Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Losing Faith in Fosun

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure we can judge the owners till the summer. Big big summer coming up

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree but think far more question marks against the owners.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Plenty of posts losing faith in the manager, what about the owners?

If the owners don't help Nuno by signing a more established striker, on loan, this window, there are questions to be answered by Fosun about their judgement and their commitment. But as has been noted elsewhere, it could well be that their hands are tied by the Chinese Communist Party with regards to investing in a British business at the moment.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Plenty of posts losing faith in the manager, what about the owners?
Brilliant owners. Thank God they came in and have invested so much in us. Took us from a middling championship side to 7 in the premiership. Twice. Put us back on a world stage. If fans force them out, we will deserve every second and third rate moment we will have to put up with again.

D

Deleted member 5962

Good, Fosun should have never had any faith from people. Its a gigantic company that operates on masses of debt and is subject to the whims of one of the most despotic regimes in history. Sure they pumped some much needed money into the club, but we are nothing but a pr exercise to them and they should be nothing more than funding to us.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Completely fed up with them.

Made billions off a pandemic. Won't put money into the club as they are too arrogant and stubborn to realise they're ****ed up another window.

They don't understand we're in a relegation fight yet won't strengthen.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeff has a lot to answer for. Get the wallet out for **** sake
No No No you're joking!
Fosun so far have backed their manager with loads of £££££$$$$$'s
£70 million for two player in the summer. Record transfer just a few years ago was £7 million least you forget.

wolveslegend

Groupie
Reaction score
Jeff promised the earth, suddenly its gone quiet, is there more going on behind the scenes than we know of ? Thelwall and laurie leaving and not being replaced. obsession with signing loads of youth over actual experience. let's not forget the first couple of transfer windows after the take over were a disaster with millions wasted, stadium talk went cold very quick has Nuno been keeping a holed ship afloat all this time ? was he really happy with a very small squad ?

Daveywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've heard they haven't spent much much at all, it's all from loans in the clubs name

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun ie Jeff needs to start speaking up and clarify things. If Fosun are shutting up shop on transfers for now and are willing to risk potential relegation then I will be amazed. Surely, if nothing else, today will have shown Jeff that a striker is desperately needed. Surely.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will be very disappointed if they risk undoing all of the good work they’ve done by not proving reinforcements this month.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brilliant owners. Thank God they came in and have invested so much in us. Took us from a middling championship side to 7 in the premiership. Twice. Put us back on a world stage. If fans force them out, we will deserve every second and third rate moment we will have to put up with again.
Yet so quick to blame the manager who achieved all that.

Pessimistic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know that I'm losing faith but there are questions to ask because there isn't much transparency in the way the club operates.

Why has Jeff Shi chosen to subsume the responsibilities of Dalrymple and Thelwell with himself and other internal staff?

Why has public communication dropped off the face of the earth?

What are FOSUN's current ambitions for Wolves and have they changed in light of poor form/brexit/pandemic?

What is our financial situation and what are the long term financial goals of the club in its capacity as an investment vehicle?

Whose responsibility is the transfer strategy and to what extent does Nuno have control over the strategy and the individual signings?

To what extent do international relations between the CCP and UK impact FOSUN's investments?

I could hazard a guess at some of these, but for the most part it isn't very clear. The operating model we had when we first came up looks drastically different from the one we have now. Engagement, comms and transparency have all dropped.

At one point, you could believe that FOSUN did want us to become Champions League regulars and challenge at the top of the game. The past 18 months have slightly muddied that belief. It looks (although I could be wrong), that FOSUN now prefer financial self sufficiency, i. E. Buy to sell, rather than investment.

I don't want to turn this into an anti FOSUN conspiracy, but that's the perception that they're going to have to deal with unless they actually tell fans what's going on

D

Deleted member 4008

This window we have signed **** all and I expect not much . Looking from us bringing back a Couple of duds we bombed out . That won't move anyone forward . Could be the start of fosun starting to sell us

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've heard they haven't spent much much at all, it's all from loans in the clubs name
No No No you're joking!
Fosun so far have backed their manager with loads of £££££$$$$$'s
£70 million for two player in the summer. Record transfer just a few years ago was £7 million least you forget.
Least we forget also not just the millions on transfers but also the players wages now are millions more than a few years ago ;)

Some folk are just narrow minded and clueless!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am having serious doubts. Last two summer transfer windows havent been good enough and this is showing now on the pitch. Seems we are still living off the transfer window in our first season back in the Premier League and the one in the Championship. We seem to be now regressing at an alarming rate as a result. Seems a lack of communication with the fans now as well. Also noticed we dont appear to be signing players for the u23's and u18's in the last few months. May be nothing but we are light on strikers even in the u23's and u18's. Just seems almost a big lull at the club.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the overreliance on the Mendes carousel to generate future profits is the problem.

While Mendes can be a big asset in helping persuade talents to join us, our transfer net does not seem to be cast anywhere near widely enough. There was much better value out there in the summer for the football club than what we ended up with, but we put his - and maybe Guo's - interests first.

When there is nobody in the Mendes carousel ready to join, our transfer deals simply freeze up, as seems to be happening right now. Any other club with the squad issues we are having would have found some new additions by now, but the vibes seem to be that we won't even make a single signing this month.

The new FIFA rules will probably block this arrangement within the next year in any case, but the damage may have already been done.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Today I do have my doubts about Fosun .
But they have taken this club in to a new ‘market’ , and I am so thankful or that.
We had 40 years of mediocrity , and it has been shown what can be done. Opening markets in Mexico and Portugal.
They bought Wolves for a reason , history and potential and my hope is that another company will take us onwards.
They got us recognised as a top 30 European club that’s something it gives us a opening to move forward.
AlI I hope is if they have given up , that they do sell out and bank a profit, they don’t hang on in there seeing a gradual decline.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've lost faith in Fosun some time back to be honest (and have been posting on the forum about it too). I think their transfer policy has been nothing short of poor. They clearly have a lot of naivety in regards to running and progressing a football club.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun brought us for £30m, they could make a big whack on us, how much did Burnley get sold for?

If they think the occasional big money signing is no good unless there’s a sell on value, then yes they need to go. Raul is the player im thinking about, sometimes we need a player whose ready it but costs us money and little sell on value

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun brought us for £30m, they could make a big whack on us, how much did Burnley get sold for?

If they think the occasional big money signing is no good unless there’s a sell on value, then yes they need to go. Raul is the player im thinking about, sometimes we need a player whose done it but costs us money
Yep agreed. I've mentioned on here before that we never sign a player in their prime. Sometimes you can't think about the resale value and have to bite the bullet. All the biggest teams do this.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Completely fed up with them.

Made billions off a pandemic. Won't put money into the club as they are too arrogant and stubborn to realise they're ****ed up another window.

They don't understand we're in a relegation fight yet won't strengthen.
You can’t mention making billions from a pandemic without pointing out they’ve done a lot of work providing free supplies for New Cross and other organisations in Wolverhampton.

I’ve got some niggling doubts on the football front, but as a business, they’ve done plenty that they didn’t need to do during this situation, and in particular for the people of this city.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rot started selling Jota and Doc , too late now. Be typical for us all to come out the other side of the pandemic to be let back in August to see championship football

I also thought losing 2 key players started the rot.... both knew the system inside out and wer part of our identity.

It's looking a complete mess right now and we're in serious need for reinforcements.

Back
Top Bottom