Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

Rabid Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Maybe. I do wonder what Spain reneged on to make him declare he was jumping ship a day before a major tournament.

Without doubt a good manager. Shame we can't say the same about him as a man.
He accepted the Real Madrid job without telling the Spanish FA apparently.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope lopetugui doesn't get the job.....the only reason if we have a chance at En Nesryri it could make it more difficult ......

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can you give us a lie he's told?
Jeff lied to JL to get him to Wolves.

Loppy has been nothing but complimentary about Wolves. The only dig he did have was at Jeff and the lack of ambition

Jeff informed JL that Wolves do not have the resources to back his ambitions and the two parties parted ways….

It paints a bad picture more about Jeff than JL. He wasn’t going to stay at Wolves long for us to be a bottom half club.

Credit to Hobbs and Gary for picking up the pieces and keeping us in the league. We’ve all moved on.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
After the way he utterly imploded at Sevilla and then turned his back on Wolves, I'll be curious to see how he gets on with his next employer.

I wouldn't trust him very much, frankly. Doesn't seem like it works out long-term.

Where has he succeeded again? I know he's one of a litany of managers to win the europa league cup with Sevilla (before things went very bad)...and the qualifying run with Spain was promising. His job keeping wolves up I still think was about par for the course given the squad and money spent, but I guess he did a better job than Brendan Rodgers.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If GON left l’d have Moyes or Mourinho.

Both proven at the top of the game
If he left, we may not attract many ideal managers. Couldn’t possibly see Mourinho being interested and whilst Moyes is a steady pair of hands, he’s managed bigger clubs than Wolves and won zero trophies, apart from the Europa Conference thing. I don’t think he improves Wolves.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From what I understand… RAN was asking to leave due to LOP and Cunha wasn’t his biggest fan… hence why Cunha has kicked on and excelled this year under GON.
Can't comment on RAN but Cunha was 100% a JL signing so....

Edited to add:
Something which the many Cunha critics last season were only too keen to point out just before they said that we'd overpaid....

Last edited:

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought that it was Real themselves but....
Quite possibly. There was a story that Perez told the Real players Lop was taking over and when the national team got together Ramos was bragging about it in the dressing room.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Talk about delusion of grandeur.

Do they think they’ll get Pep or something?

Fans all listen to podcasts nowadays, they read all the tactical long reads on The Athletic and other sites about the top European coaches/teams, they share views on social media etc. It results in a generation of fans that are far more knowledgably and more likely to want their club to go for progressive younger coaches that entertain rather than an old clogger that will keep you in the league.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What, by daring not to accept Shi shafting him like he has every single head coach?
By arranging interviews with his mate in the team hotel slagging the club off. Whether you agree with his reasons or not, he came across as a *****, which is why nobody wants him, not because of his track record.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He accepted the Real Madrid job without telling the Spanish FA apparently.

He didn't need to tell them anything. His miscalculation was telling everybody just before a World Cup when he was the Spain manager, and they took offence as it unsettled the primary job he was meant to be doing just before a finals.

Bobby Robson did the same before the 1990 World Cup, said he'd be leaving his job with England whatever the circumstances, but he was getting pilloried in the press on a daily basis and nobody really cared either way. When we realised we were not actually the worst team in the world and might like him to stay on, it was too late.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He didn't need to tell them anything. His miscalculation was telling everybody just before a World Cup when he was the Spain manager, and they took offence as it unsettled the primary job he was meant to be doing just before a finals.

Bobby Robson did the same before the 1990 World Cup, said he'd be leaving his job with England whatever the circumstances, but he was getting pilloried in the press on a daily basis and nobody really cared either way. When we realised we were not actually the worst team in the world and might like him to stay on, it was too late.
He didn't, Real Madrid did....

Back
Top Bottom