Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Losing Faith in Fosun

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty sure we can. Deafening silence and thinking Shi can do twenty jobs.

The rot set in some time ago people Just failed to see it.
i agree. it is utterly ridiculous that they replaced no one who left. Shi trying to do everything. Nuno looks so folorn and is spouting the solution is in the squad because there is no cash. I expect no signings this winter and maybe only sell to buy next summer. the ground has been left completely after all the big talk. i think cash is very tight and they are losing/have lost interest.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good, Fosun should have never had any faith from people. Its a gigantic company that operates on masses of debt and is subject to the whims of one of the most despotic regimes in history. Sure they pumped some much needed money into the club, but we are nothing but a pr exercise to them and they should be nothing more than funding to us.

I take people on what they do, not on where they come from. They have brought us from obscurity, in to a well respected football team. We are having a bad spell, but that is football. If we stick together and back the players and the club, we will get back in to winning ways. If we jump on every situation, attack our own players, kick dirt in Nuno's face, we will nosedive back in to the championship.
You don't measure fans loyalty by the good times, you measure it, when things aren't going well.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I take people on what they do, not on where they come from. They have brought us from obscurity, in to a well respected football team. We are having a bad spell, but that is football. If we stick together and back the players and the club, we will get back in to winning ways. If we jump on every situation, attack our own players, kick dirt in Nuno's face, we will nosedive back in to the championship.
You don't measure fans loyalty by the good times, you measure it, when things aren't going well.
So all back Nuno.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It feels strange, really strange, that I’m about to criticise the owners when in reality we would probably be mid table in the championship today without them.

But, they’ve dropped the ball massively at the worst possible moment. When they took over, the first season was a relative disaster in terms of the decision makers knowing nothing about football and not really knowing how to go about building a successful club. This is their next massive balls up.

It shows a massive lack of understanding on their part to, presumably, assume that we were guaranteed 7th place because we finished there two seasons running. All of a sudden we “need to become self efficient” when every single fan could have told them “not now, it’s too early, push on big time, invest and really become a fixture”. Instead we arrogantly invested in the future and completely ignored (barring Semedo) the here and now.

Calling back Cutrone and MGW was a desperate move by Nuno and one that he really shouldn’t have been forced to make. Fosun have hung him out to dry to an extent here.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It feels strange, really strange, that I’m about to criticise the owners when in reality we would probably be mid table in the championship today without them.

But, they’ve dropped the ball massively at the worst possible moment. When they took over, the first season was a relative disaster in terms of the decision makers knowing nothing about football and not really knowing how to go about building a successful club. This is their next massive balls up.

It shows a massive lack of understanding on their part to, presumably, assume that we were guaranteed 7th place because we finished there two seasons running. All of a sudden we “need to become self efficient” when every single fan could have told them “not now, it’s too early, push on big time, invest and really become a fixture”. Instead we arrogantly invested in the future and completely ignored (barring Semedo) the here and now.

Calling back Cutrone and MGW was a desperate move by Nuno and one that he really shouldn’t have been forced to make. Fosun have hung him out to dry to an extent here.

Maybe if Nuno and Mendes hadn’t persuaded them to part with £35million for an 18 year old who’d barely played a senior game and £30million on a wing back from Barcelona who can neither attack or defend. Maybe if they then also weren’t persuaded to sell two of our main assets for below market value to two potential rivals. If I was Jeff or Guo I’d be on the phone to Mendes tonight telling him to sort us out some gems because when we needed him to kick us on he screwed us over instead

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still believe Fosun are committed to Wolves. I haven't seen anything to make me think otherwise. The club has to be self-sufficient. I'm not completely convinced by the off-field structure, but only time will tell if it works. This Covid world has been test for big and small businesses. I believe Wolves are in good hands.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe if Nuno and Mendes hadn’t persuaded them to part with £35million for an 18 year old who’d barely played a senior game and £30million on a wing back from Barcelona who can neither attack or defend. Maybe if they then also weren’t persuaded to sell two of our main assets for below market value to two potential rivals. If I was Jeff or Guo I’d be on the phone to Mendes tonight telling him to sort us out some gems because when we needed him to kick us on he screwed us over instead

I think there’s different ways of looking at things but I get your points.

But do you reckon Nuno would have been delighted with the squad when the summer window closed?

What’s more telling is that we didn’t have a striker lined up and confirmed the signing the second the transfer window opened. That can’t be down to Nuno.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh bore off man. You are not being realistic at all. Arsenal have actual match winners in their squad. We dont have a single one.
It's a little rich for Mr One-Track Bore to accuse someone else of being boring.....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Arsenal , mid table , fighting relegation . Sorry but to go from 7th place to this is going backwards . Paper over cracks all you like we sold two key players and didn’t replace Jota . So Shi needs hauling over the coals and Nuno . Silva will not be ready this time next year if we are honest so where’s the ****ing striker . Personally I think we have relied to heavily on Mendes as we need other players as well to succeed .
A blunt question: who are you to haul anyone associated with the club over the coals? Shi would be perfectly entitled to tell you to eff off.

Golfwolfuk

Groupie
Reaction score
Spot on

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I couldn't explain it any better. It is quite arrogant to be honest. It's like they never heard of Stoke, Wigan, Sunderland etc.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Exactly how does this "sticking together and backing the players" work? What exactly can we as supporters do?

Sorry, but fans are not really to blame for players losing football matches at best of times. Let alone when the fans are not even in the ground. I think your words are all mighty uplifing fine sounding, but when you look at it, just hollow with no substance.

If all posts critical of the club had been banned in the past week, are you saying that we'd have won today? That our players would have put in more effort and magically develop the skills we can see are missing? That Raul wouldn't have got injured? Please, can you explain how this all works?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No one in the history of mankind is above question.
I never said they would always be, but in my view, they have done an incredible amount for our club, and very little I can complain about. I’m not saying they haven’t made mistakes, but nothing I’ve seen suggests it hasn’t been with good intent.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good, Fosun should have never had any faith from people. Its a gigantic company that operates on masses of debt and is subject to the whims of one of the most despotic regimes in history. Sure they pumped some much needed money into the club, but we are nothing but a pr exercise to them and they should be nothing more than funding to us.
100% agree and have from day one

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Weirdly, agree with both the above.

Reactions: Ned

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Arsenal were below us a few weeks ago, we are more mid table than relegation, we are 4 points off tenth, and ten off relegation
Stop posting facts that do not support the narrative that we will be relegated

R

reanswolf

Bang on. ALtho I think it is bad that we havent brought ina striker, you can understandhow Fosun must feel.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bang on. ALtho I think it is bad that we havent brought ina striker, you can understandhow Fosun must feel.
But happy to blame the manager, interesting you know who does what, I certainly don't.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure we can judge the owners till the summer. Big big summer coming up
I’ve no idea whether Nuno would want sign a striker this January or not (but suspect he would) ... but if I was in Fosun’s shoes I’d be absolutely demanding it.

We can’t risk not signing a striker this January.

Burford T Justice

Reaction score
Completely fed up with them.

Made billions off a pandemic. Won't put money into the club as they are too arrogant and stubborn to realise they're ****ed up another window.

They don't understand we're in a relegation fight yet won't strengthen.
Genuine question, do you know how their businesses work?

I keep seeing this "made billions off the pandemic why aren't they putting money in? “. Fosun Pharma made billions off the pandemic, not wolves. They are completely separate businesses each with their own targets and budgets, they aren't there to fund a football club they have already pumped millions into. They don't all share the same p&l and balance sheet.

It's like saying Tesco have made loads of money being allowed to stay open, why don't they give Dave's cricket bat shop a couple of million as he spent all his money on a shiny cricket ball but I want them to buy some wicketkeeper gloves that they can't afford now.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I couldn't explain it any better. It is quite arrogant to be honest. It's like they never heard of Stoke, Wigan, Sunderland etc.

Thing is, they are not football people. They probably haven't heard of those...nor Forest, Ipswich etc and all the other "established top division teams" that drop down the leagues through bad decisions at the top. And even recently both Watford and Sheff U have dropped from challenging us for Europe to bottom of the table and relegation - in a few months.

I guess in business it's very rare for the really big companies to drop down. It happens, but takes years of gross negligence. Football clubs (other than the big 6 are much more volatile. Take your eye off the ball for one season and you can be in big trouble.

It's complacency to say it couldn't happen to us. Little signs were there - the dependency on 1 or 2 absolutely key players to not get injured (e.g. Doc had no backup in the first season, arguably the second too as Jonny couldnt play both sides at once) . We got lucky, now we've been caught out by long term injury to who is our single most important player. With no suitable Premier league quality backup.

Those little signs were easily dismissed as we did finish 7th twice, some great performances as well the occasional stinker. They are now huge "Danger" signs with poor performances just being racked up week after week.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think there’s different ways of looking at things but I get your points.

But do you reckon Nuno would have been delighted with the squad when the summer window closed?

What’s more telling is that we didn’t have a striker lined up and confirmed the signing the second the transfer window opened. That can’t be down to Nuno.

The strength and size of the squad is his and Mendes doing. He has always had the final say on any transfer and without Thelwell to offer an alternative view to Jeff we were left at the mercy of Mendes, who wouldn’t be doing anything Nuno wasn’t happy with. They blew our budget looking after themselves and their friends. £65million on Silva and Semedo, loan with view to buys for Vitinha and Ait-Nouri, sales of Jota and Doherty, Mendes made a fortune off us this summer

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stop posting facts that do not support the narrative that we will be relegated
Apparently it’s bore off, funnily that poster hadn’t replied to me since I posted more facts to them

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Success in football isn’t linear. Just because you finish 7th one season doesn’t mean with one tweak you should finish 6th the next. Etc etc...

I thought it was some of our fans who needed to understand this earlier this season, now though I’m beginning to worry the owners don’t get this too.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The strength and size of the squad is his and Mendes doing. He has always had the final say on any transfer and without Thelwell to offer an alternative view to Jeff we were left at the mercy of Mendes, who wouldn’t be doing anything Nuno wasn’t happy with. They blew our budget looking after themselves and their friends. £65million on Silva and Semedo, loan with view to buys for Vitinha and Ait-Nouri, sales of Jota and Doherty, Mendes made a fortune off us this summer
Can you provide me evidence it’s Nunos choice? As he was stated in December saying he wanted nee players on the window, so why did he say that then there’s none coming in

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve no idea whether Nuno would want sign a striker this January or not (but suspect he would) ... but if I was in Fosun’s shoes I’d be absolutely demanding it.

We can’t risk not signing a striker this January.
Your right off course. I'm just not sure judging fosun on a Jan window is fair on them. I'd like us to sign a central defender to, to give the team a bit of a lift, but I'm not sure who is available that would improve us.

That's why I'll judge at the end of the summer, I will see how they feel about spending/backing at the best time to purchase.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can you provide me evidence it’s Nunos choice? As he was stated in December saying he wanted nee players on the window, so why did he say that then there’s none coming in

There’s none coming in because he blew the budget already. If Fiorentina had taken Cutrone then we probably would’ve done a few loans but they didn’t and so Nuno was told to use him except he hasn’t.

Who’s choice do you think it is if it’s not Nuno? Jeff? The Kitman? Doris the tea lady?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get what you’re saying about squad size. That is by design and is down to Nuno and the coaching team. We do have a weird number of injuries but we shouldn’t be so threadbare due to it.

Also, Mendes has had our pants down this window, I agree, but I don’t think it’s right to place the blame entirely at Nuno’s door as well. I still don’t see Nuno signing off on all the summer business and being happy with it. He doesn’t appear to want Vitinha, for instance, who I think looks like a really good player.

I mean, we’ve genuinely got some really promising talent for the future if we sign Nouri and Vitinha at the end of their loans. But they won’t do anything at all unless there is some fresh, first team blood to compliment them.

Back
Top Bottom