction score
I don't have unrealistic expectations, and i haven't seen anyone express such views on here tonight. If today and GON are the height of your expectations then that really sums up how far we've fallen. It's absolute mismanagement that has taken us from Nuno to this garbage. If you think the first half hour was acceptable then I question your football judgement. Even with 10 we were still pretty dam awful. Doherty at ****ing LB, Sasa on the bench, etc etc
We have fallen that far, I'm with you in the sense that the club is woefully mismanaged, but we don't have control over that unfortunately. GON is not a top 10 manager, but realistically, do we deserve anything more?
Liverpool last week, 1st half amazing, 2nd half scared...We don't have a Brighton vision which would be amazing but is far so removed from what we are.
Not trying to fight, just not mismanaging my expectations for this season which if we finish 17th, will be a success. Sad but that's my personal reality of where we are.....

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two pretty poor sides im afraid
We look more like a Championship side as each week passes
Ok the sending off was harsh and the penalty even harsher but Neto aside we looked rushed and frankly poor all over the pitch
If we dont go down this season it will be a miracle
The penalty wasn't harsh it was against the rules of the game. Not even debateable.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bring back Nuno.

GON is the worst Wolves manager I’ve seen in my lifetime, and I’ve lived through Saunders and Solbakken. At least those ****ers could blame a terrible squad.

This is a decent group being horribly mismanaged by a guy who keeps blaming what came before.

And is there any danger our Chairman comes out of hibernation at some stage to take control of this ship? Coward.
Jeff Shi is a pathetic excuse for an individual.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The more cynical side of me wonders if the worsening VAR decisions for us relate to the UK's worsening relations with China.
That really ls tinfoil hat stuff. Even if they thought it was a good idea, do you really think the British government is capable of rigging football matches? You give them too much credit.

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The first half was woeful but you have to say to come out and take the lead with 10 men showed determination at the very least. Then we get done by the ref.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m probably the only person on this forum not surprised that Luton have a bit of spirit about them and are capable of giving other sides a game. In fact, it’s cringeworthy to hear some fans talking as if they expected us to just turn up and win easily. They only conceded one at Fulham, and though they lost at home to West Ham, it was just by the odd goal. Let’s have some perspective.
Your post missed the mark so far about today and how we have been playing so badly it falls int to area of “Say you know nothing about top level football without saying you know nothing about top level football”…..

No one expected us to roll into town and ease a victory, I predicted either 1:1 or 2:1 Luton.

What everyone is so upset and angry about is the alarming low levels of performance and quality and the fact GO was out managered by edwards and his far weaker team.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bring back Nuno.

1. Nuno had sucky results at the end too.
2. Why would he ever come back here? He's making a **** ton of money and managing the #1 team in Saudi right now.

While I wasn't angry at the O'Neil appointment, he's clearly shown that he has no idea what he's doing with this club. We looked okay for the most part, and he changed the formation for no reason.

However, I also don't think much is going to change until we get some actual recruitment. Cunha is a good player but 50 million? lol

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I personally don't think it's unrealistic to expect us to put on a better performance than we did; Neto's gorgeous goal and a goalmouth scramble aside, we barely even threatened them. Great spirit etc yes; but it was backs-to-the-wall and ****-poor quality all afternoon.

We are, I think, in real trouble & in a real mess on & off the pitch; and with the greatest etc - I think it's yourself who needs to "get your head out of your xxxxxx". This has got relegation written all over it.

Back
Top Bottom