Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Losing Faith in Fosun

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably but that wasn't the question

and Fosun still didn't tell him to play, and stick with 4 at the back.
No, I blame Nuno for being too loyal to Coady! I think that’s just ended. Coady has been poor for weeks now, but it must be hard to drop your talisman. We would never have created 23 chances with 5 at the back, we need to go to 4, Boly abd Saiss for me

Tipton Wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Let's be honest Shi hasn't got a clue.
He needs to go. It's pretty tragic watching this whole thing develop from a few points away from Champions league to mid table dross.
We have struggled since losing to Valencia.
We arent midtable. We are in a relegation battle. Nunos fault i am afraid. Well known he is involved in transfer process.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How are they? For some reason I thought there deal fell through.

From what I read borrowing plus using some of Burnley’s own money

I don’t pretend to understand it but gist of article was that the proposed owners couldn’t really afford it

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We arent midtable. We are in a relegation battle. Nunos fault i am afraid. Well known he is involved in transfer process.
Arsenal were below us a few weeks ago, we are more mid table than relegation, we are 4 points off tenth, and ten off relegation

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, I blame Nuno for being too loyal to Coady! I think that’s just ended. Coady has been poor for weeks now, but it must be hard to drop your talisman. We would never have created 23 chances with 5 at the back, we need to go to 4, Boly abd Saiss for me

Need to actually go out and sign a decent centre back for once to partner Boly. We havent signed a centre back that has had any sort of impact since we were back in the championship.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Right? So many on this very forum refused to accept this and thought those of us who hated these moves were being "alarmist". How are we trying to build up to Top 6 or build on a Euro QF by buying teenagers and selling some of our best scorers? Bizarre.

The reaction to selling Jota on here was bizarre tbh. It was like people were living in alternate reality saying he hadn't contributed anything since the Championship and had been second choice for 12 months. Maybe it was a coping mechanism.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know that I'm losing faith but there are questions to ask because there isn't much transparency in the way the club operates.

Why has Jeff Shi chosen to subsume the responsibilities of Dalrymple and Thelwell with himself and other internal staff?

Why has public communication dropped off the face of the earth?

What are FOSUN's current ambitions for Wolves and have they changed in light of poor form/brexit/pandemic?

What is our financial situation and what are the long term financial goals of the club in its capacity as an investment vehicle?

Whose responsibility is the transfer strategy and to what extent does Nuno have control over the strategy and the individual signings?

To what extent do international relations between the CCP and UK impact FOSUN's investments?

I could hazard a guess at some of these, but for the most part it isn't very clear. The operating model we had when we first came up looks drastically different from the one we have now. Engagement, comms and transparency have all dropped.

At one point, you could believe that FOSUN did want us to become Champions League regulars and challenge at the top of the game. The past 18 months have slightly muddied that belief. It looks (although I could be wrong), that FOSUN now prefer financial self sufficiency, i. E. Buy to sell, rather than investment.

I don't want to turn this into an anti FOSUN conspiracy, but that's the perception that they're going to have to deal with unless they actually tell fans what's going on
Forget all that, where's my parcel I ordered last week?

TezzaWolf

Reaction score
I don't know that I'm losing faith but there are questions to ask because there isn't much transparency in the way the club operates.

Why has Jeff Shi chosen to subsume the responsibilities of Dalrymple and Thelwell with himself and other internal staff?

Why has public communication dropped off the face of the earth?

What are FOSUN's current ambitions for Wolves and have they changed in light of poor form/brexit/pandemic?

What is our financial situation and what are the long term financial goals of the club in its capacity as an investment vehicle?

Whose responsibility is the transfer strategy and to what extent does Nuno have control over the strategy and the individual signings?

To what extent do international relations between the CCP and UK impact FOSUN's investments?

I could hazard a guess at some of these, but for the most part it isn't very clear. The operating model we had when we first came up looks drastically different from the one we have now. Engagement, comms and transparency have all dropped.

At one point, you could believe that FOSUN did want us to become Champions League regulars and challenge at the top of the game. The past 18 months have slightly muddied that belief. It looks (although I could be wrong), that FOSUN now prefer financial self sufficiency, i. E. Buy to sell, rather than investment.

I don't want to turn this into an anti FOSUN conspiracy, but that's the perception that they're going to have to deal with unless they actually tell fans what's going on

Some very good questions here, and none of them would be breaking any confidentiality to answer. Very happy with the last 3 years but things have changed and there can be no denying that, I would add a few too:-

Why did we have to break even on transfers in the summer? FFP? Pandemic? Or is this the way things will be from now on? There should be TV money to spend within the club without having to go to FOSUN's coffers.

Why is there no transfer money now? Again if it's FFP or the Pandemic tell us, something changed drastically between Man Utd and Brighton we went from needing players to rebalance the squad to the solution is within the squad.

The young player signing initiative, Is this a FOSUN or Nuno idea? I would say FOSUN but put it out there for clarity.

The small squad, Is this a FOSUN or Nuno idea? We could be battering Nuno over something that he has very little say in.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Arsenal were below us a few weeks ago, we are more mid table than relegation, we are 4 points off tenth, and ten off relegation

Difference is that Arsenal have quite a few players that can score goals in their squad. I dont think we have. They have also got better defenders and more options than we have. I cant see us going on any sort of run with the current squad we have.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun will take us back to where we started middle of the road championship club

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The reaction to selling Jota on here was bizarre tbh. It was like people were living in alternate reality saying he hadn't contributed anything since the Championship and had been second choice for 12 months. Maybe it was a coping mechanism.

Totally agree. Then we never even replaced Jota.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He wasn’t as influential as you make out. The other night I pulled out quote after quote from okd verdict threads where people said that. Nostalgia makes you think he was Messi abd Ronaldinho. He was good but no better than Neto is for us now. It was the right deal at the right time end of

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Difference is that Arsenal have quite a few players that can score goals in their squad. I dont think we have. They have also got better defenders and more options than we have. I cant see us going on any sort of run with the current squad we have.
David Luiz and Rob holding?????????? Really?

D

Deleted member 5962

He wasn’t as influential as you make out. The other night I pulled out quote after quote from okd verdict threads where people said that. Nostalgia makes you think he was Messi abd Ronaldinho. He was good but no better than Neto is for us now. It was the right deal at the right time end of

Considering Adama has had a similar goal threat to Boly this season, having another Neto wouldnt be a bad thing.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So that was my point - we wouldn’t necessarily get good new owners
Agree again.. you never know when new owners come in..
Promise the world and deliver a pup.

We should know at Wolves after Morgan.

Who knows, maybe this COVID could be a blessing and we are saving our pennies for next few seasons.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
David Luiz and Rob holding?????????? Really?

They've got a couple of other options as well to be fair including the lad from Brazil they signed in the summer, Gabriel. They look better than us defensively at the moment that is for sure.

D

Deleted member 5962

So pocket the cash then.

I'm bored of my PS4, I've sold a bunch of games. I'm not buying new ones. I'm funding a PS5 (If I could find one).

I'm just saying using the Silva purchase as some way of saying the owners are splashing cash is a bit off. We had a net negative transfer window in the summer. Maybe some of that needs to come off with the collapse of the Cutrone deal, but we are not a big spending club compared to most.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I disagree. He set the tone for the whole team from the front. People were too fixated on his goals when it was his work rate, pressing and needling defenders that was his biggest asset and something we are completely devoid of now. Neto doesn't have that influence.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So tired of this cliche. Remember we were in a European QF and sure as **** won't be back for a long time. What's the grace period for being critical of owners? What's next, remember we were a team of schoolboys in the 19th century?

It's not a cliche though. Fosun have enabled us to have three great seasons, and probably more to come. We have been spoilt in recent years, and I think folk should realise just how bad things were in the mid 80's.

And how do you know we won't be back in Europe for a long time?

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They've got a couple of other options as well to be fair including the lad from Brazil they signed in the summer, Gabriel. They look better than us defensively at the moment that is for sure.
They’re boring I’ll give you that. Boly and Saiss are equivalent to Holding and Luiz in my eyes. The problem is midfield, balls are coming in that shouldn’t be, Moutinho and Donk are contributing nothing, all season no goals no assists, and they don’t provide the cover to the defence.

Wolfenstein

Groupie
Reaction score
Scored more goals than netto. Also stood his ground quite well for a small fella hard to knock him off the ball but fans seem to forget this. Bet most would have him back in a heartbeat in our current predicament

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I disagree. He set the tone for the whole team from the front. People were too fixated on his goals when it was his work rate, pressing and needling defenders that was his biggest asset and something we are completely devoid of now. Neto doesn't have that influence.
That’s your opinion, but re read last seasons verdict threads, I don’t see the sane thing as you describe being mentioned week In week out

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said it on another thread but it’s the most Wolves thing ever to get back to the top table and then see everything undone by a global pandemic and the world falling out with China.

If you didn’t laugh you would cry, and I feel like crying.

Tipton Wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Oh bore off man. You are not being realistic at all. Arsenal have actual match winners in their squad. We dont have a single one.

sturb74

Reaction score
I just think massively over archived in 2 previous seasons gone from league 1 to Europe in 3 seasons to many on here expecting the same working with one of the smallest squads this is the 1st season it has backfired so that’s 1 in 3 not going down three worst teams save money rebuild next year and find out if Jimenez is going to be playing again

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh bore off man. You are not being realistic at all. Arsenal have actual match winners in their squad. We dont have a single one.
Bore off, I bet you’re a right good debater?

Traore Neto Podence

Bore off eh? I’ll be polite I think your argument is flawed

Corporal Hicks

Groupie
Reaction score
Can’t buy a win at the moment but even though I didn’t see us picking up points in Jan tides turn and with our early season return I do think we’ll just about scrape over the line.
We are in peril, no doubts and today has hurt me to my core, I’ve been snappy ever since and once again it’s to that lot.... 12 point leads, PO Semis, 5-1...they **** me off and I don’t even live in the city any more.
But, with half the season left it only takes a catalyst to turn things around and whilst we are awful right now the old saying is that form is temporary and class permanent, I just have to believe that we have enough quality in this team to stay up. The re-build has to begin quickly after this if we do stay up as next season we would be amongst the favourites to go down.
A complete reset now needed from Nuno, the team and us the fans to get through this between now and the end of the season, let the inquisition begin once we’re safe.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Absolutely it was cope. Jota was an engine that did far more then just score goals. He hit a rough patch, pandemic and injury all at once and people assumed he was done for. It was insane.

It's not a cliche though. Fosun have enabled us to have three great seasons, and probably more to come. We have been spoilt in recent years, and I think folk should realise just how bad things were in the mid 80's.

And how do you know we won't be back in Europe for a long time?
Well it was 40 years since the last trip... in all seriousness, you need expensive players to make it to Europe. If that is too risky for Fosun, we wont advance beyond 7th. It requires serious investment in talent. And that's fine as long as Jeff Shi stops blowing smoke up our arses about supposedly aiming for the top. It reminds me of Moxey wanting to be Everton. Stop talking and actually prove it.

Im thankful for the last 3 seasons, and if thats all, it was fun. But they need to be direct and realistic if their goals are just to make money off reselling teenage assets. Don't insist there's some bigger project if there isn't. Don't **** down our back and call it rain.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can’t mention making billions from a pandemic without pointing out they’ve done a lot of work providing free supplies for New Cross and other organisations in Wolverhampton.

I’ve got some niggling doubts on the football front, but as a business, they’ve done plenty that they didn’t need to do during this situation, and in particular for the people of this city.

Mearly pointing out that financially they aren't struggling as much as many others and funds should be available if they wish.

But they don't

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's probably been mentioned already FOSUN don't pick the team, FOSUN didn't play Saiss at LB today, FOSUN didn't play Silva as a winger on Tuesday night, FOSUN are not the reason why we seem to chop and change the team this season.

They finance the club Shi has his role, Marshall is the Head of recruitment, we have a certain 'advisor' who advises and Nuno picks the team who surely has a say who comes in to the club.

FOSUN are probably the least to blame for what's happening this season.

D

Deleted member 4008

I think that’s why we find ourselves as a club in the situation we are in .Not many like to put forward positive Criticism and just bury their heads in the sand . Then complacency sets in and when you have a small squad and injuries hit you are **** canned .
Let’s be honest the last couple of transfer windows we needed to get competition for a couple of key areas and they did **** all .

D

Deleted member 4008

Arsenal , mid table , fighting relegation . Sorry but to go from 7th place to this is going backwards . Paper over cracks all you like we sold two key players and didn’t replace Jota . So Shi needs hauling over the coals and Nuno . Silva will not be ready this time next year if we are honest so where’s the ****ing striker . Personally I think we have relied to heavily on Mendes as we need other players as well to succeed .

Back
Top Bottom